imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

imgv94 NCAA FOOTBALL Wk 6 (YTD:26-20 +8.72 Units) *I LOVE LSU*

RECORD 26-20 +8.72 Units

(I like the font Lucida Sans Unicode)

After Winning for 4 straight weeks I took a turn for worse last week losing over 3.7 units.. Ouch.. I will do the best I can to avoid that this week. I would like to give thanks to all the people here who discuss the games and divulge their opinions.. I notice when we all work together good things can happen. I encourage you to take advantage of this place, we have a ton of great people here that are not only good cappers but have sound money management skills as well and that is just as important as picking winners.

PLAYS:

3* LSU -1.5
    1* LSU ML +133 (Got this right away)
    Not a big fan of the Gators, they haven't impressed me as much as they have other people I guess. LSU played Auburn down to the wire @ Jordan-Hare and that is an extremely hostile enviroment so I think that Floridas home field might be an overrated factor here..I am a defense guy and I trust LSUs defense more than Florida's. I think this a prime spot for LSU and we are getting a great line here cause people still believe FLA is a top 5 team..I recommend any line up to -3.. GO TIGERS BABY!!!!!!!!!

2* Teaser
    Okla +11.5
    Hawaii -1.5

Good luck gentleman I will be posting more plays sporadically through the week..

I want some opinions on the LSU/UF game.. please..

Have a great week and please take care...

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

imgv... ...

imgv94

pags who do you like?

pags11

still working on my card but I picked up Oklahoma +7 on Saturday night...

imgv94

Hoosiers were +7 Sat night? OMG I would of hammered that for 3 units right there..

mark09
    mark09's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would Not Sell Fla. Defense Short

I would not be one to sell the Florida Defense short. Take away the opening drive in their opening game and Florida has given up just 3 TD's in over 19 quarters of football. I beleive one of those was on a trick play. Playing at home makes them even tougher. Stick with Hawaii.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Not gonna lie, I am not impressed by Florida. LSU could have very well taken out Auburn at their place. I like LSU. Shit I already put 2 Us on it.

imgv94

I agree I am not impressed with Florida either..

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Florida Gators are an absolute joke. Urban Meyer was outcoached by Mike Shula last week (what a miracle win Florida was. Lord knows I deserved it) - the importance of this cannot be understated, as Shula hadn't previously outcoached anyone in his life. Meyer's Mickey Mouse offense isn't going to work against the pressure and defensive backs it will face the next two weeks. As Mark says, the Gator defense is pretty strong - I actually like under - but I just think LSU is too much for Florida. Hell, they were -5 in turnovers in this matchup last season, and still won by 4.

imgv94

Love it Razz love it..

pags11

good stuff razz...

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    The Florida Gators are an absolute joke. Urban Meyer was outcoached by Mike Shula last week (what a miracle win Florida was. Lord knows I deserved it)
    A LUCKY ASS TD and a pick 6 in the last couple mins was the cover difference.
    I won't lie - I got lucky... I suck at picking college winners (pick 6 covers seem to be my theme thus far lol, that's 4 or 5 so far) - but Florida showed little to nothing IN THEIR HOUSE.

I thought that place was sacred, Ron Zook out on a rail or not... (woo! go illinois! F Mich St.)
    That game shouldn't have been close, but in watching the talent - it really was.
    Florida is waaaaaay over-ranked right now (and again - I only talk about what I've seen - I'm very inexperienced in CFB and my 'fade me' losing record proves it) -but Florida really is lacking on O, and that's an issue with me when trying to figure out who is going to win --- or if you fade me, REALLY win heh. I normally lose, but then again, I'm a total newb on CFB outside the big ten/big east.

My point is, I'd take a team like LSU day/night over a team like Florida up to 7 points... But that's only based on my NFL thinking... College is different. LSU, from what little I've seen is pretty solid. Florida is vulnerable to a well coached team. I stress WELL coached. Shula is a crapass college coach from what I've seen in his stay, and he looked like his pop last week, almost.
    Last edited by McBa1n; 10-03-06 at 05:35 AM.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    A LUCKY ASS TD and a pick 6 in the last couple mins was the cover difference.
    I won't lie - I got lucky... I suck at picking college winners (pick 6 covers seem to be my theme thus far lol, that's 4 or 5 so far) - but Florida showed little to nothing IN THEIR HOUSE.

I thought that place was sacred, Ron Zook out on a rail or not... (woo! go illinois! F Mich St.)
    That game shouldn't have been close, but in watching the talent - it really was.
    Florida is waaaaaay over-ranked right now (and again - I only talk about what I've seen - I'm very inexperienced in CFB and my 'fade me' losing record proves it) -but Florida really is lacking on O, and that's an issue with me when trying to figure out who is going to win --- or if you fade me, REALLY win heh. I normally lose, but then again, I'm a total newb on CFB outside the big ten/big east.

My point is, I'd take a team like LSU day/night over a team like Florida up to 7 points... But that's only based on my NFL thinking... College is different. LSU, from what little I've seen is pretty solid. Florida is vulnerable to a well coached team. I stress WELL coached. Shula is a crapass college coach from what I've seen in his stay, and he looked like his pop last week, almost.
    You and I are seeing eye to eye in this one

imgv94

McBain this one is for you man.. I know you will like this one doggy dogg..

ADDING:

1.5* Colorado -4 -105
    If the Buffaloes have any fight left in them they should win this game by double digits. Baylor is a one-dimensional passing machine that Colorado should be able to handle defensively. Colorado has faced ranked teams 3 weeks in a row and played the last two games very well, Baylor should be like a nice breath of fresh air. This would be a 3 unit if I knew for a fact the Buffaloes heart was in this game. They are not as bad as their 0-5 record and should beat Baylor by more than 4.. Good Luck!!!

imgv94

Adding:

2* UNDER 46 Okla St/Kansas St
    I really like this play. I thought the Total was going to be 41 was shocked to see 46..Wildcats offense has been terrible scoring only 9pts in their last 2 games but at the same time their defense has been promising. Kansas St hasn't given up more than 24 pts all season and that was to Louisville. I don't see why Okla St should score alot of points in here.. This has a low scoring game written all over it BABY!!! Cap this game and tell me what you think...

imgv94

ADDING:

1*Kent State -23.5 -105
    Temple is horrible.Their record is 0-5. The cumulative score is 217-24. The losing streak is 17 straight. Kent State is hot have destroyed their last 2 foes by a combined 75-18.. Defense is fast and good Temple will not score more than 10 points in here..Kent State is going to show off in here cause they know how it feels to be a dog and they want to see what it is like to beat a team by 40 points. These two teams are going in the opposite direction and I am going to have the balls to give 23 1/2 points in here.. Kent by 40 in here...Thanks for listening!!

mark09
    mark09's Avatar Become A Pro!

OK, all good thoughts and I do listen……but

It is ok if you’re not impressed with Florida’s “D” but they did hold Tennessee and Alabama to 72 rushing yards, combined. If I look up LSU’s rushing attack I see a total 42 yards at Auburn and maybe even worse, only 108 against Miss State on their home field. That means LSU is going to beat Florida by their passing game alone? I don’t think so. As far as them “almost” beating Auburn, they did not beat Auburn because they could not run the ball. Can’t run play-action-pass if you can’t run. And by the way Auburn did not look that good against the Gamecocks either. Was Georgia over rated when they smacked LSU last year 34 – 14 also holding LSU to 74 yards. The concern I have about Florida is they seem to be getting off to slow starts this season and I will agree that a slow against LSU could be big trouble against LSU and their defense. Gotta have a running game to get the job done on the road and LSU does not have a running game. Don’t confuse me as a Gator Fan, I am not.
    Last edited by mark09; 10-03-06 at 03:41 PM.

pags11

nice card so far imgv...

imgv94

Thanks mark and pags

ADDING:

1* ML PARLAY +115
    Kent St
    Auburn
    Alabama
    West Virginia
    UCLA
    USC
    Michigan
    Fresno State
    Hawaii

imgv94

ADDING:

1* Tennessee -2 -105
    Seems like the popular opinion is that the Bulldogs are undeserving of their high #10 ranking, I agree!!! Georgia scored 0 points in the first half vs garbage Ole Miss and barely beat them as well.. The Bulldogs haven't played a good team all season and won their last 2 games by a combined 5 points. This looks too easy though, and that is why I am only wagering one unit. I don't see anything that merits a Georgia vctory. Tenn should just outclass em and win this game. This does have the look of a trap, if there was no such thing as a trap I would have 8 units on TENN..

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Georgia was not impressive at all last week.
    I'll just say they did NOTHING and escaped with a win @ Miss.
    Miss had the ball on the 50 with a minute to go... Take away the unbelievably bad judgement of Miss' QB throwing into quadrouple coverage on the final play and Georgia mighta lost. They got some calls, too.

Like the Tenn pick. I know Memphis ain't exactly a powerhouse, but they did everything very well and took care of business on the road.

imgv94

ADDING:

1.5* 4 Team 13pt Teaser -120
    Georgia Tech -1
    Auburn -2.5
    Okla St +10.5
    Cal +8.5

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

The chink in the Gators is the starting corners. A team that can throw the ball well is going to give them trouble here. Definitely playing LSU if I play this game at all.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Guys anyone have an opinion on why the line went from LSU -2.5 to FLA -2 during the week. If LSU is suppose to win this game then why a line difference of 4.5.

Just wondering what the opinions were....

imgv94

ADDING:

1* Indiana +9 -113
    Overreaction to last weeks games has led to this spread being as high as it is. Illinois goes from being a 26pt dog one week to a 9pt favorite the next. I understand that Illini is improved but Indiana has potential they defeated WMich by 19pts earlier in the year.. I think we win this one..

Don't you love it when you wait for a better line and you get it...

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by dave11486
    Guys anyone have an opinion on why the line went from LSU -2.5 to FLA -2 during the week. If LSU is suppose to win this game then why a line difference of 4.5.

Just wondering what the opinions were....
    I don't like where the line has gone.. I am not happy with the line movement in this game at all..

imgv94

ADDING:

0.5* ML PARLAY +225
    ALABAMA
    BYU
    NOTRE DAME
    W.VIRGINIA
    USC
    BOISE ST
    and
    KENTUCKY +190

Why except +190 when I can get +225... Value here.. All the teams other than Kentucky are 19+pt favs..

imgv94

ADDING:

1*Kansas ML +113
    Kansas, two unlucky plays away from being 5-1 right now. I am not completely sold on Texas A&M being the better team here combine that with getting +113 and Home Field advantage and we have a play here..

pags11

atta kid imgv...I'm liking that we're together on the Kansas play...

imgv94

I have Kentucky as well, got them on the ML.. I always like it more when we are on the same play..

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

took LSU -1 yeah it's in the swamp but LSU has an imposing defense and this is not Spurrier coaching the Gators. I think LSU will force Leak to make mistakes and the game will come down to turnovers. LSU 24 Gators 20 Usually when me and you IMGV are seeing eye to eye we win. GL

By the way I'mi in Philly today, gonna be in Atlantic City later today to play a little Black Jack the weather is miserable 60 and rainy. The price I had to pay to go to AC, an ELton John concert for the MRS. Oh well hope he plays some of his older stuff I.E. Saturday night, Benny and the jets and less of that sappy Diane tribute shit.
    Last edited by HAPPY BOY; 10-06-06 at 07:16 AM.

imgv94

Have fun on you're vacation bud. Thanks for taking time to tell us who you like.. Good luck buddy....

imgv94

ADDING:

1*ML PARLAY +105

Kent
    Alabama
    Notre Dame
    W.Virginia
    USC
    and
    Oklahoma St -135

imgv94

ALL PLAYS:

Sides/Totals

3* LSU -1.5

1* LSU ML +133

2* UNDER 46 Okla St/Kansas St

1.5* Colorado -4 -105

1*Kent State -23.5 -105

1* Tennessee -2 -105

1*Kansas ML +113

1* Indiana +9 -113

Parlays/Teasers

2* Teaser
    Okla +11.5
    Hawaii -1.5

1.5* 4 Team 13pt Teaser -120
    Georgia Tech -1
    Auburn -2.5
    Okla St +10.5
    Cal +8.5

1*ML PARLAY +105
    Kent
    Alabama
    Notre Dame
    W.Virginia
    USC
    and
    Oklahoma St -135

1* ML PARLAY +115
    Kent St
    Auburn
    Alabama
    West Virginia
    UCLA
    USC
    Michigan
    Fresno State
    Hawaii

0.5* ML PARLAY +225

ALABAMA
    BYU
    NOTRE DAME
    W.VIRGINIA
    USC
    BOISE ST
    and
    KENTUCKY +190

r2d2
    r2d2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

the line move is because dr bob has this as a 2 star bet with florida. i personally think lsu is the play here.

QUOTE=dave11486]Guys anyone have an opinion on why the line went from LSU -2.5 to FLA -2 during the week. If LSU is suppose to win this game then why a line difference of 4.5.

Just wondering what the opinions were....[/QUOTE]

12 Last