paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Good. Now they should gather Alot of dog and cowshit and dump it on Paternos grave!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Br0nxer, and Kindred

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who knows what happened

Statue had to come down

I would be embarrassed if I went to Penn St or was a Grad from there, I would never tell anyone

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    It's been repeated several times that joe knew about this guy. There was an investigation and it found that joe and everyone in the front office knew and covered it up. You would not be standing by joes side if that was you're son so stfu.
    Sigh. Try actually reading the report for yourself. The report specifically says that they don't know what was communicated to Paterno. They ASSUME he knew a lot (strictly because of his position as head coach), which may or may not be accurate.

Seriously, read the report. Specifically the stuff relating to the 1998 investigation.

I don't know what I would be feeling if that was my son. I certainly would be more concerned with the person who actually hurt him though, than someone who may or may not have known that something happened.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    Sigh. Try actually reading the report for yourself. The report specifically says that they don't know what was communicated to Paterno. They ASSUME he knew a lot, which may or may not be accurate.

Seriously, read the report. Specifically the stuff relating to the 1998 investigation.

I don't know what I would be feeling if that was my son. I certainly would be more concerned with the person who actually hurt him though, than someone who may or may not have known that something happened.

You're an idiot and a piece of shit..email from president to the athletic director specifically says "after talking to JOE changed my mind about going to the police"
    Paterno put his ego ahead of locking up a child rapist..but hey I guess nobody's perfect

sigh..what a faggy thing to do when starting a post or in a conversation..sigh... I guess ur just a rooster gobbler that wishes sandusky was your daddy
    Last edited by Kindred; 07-22-12 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Guys that Sigh are GAY

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Who knows what happened

Statue had to come down

I would be embarrassed if I went to Penn St or was a Grad from there, I would never tell anyone
    go fukk yourself--I graduated from PSU and it's a great college. obviously the sick actions of some deranged molester do not represent PSU grads or current students. did you even attend college? once again the bullet point of this presentation : GO FUKK YOURSELF

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    You're an idiot and a piece of shit..email from president to the athletic director specifically says "after talking to JOE changed my mind about going to the police"
    Paterno put his ego ahead of locking up a child rapist..but hey I guess nobody's perfect

sigh..what a faggy thing to do when starting a post or in a conversation..sigh... I guess ur just a rooster gobbler that wishes sandusky was your daddy
    You're hilarious dude! Oh damn, too funny. Really, really creative. Phaggot.

What are your thoughts on the report saying they don't have any evidence of what was said to Paterno regarding the 1998 investigation?

I've said this from the beginning... if they actually have evidence of Paterno covering stuff up or that he knew specifics of what happened, he deserves a worse punishment than he got of seeing his legacy fall and dying in shame and regret. But not doing enough to stop it =/=intentionally covering it up.

By the way- 'ur'? What are you, a 13 year old girl?

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Glad to see it removed, now talks of the Big Ten removing them from the conference came up today

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

When is Dottie Sandusky going to be charged for her role in all of this? How about McQueery?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    Glad to see it removed, now talks of the Big Ten removing them from the conference came up today

Good. Hollow like the lives of the children Sandusky molested. Should bury Sandusky in that spot.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

This entire ordeal will be a black cloud over Penn St for many, many years. Their beloved "program" will now only be famous as the punch line to distasteful jokes.

Well deserved. Hope they all burn in hell.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

is it me or is the whole thing still completely fukkin surreal and inconceivable?

football is the sport for men among men and here this fukkin iconic program is buried because of this fukkin twink sandusky and his merry band of scumbags

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    is it me or is the whole thing still completely fukkin surreal and inconceivable?

football is the sport for men among men and here this fukkin iconic program is buried because of this fukkin twink sandusky and his merry band of scumbags
    I was saying this exact thing to my wife earlier.

I grew up in Texas. About as far as you can get from PSU. And I still always said that if I had ever been offered a chance to play there, I would've jumped at it. It just held that kind of mystique.

Of all the bigtime programs in college football, Penn St would probably be the last place I could've ever imagined this scandal taking place.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're a moron a report paid for by penn st. GTFO

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

He did go to the police... Gary Schultz was the head of the police department. It was on McQueary to go to the police as a witness, because he was the one who actually saw what happened. He didn't.

It amazes me how many people put all the blame on Paterno, strictly because he's the biggest name in this. People need to actually read the Freeh report, because all it is is a bunch of assumptions and guesses by the Freeh team. They acknowledge in the report that they have no idea if Paterno was even updated properly on the 1998 investigation, or what he was told.

Maybe Paterno knew everything, maybe he knew nothing. There hasn't been any evidence shown to confirm either side. Hopefully the truth comes out during the trials. Some type of real evidence pointing either way.

I don't care if he covered up or not, but I do care about his reputation and name being destroyed on some guys assumptions over a decade afterwards with no evidence backing it.

Oh hey there internet tough guy.

I meant on a personal level. It doesn't affect me either way is what I meant. Obviously if he helped cover it up, he was a shitty human being and deserves to rot in hell. It doesn't change my life tho (where the "i don't care either way" comes in) as I have no allegiance to PSU or Paterno. I should've worded it better, thats my fault.

People need to actually look at what has presented so far and make a decision for themselves. Without truthful testimony from the 3 main guys involved who are still alive, we will never really know who knew what. Will that ever happen? Who knows. If Joe did in fact help cover it up, his legacy deserves every bit of what people are saying about it now and he deserves every bit of pain that he helped cover up. Bottom line is, though, that we don't know what he did yet

Fire someone for being found not guilty of any wrongdoing? Because thats what happened when Sandusky was investigated in 1998. The cops found no evidence of wrongdoing. So you're saying Paterno should've fired him for that, when according to the Freeh report, they don't even know what info Paterno had on the investigation? Sounds like you're the idiot.

I hope the victims get all the help they need, both psychologically and financially. I'm sure they'll get it. Try thinking logically and with the facts, rather than just on emotion.

Sigh. Try actually reading the report for yourself. The report specifically says that they don't know what was communicated to Paterno. They ASSUME he knew a lot (strictly because of his position as head coach), which may or may not be accurate.

You're hilarious dude! Oh damn, too funny. Really, really creative. Phaggot.

What are your thoughts on the report saying they don't have any evidence of what was said to Paterno regarding the 1998 investigation?

I've said this from the beginning... if they actually have evidence of Paterno covering stuff up or that he knew specifics of what happened, he deserves a worse punishment than he got of seeing his legacy fall and dying in shame and regret. But not doing enough to stop it =/=intentionally covering it up.

By the way- 'ur'? What are you, a 13 year old girl?
    You sound exactly like exactly like his POS son Jay, you wouldn't happen to be that POS would you?

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    go fukk yourself--I graduated from PSU and it's a great college. obviously the sick actions of some deranged molester do not represent PSU grads or current students. did you even attend college? once again the bullet point of this presentation : GO FUKK YOURSELF
    yes it's a great college but "obviously" the sick actions DO represent grads and current students in everyone's mind.
    if you say you went to columbine high school what do people think of? not sure why you have to be so hostile about it, i would also be embarassed to be a grad of penn st after this scandal.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    yes it's a great college but "obviously" the sick actions DO represent grads and current students in everyone's mind.
    if you say you went to columbine high school what do people think of? not sure why you have to be so hostile about it, i would also be embarassed to be a grad of penn st after this scandal.
    I would rather lie and say i went to community college.. Place a fukin joke.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    You sound exactly like exactly like his POS son Jay, you wouldn't happen to be that POS would you?
    What a surprise, you can't address ANY of the points I brought up.

I have said this from the start... if Paterno was really involved in a cover-up, he deserves worse punishment than he got. Curley, Schultz, and Spanier, who were clearly involved in the cover-up, deserve serious jail time and really deserve a lot worse than that. The difference is that all of the evidence needed to show how involved those 3 were is shown in their own emails, from their "mouths". Paterno didn't use email, so the evidence against him is other guys asking for updates on his behalf. Until those guys are interviewed about what they told Paterno regarding the investigations, we won't really know what he knew.

Its entirely likely that he knew everything and covered it up. Its also possible that he didn't know what the allegations in 1998 were about, or that 1 of the other 3 leaders hid information from him. Again, I'm not saying Paterno was innocent. I'm just saying that as of now, he is the least to blame for the cover-up, yet receives the most hate.

Good job by the NCAA though... hopefully the punishment prevents other schools from allowing shit like this to happen. Its inexcusable that PSU tried to sweep it under the rug.

opie1988

The only thing truly unknown about Joe Pa was that if all the supposed "good" that he did was simply an attempt to paint himself in a positive light. How "good" can someone really be when they knowingly allow and enable a pedophile and child rapist to continue their behavior? For that matter, how good can someone be to even associate themselves with someone like Sandusky?

If my oldest, dearest friend was ever to do something like this that even caused me to have real doubts about their innocence, I can guarantee, at the very least, that would be the end of our friendship.

Fukk Joe Pa. Only thing we'll ever truly know about him now is that he was a world-class piece of sh*t.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

You'd think they were taking a statue of Osama Bin Laden away. Covering his head

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You fukkin scumbag Paterno

Penn St sucks

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Paterno was a great man. But college sports are gay anyway. I say they just shut down the whole university of penn state.

Trident
    Update your status

What a surprise, you can't address ANY of the points I brought up.

I have said this from the start... if Paterno was really involved in a cover-up, he deserves worse punishment than he got. Curley, Schultz, and Spanier, who were clearly involved in the cover-up, deserve serious jail time and really deserve a lot worse than that. The difference is that all of the evidence needed to show how involved those 3 were is shown in their own emails, from their "mouths". Paterno didn't use email, so the evidence against him is other guys asking for updates on his behalf. Until those guys are interviewed about what they told Paterno regarding the investigations, we won't really know what he knew.

Its entirely likely that he knew everything and covered it up. Its also possible that he didn't know what the allegations in 1998 were about, or that 1 of the other 3 leaders hid information from him. Again, I'm not saying Paterno was innocent. I'm just saying that as of now, he is the least to blame for the cover-up, yet receives the most hate.

Good job by the NCAA though... hopefully the punishment prevents other schools from allowing shit like this to happen. Its inexcusable that PSU tried to sweep it under the rug.
    Thanks for the scripted response Jay.

rsnnh12

Thanks for the scripted response Jay.
    Thanks for the incredibly intelligent rebuttal, tool.

Trident
    Update your status

Thanks for the incredibly intelligent rebuttal, tool.
    Here is the most intelligent rebuttal that I can muster for your defense of this POS, you are a clown.

You are the only turd here defending this POS, he enabled a pedophile because he was afraid what would happen if it came out he had a pedophile on his staff, funny thing is that he would he probably be a hero if he had done the right thing and outed him but now he is just as hated as Sandusky.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here is the most intelligent rebuttal that I can muster for your defense of this POS, you are a clown.

You are the only turd here defending this POS, he enabled a pedophile because he was afraid what would happen if it came out he had a pedophile on his staff, funny thing is that he would he probably be a hero if he had done the right thing and outed him but now he is just as hated as Sandusky.
    Strong words. Former FBI director Freeh certainly has a great deal of credibility, then again so did JoePa (prior to the allegations). The angle that the younger Paterno attacks from is a good one. The Freeh report would probably be challenged in a court of law: was it conclusive enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Paterno knew? Would the evidence cited and picture painted be considered relatively circumstantial, or not?

FWIW, I agree Joe turned his back on the kids for the "good" of his beloved football program's image, but let's not act like that report by itself was some indisputable smoking gun.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

what a disgrace the whole family is along with the entire school
    Last edited by 5mike5; 07-23-12 at 03:13 PM.

rsnnh12

Where is your proof? Thats all I've asked for this entire time. You claim he hid info to protect the team and his legacy, and yet even the Freeh report found no evidence of that. I'm not defending what Paterno did, I think he definitely should have done more, even if he didn't know everything that was going on. That doesn't mean that he's as scummy as Sandusky, as many are claiming. All I've wanted was some truth, not assumptions, which is all that has been provided so far. Serious question- have you read the report? If Spanier, Schultz, or Curley come out and say that Paterno knew everything, than by all means go after him for being a piece of shit, because he would be. The evidence shown so far is a joke, and I happen to believe people are innocent until proven guilty.

What comes out at the trials should be very interesting, to say the least. What most people think will be proven right, or it will be found that they kept info from him. I wouldn't be surprised either way at this point.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29054

he was a coward who cared more about football than 6 year olds getting raped for 30 years while he stood by and let it happen

he got off easy by being 6 ft under

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Strong words. Former FBI director Freeh certainly has a great deal of credibility, then again so did JoePa (prior to the allegations). The angle that the younger Paterno attacks from is a good one. The Freeh report would probably be challenged in a court of law: was it conclusive enough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Paterno knew? Would the evidence cited and picture painted be considered relatively circumstantial, or not?

FWIW, I agree Joe turned his back on the kids for the "good" of his beloved football program's image, but let's not act like that report by itself was some indisputable smoking gun.
    This X1000

Thank you. That's the point I was getting at. I wouldn't be at all shocked if Joe knew, like I've said before. I just want to see some legitimate proof, an email, voicemail, letter, corroborating stories from officials, anything.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Paterno was a great man. But college sports are gay anyway. I say they just shut down the whole university of penn state.
    we must have completely different definitions of a "great man"...Paterno was a scumbag...

Trident
    Update your status

Where is your proof?
    If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck, it must be a duck.

Keep up the good fight Jay.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

I bet someone here at sbr been molested as a kid

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    I bet someone here at sbr been molested as a kid
    does someone want to talk about it tony?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

^
    manny ima a better person today

call me manny

First 12