SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tony George: Huskers -22½ vs. Kansas

Huskers -22½ vs. Kansas

Game Time: 9/30/2006 7:00:00 PM
    By: Tony George
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

Nebraska hosts Kansas Saturday night in Lincoln, and the Huskers should cover the big spread at home.
    My hometown Huskers open Big 12 play with some serious revenge in mind after taking a beating last year in Lawrence to the Jayhawks, 40-15.

Since that game Nebraska has gone 6-1, losing only to USC this season, and that game was a wake-up call for NU. Kansas just barely beat an average South Florida team at home, and has not named a starting QB for this game as they are unsettled at the position though Adam Barmann is the likely pick.

The key to stopping Kansas is stuffing RB Cornish, which Nebraska will do because they can stack the line and play man coverage since KU's receivers are not all that good. Husker QB Zac Taylor is a top 10 QB in the country with a 70% completion rate and eight TD passes. NU scores 42 ppg and allows 11 ppg on defense, which is bad news for the sputtering Jayhawk offense.

And revenge is a huge factor for the Huskers who were embarrassed last year and have not forgotten it. With Iowa State on deck, NU will drop the hammer in a rare night game in Lincoln this Saturday and send a message to the Big 12 North contenders that thery are the team to beat this season, Husker Nation is back.

Play: Nebraska -22½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do like Kansas in this game myself.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Once again, having been at every one of KU's games this year, I do not look for them to ever be in this game at all. If Barmann does start, it will even be worse for the jayhawks. i look for a 52 to 13 game. Sorry Dan, but I don't think the jayhawks will get it done tomorrow.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

no way I'd bet against Nebraska here, but damn this is a lot of points...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just went you think Nebraska was gonna blowout the Jayhawks, the huskers blew two 17 point leads in this game.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

I was wondering what tout played the game and jinxed me. Had Nebraska -21 and felt good 5 minutes into the game as it was already 14-0. Unfortunately it ended badly for us.

Nice call on the game Dan.