SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacific Star: Tigers to Rout Bulldogs

Tigers to Rout Bulldogs

Game Time: 9/30/2006 12:30:00 PM
    By: Pacific Star
    http://www.who2beton.com

Baton Rouge is the site Saturday, and LSU is the team as the Tigers are hungry to continue their trend of beating up on the Mississippi State Bulldogs.

Prior to last week, many folks talked about LSU going easy on Tulane in respect for Hurricane Katrina. But the Tigers blew them out by 42 points and I don't know how Mississippi State is going to avoid having the exact same thing happen to them this Saturday.

The Bulldogs are playing their second straight road game and they are coming off a very nice 16-10 win over UAB. But let's not forget what happened in the first three weeks of the season when they failed to score a single point against South Carolina's defense and failed to score a single point against Auburn's defense.

LSU's defense is just as solid as Auburn's, if not better, and there is no chance in hell that Mississippi State will have any luck moving the ball in this game.

Mississippi State is 1-13 ATS in their last 14 games against LSU, and the Bulldogs have lost the last five games against them by an average of 35 points. For some reason. LSU has always taken pleasure in knocking the teeth right out of Mississippi St. On the ground, Mississippi St averages 114.3 rushing yards per game, but they run too much. LSU allows only 73.0 rushing yards per game over their last three on 2.3 yards per carry.

Expect Bulldog freshman QB Tray Rutland to have a rough time in this one. He is completing only 43.5% of his passes and has thrown three interceptions and no touchdowns. Can you imagine what will be going through Rutland's mind when the LSU defense comes at him? The Tigers are allowing opposing QB's to complete only 44.3% of their passes this season for only 3.9 yards per pass attempt. They bring a very heavy pass rush and have six interceptions in the last three games.

LSU is averaging 32.3 points per game this season and they have done it on 381.7 total yards of offense per game and 6.3 yards per play, while Mississippi St's defense is allowing 25.5 points and 341.5 total yards per game over their last three games. On the ground, RB Charles Scott has been outstanding this season and the Tigers are averaging 148.3 rushing yards per game this season on 4.8 yards per carry. Granted, Mississippi State has done a pretty decent job stopping the run allowing only 111.3 rushing yards per game but today their luck runs out. Charles can have a mediocre game and things will still be open for QB JeMarcus Russell to make big plays.

The Tigers are completing 61.4% of their passes over the last three games for 8.0 yards per pass attempt. The offensive line has allowed only two sacks over that same period of time. Mississippi State's defense is allowing their last three opposing QB's to complete 61.0% of their passes for an incredible 8.4 yards per pass attempt.

We expect this contest to get ugly real fast, especially when Rutland is forced to throw. LSU wins this by 45 points plus.

Play: LSU -33

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU has traditionally owned MSU, and I think that they are a hungry team...only thing holding me back at this point is that MSU has some D, not much, but enough to hold LSU on a couple of drives...that and them moving Connner sp? back to QB...also, LSU has a tough game next week...LSU would be the only side I'd consider, but I won't be playing them here...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd take my chances with Miss St. plus the points in this game myself.