Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

NCAAF Playoff Selection Committee

That's an eye opener when you first hear about the committee, all kinds of controversy ahead. What is the criteria? Surely conference champion will hold a lot of weight to get selected, maybe even required. If this is the case, then Bama may have not gotten in last year. If it isn't, then a #2 SEC team like Bama would get in every year, or Texas 2008 would. Champions from ACC/BE or a down B10/B12/P12 may never have a prayer to get in then

Somehow I thought they would have just kept a BCS type poll with computers and just take the top 4 teams at the end of the season. The importance of the regular season is intact and each teams know where they need to be to make it. Rankings are essential to NCAAF, but that's in question now with the committee. They could become useless like NCAAB.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

It sucks

It will be biased towards bigger schools with bigger TV draws and fanbases

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14852

All I know is this guy will be all over hosting his share of championship games at the Jerry Dome. Will be a $300 charge just to stand outside the stadium during the game.

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

I heard the committee will be the 3 stooges +Joe
    you guys remember
    2007- undefeated champion new england patriots
    2010-12-4 champs patriots
    2011-15-1 champion packers
    or the 2001-111-45 champion seattle mariners
    2011-champs the 102-60 philadelphia phillies
    2012-champion Vancouver Canucks*
    oh wait none of these teams won becuase there were playoffs and it was decided on the field any one of these teams could have been declared champions in division 1 college football.and now they go to the
    bogus-4

the world will end before these goons ever get a viable system the only sport thats never had a true champion.