SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Rose: West Va. E.Carolina - Over 54

West Va, E.Carolina - Over 54

Game Time: 9/23/2006 4:30:00 PM
    By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

There should be plenty of offense this Saturday in Greenville, NC, when West Virginia and East Carolina meet.

The 4th-ranked Mountaineers stroll into Greenville off their big prime time win over the Terrapins looking to pick up their fourth win of the season.

They bolted out to a 28-0 lead in the first quarter against Maryland before you could finish your second beer, and never looked back as they cruised to the 45-24 victory. ECU pulled off a miraculous comeback at home last week vs. Memphis to pick up their first win of the season. They came close in their two previous games, but just fell short.

That being said, the Mountaineers have been tabbed large road chalk in this contest, and it looks to be a bit too rich for my blood. Instead, I’m going to look at the total instead as this has the makings of a very high scoring game.

West Virginia hasn’t shown an ability to put pressure on opposing QBs this year evidenced by the doughnut they own in the sack department. And East Carolina couldn’t stop me if I was in the backfield running the ball. These two factors simply dictate that both offenses should be able to achieve enormous success in doing what they love to do.

WV’s combo of QB White and RB Slaton should be able to run at will, and ECU’s QB Pinckney and WR Allison should combine for another huge day. All in all, this game will take forever to play with the amount of first downs, incomplete passes, and TDs that will be scored. With both squads heading into the bye next week, look for both squads to put forth maximum efforts and for the combined total to soar over this cheapish number.

Play: West Va-E.Carolina Over 54

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

not sure on this one...ECU doesn't have much D...just a matter of how many they'll get against WVU...