Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Lucky win on Tennessee

Did anyone else think Fulmer should have punted on 4th and 16 with 2:40 left from midfield down 21-20?

He wasted a timeout on the play before but still had one left. Even with the clock running before the first Florida snap, if they punted them inside the 10 (possible) and held, they would have gotten the ball back in great field position with about 40 seconds left only needing a FG. Plus the Florida punter shanked a couple of kicks earlier.

Tennessee caught a break when Florida lost 25 yards of field position when the safety picked off the 4th down pass instead of knocking it down. Turned out not to be a factor since they got the first down.

Florida could have scored 30-plus in this game. Lucky win on the Vols plus the points. Evens out last week, since I still don't know how Clemson lost to BC.
    Last edited by Seattle Slew; 09-17-06 at 11:03 AM.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

watching that game on Tivo right now...will have to check out the ending here soon...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Well I had Tenn but didn't get to see the game. Did Florida dominate and just miss scoring opportunities. I will consider myself lucky...I got lucky all weekend long, starting with Toledo on Fri night. I may take a break from betting this weekend as I know about reversal of fortunes, etc.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

thought Tennessee fought pretty hard in this one, but ultimately the more talented team won out...