SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ross Benjamin: Wyoming +7

Ross Benjamin: Wyoming +7

Game Time: 9/16/2006 3:30:00 PM (EST)
    By: Ross Benjamin
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

Wyoming hosts Boise State in a Mountain West vs. WAC matchup, and the home Cowboys are the play.

History has shown this always seems to be the spot where Boise St. lets their guard down. Going on the road versus an opponent they should handle with relative ease and coming off a big non-conference win has not always equated to the Broncos best performances.

Boise is 2-9 ATS in their last 11 off a non-conference SU win. Boise St. spotted Pac-10 conference team Oregon St. a 14-0 lead last week before roaring back with 45 unanswered points in a truly impressive performance.

Wyoming comes off a tough overtime loss at Virginia 13-12 where they fell victim to a missed extra point in overtime. As disheartening as that loss may have been, it was still a confidence builder for a program that has been teetering on the edge of turning the corner over the last couple of seasons. Under head coach Joe Glenn, the Cowboys are 5-2 ATS as a home underdog over the last three seasons and are 8-3 ATS in that same role over the last four years.

Wyoming will be much tougher versus the run than Boise St. experienced versus Oregon St. last week. Boise St. still possesses a potent passing game but quarterback Jared Zabransky is prone to mistakes when the Broncos become one dimensional.

Play: Wyoming +7

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is not a game of preference here, but I personally have a small lean towards Boise St. in this game myself.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wyoming's tough at home, but I couldn't go against Boise here...no play for me...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Ross hasn't gotten off to a good start but I like Wyoming as well in this one. I think they are a sleeper in the MWC. But as pags said, it's tough to bet against a high scoring Boise State team.

pags11

damn, this one landed right on the number...excellent effort by Wyoming to hold Boise to no points in the second half, but Boise St.'s D stepped it up too...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I actually grabbed Wyoming when the line moved in their favor to +7.5. Got pretty lucky, I think. Of course, I got lucky ALL weekend long. Including a win on Nebraska +19 that should never have cashed. And a win on BC -6.5 that should never have cashed.

pags11

you'll take them though crackerjack...nice job...