SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bryan Leonard: BYU +7

Bryan Leonard: BYU +7

Game Time: 9/16/2006 12:00:00 PM (EST)
    By: Bryan Leonard
    http://www.phoenixsports.com

BYU takes their offense to Boston College this Saturday, and the Cougars should have enough to make the extra TD they're getting the right play against the Eagles.

The visiting Cougars a solid 13-8 ATS as an underdog and 11-6 ATS on the road. BYU is looking to avenge an early season 20-3 home loss last year.

They kept to the air last year passing for 330 yards, but we are sure to see a more balanced offense this time around. BYU ran for over 200 yards last week against Tulsa. They will need to vary the offensive calls to keep the Eagles off balance.

The host Eagles are allowing 293 passing yards per game, not a good sign when taking on the aerial attack of the Cougars. Boston College is just 8-15 ATS as home favorites vs non-conference opposition. Coming off a double overtime win over Clemson, the Eagles could be in a flat spot here with NC State on deck.

BYU looks to be an improved team over last year's 6-5 squad. They won three of five road games last year in straight-up fashion. Now, with eight returning starters to an offense that lit up the scoreboard a year ago for 33 points a game, this is a dangerous team that's always open for the back door cover.

Play: BYU +7

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boy, This is one of those games that could go either way. This game could very well be a classic let down type game for BC. It's a game I'd personally avoid myself, but if I were play it I'd take BYU.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree here dan...BC's D hasn't been what it used to but this is a tough trip for BYU here...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Just too close to call. I've seen nearly every BYU game for the past 10 years and i have no handle on this game. BC could let down after a huge 2OT win last week. BYU notched 49 points against Tulsa. Like dan said, it could go either way...

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I had a good size play on BYU+7, ........ and BC -6 and -6.5.

Whoohooooo!!!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

darkhorse,

nice middle there...

it was quite an interesting game, thought the teams matched up pretty well, but ultimately the time change may have worn BYU down, not to mention the home field helping for B.C...