SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indiana at Ball St - Sep 9th

Ball St has Indiana's number

By: John Ryan

AiS shows a 77% probability that Ball State, the underdog, will beat Indiana outright this Saturday in a intrastate rivalry.

Defense will be the big factor and reason that Ball State wins this game. Ball State is a perfect 12-0 ATS 15-21 points (inclusive) in a game since 1992.

AiS shows an 88% probability that Indiana will score within this projected range. Supporting this graded play is a system that has produced a record of 55-21 ATS since 1996. Play against road favorites of 3.5 to 10 points off a home win, in the first month of the season.

This system went 13-4 ATS over the past three seasons as well. Ball State returns 10 starters including the 5th-year Senior QB Lynch to this year's edition. Lynch started all 11 games in 2005 and passed for a school record 18 touchdowns.

Although Indiana returns nine offensive starters and their QB, I give a solid edge to Ball State's offense. They essentially have two solid QB with true freshman Nate Davis seeing significant action in the season opener vs. Eastern Michigan. He completed 7-of-8 passes for 108 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions.

Play: Ball State
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-13-15 at 03:34 PM. Reason: link does not work

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

should be a pretty good game as both teams are improved...

twotall
    twotall's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe Indiana will cover in this game. Their defense looks much better this year and they have a better offense. Indiana has also dominated the MAC, winning the last 16 games against teams from the Mid-American Conf.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

All I know is, Ball State covered on my first bet of this year's football season.

MPMEYER1982
    MPMEYER1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by SBRforum Staff
    Ball St has Indiana's number

By: John Ryan

AiS shows a 77% probability that Ball State, the underdog, will beat Indiana outright this Saturday in a intrastate rivalry.

Defense will be the big factor and reason that Ball State wins this game. Ball State is a perfect 12-0 ATS 15-21 points (inclusive) in a game since 1992.

AiS shows an 88% probability that Indiana will score within this projected range. Supporting this graded play is a system that has produced a record of 55-21 ATS since 1996. Play against road favorites of 3.5 to 10 points off a home win, in the first month of the season.

This system went 13-4 ATS over the past three seasons as well. Ball State returns 10 starters including the 5th-year Senior QB Lynch to this year's edition. Lynch started all 11 games in 2005 and passed for a school record 18 touchdowns.

Although Indiana returns nine offensive starters and their QB, I give a solid edge to Ball State's offense. They essentially have two solid QB with true freshman Nate Davis seeing significant action in the season opener vs. Eastern Michigan. He completed 7-of-8 passes for 108 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions.

Play: Ball State
    LOL this is some funny shiit. Where do I start? Oh yeah, "Defense will be the big factor and reason that Ball State wins this game." This is the SAME Ball St defense that let Eastern Michigan outgain them 435-389 too include 226 yards rushing. Tell me how a D that let EASTERN MICHIGAN gain over 225 rushing yards on THEIR homefield be the reason they will beat a MUCH better team than E Michigan was??????? Oh yeah, how bout this quote " I give a solid edge to Ball State's offense." Solid????? Both teams have good QB's, decent RB's but IU's WR's are FAR better than Ball St's. Ball St's Defense is weaker than IU's (E Michigan 435 yards, W Michigan 289 yards). Oh yeah, W Michigan is by far a better team than E Michigan this year. While this should be a good game, I can see both sides winning though I'd be a lot less suprised if IU won. To me this is a no bet game but best of luck to to whomever you decide to bet with.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 05-13-15 at 03:35 PM. Reason: link does not work

pags11

as far as the line goes...seems about right to me...toss-up IMO...

sportsfreek2184
    sportsfreek2184's Avatar Become A Pro!

stay away

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Im all over IU than.

pags11

agree with sportsfreek here...

SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ball State +3.5

By: Ross Benjamin
    http://www.phoenixsports.com
    Ball State hosts in-state rivals Indiana Saturday, and the points being given the host Cardinals can't be passed up.

Ball St. has not had much success on the field over the last couple of seasons as far as their SU record goes. However, they have been a terrific value as a home underdog.

Over the last two seasons the Cardinals are 5-1 ATS in that role. They are also coming off a confidence building 38-20 win over Eastern Michigan in their home opener last week. With a Big 10 team coming into Muncie the Cardinals are sure to be, as Gretchen Wilson would say, "All jacked up."

Indiana was a 39-20 winner over Western Michigan in their opener. They were not as dominant in the game as the final score indicated, as they were a beneficiary of both a punt return and interception return for touchdowns. The home underdog is live in this one.

Play: Ball St. +3½

hova24e
    hova24e's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow

Listen everyone in this forum. I am from Indiana and I'm telling you guys this. There is no way Indiana loses this game! IU will beat Ball St. by at least 10 points. I believe IU has never been beaten by Ball St. (though they have only met 3 or 4 times)

Look for James Hardy (6'7 WR to have a monster game)

Everyone Please Pick (free money) - Indiana

pags11

hova, I agree the Indiana team is much improved, but so is Ball St...seriously wish this one was on TV 'cause I'd like to watch it...

hova24e

IU - No Blake Powers (Starting QB)..........WOW

hova24e

Kellen Lewis Baby!!

IU's Frosh QB Kellen Lewis is stepping up as we speak

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i didn't really have anything on this except my beat the prick and a small parlay but i lost cause i had IU -3

if they lost this game it is gonna be a bad season again

IU has to win all nonconference games cause they are gonna take another beating in the big ten

sampson better have that damn basketball team improving!!!!

pags11

IU and ball st. appear to be pretty legit...