CHAMPBASI
    CHAMPBASI's Avatar Become A Pro!

College football prop question

My book is offering the prop of whether there will be a score in final 2 minutes of half. Unlike the NFL which often has the YES favoured at -180 or even higher, the college games have every YES as the underdog getting as high as +150.

For example, GT/ND, the Yes is +145, Cal/Tenn has +150, Oregon/Stanford at +125.

I know the college kickers are not as accurate as NFL so you can't just assume an easy 3 on the board once you break the opponent's 30 yard line but the clock does stop more in the college game which gives more plays in final 2 minutes plus each team does get 3 timeouts. Why such a big difference between this prop in the NFL and college?

Can anyone find out how many college games have traditionally had a score in final 2 minutes of the half?

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

champ,

you got me on this one...I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on this...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

what book?

CHAMPBASI
    CHAMPBASI's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's at BetRoyal but the Greek also has similar lines.

rightsideup
    rightsideup's Avatar Become A Pro!

Because

1) field goal kickers are usually mediocre at best in college. 2) pro qbs thrive on a 2 minute drill..college qbs do not.....and three, usually there is one supremely overmatched team inthe game which really lessens your chances by 50% or if the 2 teams are evenly matched, its ususally due to good defenses..i think most coaches in college are a bit more conservative in the 2 minute drill anyway...