SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rutgers +5.0

Rutgers +5.0

Rutgers has a very experienced defense while North Carolina has many new faces on offense, and we feel that will be the key to a Rutgers cover and quite possible outright upset here.
    Rutgers returned to respectability last season going 7-5 SU, culminating in a narrow 45-40 bowl loss to Arizona State in which the Scarlet Knights covered the 10-point spread. The Knights return seven starters from a defense that was second in the entire nation last year with 3.83 sacks per game. The returnees include the heart and soul of the defense, tackles Ramel Meekins and Eric Foster, and they will be working against a very inexperienced North Carolina offensive line.

The Tar Heels have three new starters on the offensive line, and they have the misfortune here of trying to break them in against one of the best pass-rushing teams in the country. That is not the only problem for the Heels on offense, as they still do not know who their quarterback will be with some slim pickings to choose from, and they have just one receiver with any experience to speak of. It is quite possible that the wrong team is favored here.

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

bunting is already on the hot seat according to some reports i've read. not to mention the fact that UNC is still really undecided on there QB position.

i'd pass on this game myself, but do have a small lean towards rutgers.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

actually agree with this one...

SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Rutgers & Points

Take Rutgers & Points

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

Rutgers isn't getting enough respect this Saturday in their game at Chapel Hill versus UNC.

I’m a bit surprised to see UNC installed as the favorites in this spot to be honest. Rutgers holds the advantage on the offensive side of the ball, and boasts a special teams unit that as good as if not better than the unit UNC will trot onto the field.

Rutgers returns 14 starters from last year’s team that won three of its five road contests, while their loss at Illinois in OT has to be considered a fluke. Their offense boasts terrific skill and will be a daunting task for the Tarheels defense to contend with.

UNC will also be breaking in a new philosophy on offense after bringing in Frank Cignetti from Fresno State in the offseason. The Scarlet Knights continue to get no respect even after putting forth the best season the University has seen in decades. Last we saw of HC Schiano’s club was in the Insight.com Bowl where they covered as 9-point underdogs to cash our college bowl Game of the Year.

They head into 2006 with even bigger expectations as the groundwork has been laid for many successful years to come. The Scarlet Knights have been a good proposition on the road vs. non Big East schools going a solid 10-4-1 ATS, while the Tarheels are a poor 5-12 ATS at home vs. non-conference opponents.

UNC did play one heck of a schedule and play a number of elite squads well at home, but I don’t like their QB situation and I think Rutgers will be extra motivated to pick up a road win here with their next three games at home.

Play: Rutgers +5

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

great, two write-ups on the same game...I mean it's a good pick and all, but geez...