SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Memphis +3.0

Memphis +3.0

Yes Memphis is starting life without DeAngelo Williams here, but it is still an attractive underdog vs. an inexperienced Mississippi team.

The hype around Ole Miss is that this game marks the Rebel debuts for quarterback Brent Schaeffer, formerly of Tennessee, and running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis, an Indiana transfer. This team averaged just 13.5 points per game while going 3-8 last season, and those players certainly represent an upgrade at the respective positions. However there are still far too many holes as the Mississippi offense returns just five starters overall including just one receiver that had more than 10 catches last year. Things are even bleaker on defense where the Rebels lost six starters including the entire defensive line!

In contrast, Memphis returns four starters from an offensive line that has allowed a total of just 14 sacks over the last two years. This unit should dominate the young Mississippi defensive line, making the post-Williams transition somewhat easier. Joseph Doss takes over as the lead running back, and he looked good when given the opportunity last season rushing for 440 yards in limited duty. The Tigers also have a strong-armed new quarterback in Martin Hankins, who passed for over 4,200 yards in Division I-AA in 2004. We look for this unit to have immediate success vs. the Baby Rebels and lead the way to the mild upset.

By: L.T. Profit Sports Group
    http://www.who2beton.com

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

the dog in this series has done very well and I'm not sure they'll be too many points in this one so I can see a reason for this play (although it's a no play for me)...