GoBlue
    GoBlue's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any ideas on the spread in the USC vs. Ark. game?

USC is replacing almost all of their key skill players from last year but don't the odds makers know who their back-ups are? I am not saying they will beat them by the margin they did last year but 7.5 - come on - if you guys don't all play USC just stop betting on sports

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

this isn't a game i'd bet at all myself.

this is a major revenge factor for Arkansas in this game USC scored 70 points on them last year. the trogans did lose alot of key players from last years squad, so i can see the line being what it is.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Be careful. USC is absolutely loaded AGAIN. This line is painted USC -8. I haven't capped Ark but USC is still very dangerous.

BRUIN PRIDE
    BRUIN PRIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keep in mind Mcfadden, Arkansas leading rusher from last year, (only the 7th running back in history to rush for over 1,000 yards his freshman season)will not play in this game due to a broken toe or a sprained toe or something of that nature. That may or may not hurt Arkansas running game which was ranked 12th in the nation last year. They have another very talented running back in Felix Jones who carried some of the load last year. On the other hand they are returning 5 starting offensive linemen. I still don't think they have enough size and talent to make this game that close. They did lose 2 heisman trophy winners , but they are also starting the top ranked qb the year he came out of highschool, and some of very talented young running backs to go along with supposedly the best offensive line in the nation. Booty may have not started a game yet, but he did learn for 2 years under Norm Chow, and he's had 5 years to learn the offense...

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Strong post BP, a lot of good info.

I'm thinking one area where USC is slightly suspect could be that offensive line. But it probably wont matter. They did play lazy in a lot of games last year that they won but failed to cover. But they have new, hungry players on offense that can really play so I'd have to go with USC.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bruin Pride,

the loss of McFadden will definitely hurt Arkansas running game as he's the only one that has enough speed to breakaway from the USC defense...still think this line should be at least ten (congrats to those that got USC at -7 or -6.5, good line)...not taking USC here, but no way in heill I bet on a Houston Nutt coached Arkansas team against him...