SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

So.Miss at Florida - Sep 2nd

Gators too tough for Eagles

By: Tony George
    http://www.procappers.com

At home in The Swamp this Saturday, looks for Florida to have its way with Southern Mississippi in the 2006 opener for both schools.

A huge number, but one I have a comfort level with here as Florida and Chris Leak at QB should move the chains at will against a Southern Miss squad who has done nothing but allow points the past two seasons at better than 24 ppg on defense.

The Gators' spread attack under Urban Meyer is in its second year, and the offense should hit on all cylinders under the leadership of QB Leak who has over 8000 yards passing for Florida, and he can run it as well. Florida's defense returns almost intact and had 31 takeaways last year. And the Eagles start a new QB in this road game, and that will spell trouble. The defensive line of Florida's is a total mismatch here against the OL of Southern Miss, and that will cause some bad decisions by a young QB and no doubt turnovers.

I also look for Florida to be able to run it as well, and with great offensive balance, a great defense, and a solid QB it looks like Gator bait time in the Swamp for Southern Miss. *** Florida 38 Southern Miss 7 ***

Play: Florida -20

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually have a small lean towards Southern Miss in this game myself.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm playing So. Miss here...quite a bit of chalk for the SBR experts to swallow here in week one isn't it?...