SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Carolina vs. Mississippi

South Carolina vs. Mississippi

Sylvester Croom begins his 3rd full season as head coach in Starksville and it’s put up or shut up time.

The Bulldogs return 17 starters and will be facing a talented but not as experienced Gamecock squad. South Carolina automatically gets public money just for the fact that Steve Spurrier is at the helm. South Carolina may be caught looking ahead a bit with Georgia up next in their home opener. The Gamecocks have not been a good value as a favorite in recent years going 7-15 ATS in that role including 1-4 ATS as a road favorite over the last 4 seasons.

Game Time: Aug 31th '06 8:00 PM (ET)

Play: Mississippi St. +6.5.

By: Ross Benjamin
    http://www.PhoenixSports.com

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i too have a lean towards miss st. in this game, but it's not a game i'd play.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

If I recall correctly, Spurrier has had a tough time in Starkville. I believe this is the only place in the SEC where he doesn't have a winning record.

E

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

florida has had a tough time in starkvillie almost every year ebone. Spurrier just happen to be there during those years is all.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

actually think this may be an OK play (compared to the others I've seen from these guys) as many cappers I respect are on MSU here...I just can't bet them until they show me they aren't terrible...plus, I don't like going against the ol' ball coach...

BRUIN PRIDE
    BRUIN PRIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under in this game, how does everyone else feel about the under? mississippi returns 9 starters on the 27th ranked defense last year, while the gamecocks only return 6 starters on their defense, but mississippi was ranked an atrocious 113th in total offense last year.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

Quote Originally Posted by BRUIN PRIDE
    I like the under in this game, how does everyone else feel about the under? mississippi returns 9 starters on the 27th ranked defense last year, while the gamecocks only return 6 starters on their defense, but mississippi was ranked an atrocious 113th in total offense last year.
    I agree it should be a low scoring game and the unders are more prevalent in the beginning of the season. But I see no value @ 40.5.

rightsideup
    rightsideup's Avatar Become A Pro!

over

i posted on bruins post also... imo, humbly, i see it going well over the total....sharp money had it going from 39 to 40 three days ago...i got it at 40...plus, that 27th ranked D was actually terrible last year in the sec..gave up 34 points per game(not counting awful ky and ole miss)... murray st and. tulane will definitely help pad your stats....and, this year m.s.u. will throw a bunch more, they have a solid pure pocket passer(conner wasnt very good) and norwood is gone...plus, this is the second year in the ole ball coachs passing system, s.c. will be much more fluent on offense....i also think that being the first game of the year, there will be some over aggression on defense and probably some cheap, long TDs...