daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Auburn hires Willie Martinez

War soft zone with 15 yard cushions.

This is a pretty good day for the rest of the SEC. Auburn's opponents will now enjoy virtually unlimited passing yardage.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

What about the new DC van gorder?

He looks so much like uncle rico from napolean dynamite.

Auburn could be 3rd best football team in Lee County next year.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    What about the new DC van gorder?

He looks so much like uncle rico from napolean dynamite.

Auburn could be 3rd best football team in Lee County next year.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

this guy looks like a half breed - white trash & illegal mexican

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Points Awarded:

cant call it gave daneblazer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Ya think?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Saban is shaking in his shoes
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Prick

Semper Fidelis
    Semper Fidelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9220

I don't know guys, this kind of makes me a little nervous. We had one of the best defenses in the country the years they coached our defense (2001-2004). I'm not saying Auburn will do anything big the next few years, but I do have a strong feeling their defense will be better. We'll just have to see if they still have it in them to be great coaches, if they've adapted well to the everchanging landscape that is college football.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Georgia had a good defense those years because of David Pollock, Boss Bailey, Sean Jones, Greg Blue, and Thomas Davis. Not sure how much of it had to do with big Willie.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Here's your awesome defense in 2005-6:

Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Georgia had a good defense those years because of David Pollock, Boss Bailey, Sean Jones, Greg Blue, and Thomas Davis. Not sure how much of it had to do with big Willie.
    Lol Tis true--ahh, those were the days... *sigh* At least our defense has gotten a lot better under Grantham now, and we're returning almost everybody from last year. Now that we have another good running back, hopefully Murray will be relieved of some of the pressure that is always on him. If we actually get a decent running attack to where we don't have to rely on him as much next year I believe good things are in store for us.

What remains to be seen is how well VanGorder can adapt back to the college game, which is different from the NFL and has changed since he left.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Quote Originally Posted by Semper Fidelis View Post
    Lol Tis true--ahh, those were the days... *sigh* At least our defense has gotten a lot better under Grantham now, and we're returning almost everybody from last year. Now that we have another good running back, hopefully Murray will be relieved of some of the pressure that is always on him. If we actually get a decent running attack to where we don't have to rely on him as much next year I believe good things are in store for us.

What remains to be seen is how well VanGorder can adapt back to the college game, which is different from the NFL and has changed since he left.
    He should do fine. I always though he was pretty good.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I think WV fans are going to have the 2006 Sugar Bowl etched on their graves. Not much positive goes on up there, I guess. Hey do you have links to the LSU game this year or the 2007 back yard brawl where the #1 ranked Mountaineers choked up the National Title despite the Big East officials blatantly calling the game in their favor?

Semper Fidelis

Funny you bring up that '06 Sugar Bowl man. Everybody knows that game was a fluke for us--we were overconfident, cocky, and arrogant, pissed that we didn't make it to the National Championship despite winning the SEC, and had to settle for WVU instead of some other big name team. It still ended up being a halfway decent game--we came back from 28 down to almost make it one of the greatest combacks ever. Only ended up losing by a field goal. WVU kind of snuck up on everybody that year--that was the best team you guys have ever had, and while you still have a pretty decent team, it may be some time before you have so many good players together on the same team again. I think the year after was your year to win it all, but losing to your rival cost you big time. That's why we really need a playoff system in college football, so a single game doesn't have to cost you your entire season. Imagine how amazing college football would be if there was something akin to the basketball tournament, albeit much smaller of course. There is no telling who would have national titles had that been in place the entire time over the years.