kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

OU to get ASU QB?

Looks like the Sooners could be saved next year IF Sam Keller, who was ASU's starter last year till injury sidelined him decides to transfer to OU. He was named the starter a few days back, than Koetter changed his mind and has decided to go with Carpenter. A decision will be made by Thursday, Sam Keller's dad said. He would sit out this year and have 1 year left.

Sooner Nation keeping their eyes on this FOR SURE. Would be nice to have a QB with some experience to open up next season against the U.

gorox
    gorox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keller is currently visiting Nebraska and Callahan and seems to be close to arranging his transfer there...

kalmikrazy

Yeah his dad knows Callahan personally so I could see that as a good possibility for him.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kalmikrazy
    Yeah his dad knows Callahan personally so I could see that as a good possibility for him.
    that probly will be the deciding factor on this one. he would be a great fit in that huskers offense as well.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not that he would stay for his senior season, but could you imagine a backfield with Keller and AD? Twenty NFL teams would take that in a heartbeat.

gorox
    gorox's Avatar Become A Pro!

its just about official now, Keller to be a Cornhusker.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dirk Koetter is such a moron...I had Keller in my top 5 rated QB's in the country...

kalmikrazy

They are really doggin him in Oklahoma since he said yes to coaching OSU once and changed his mind and now the same deal with the QB. Im hoping he dont do that with his wife.

pags11

have heard he's pretty much a done deal at Nebraska...

cordyaz
    cordyaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags,

Koetter is not a moron at all. There's a reason he's leaving believe me.

kalmikrazy

I got a few friends in phx and they saying he getting ripped left and right by the media there. wasnt it something about the senior players felt the keller was not well liked and not a good leader for them. I can understand that, but its not generally a good idea to let the inmates run the asylum.

However Carpenter has proven to be a good qb so I doubt they miss Keller at all, but as a coach you gotta stand up for the choices you made (24-48 hrs ago).

pags11

cordyaz, if you're going to pull out the partying and cocaine crap you're full of it...that's the spin he's trying to put on it...Dirk Koetter has continually taken extremely talented teams and had them finish in the middle of the Pac 10 each year...