bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Adrian Peterson's Heisman chances ?

oddsmakers seem pretty high on oklahoma sooners running back adrian peterson, making him one of the early favorites to be in the running for the heisman trophy in 2006.

peterson did run for 1,104 yards on 221 carries last season (good for a 5.0 per carry clip) and 14 touchdowns. but on the other hand, he and the sooners will now be without QB rhett bomar. i can see peterson still be a legitimate threat to win the heisman this season, because he will get alot more touchs this year.

can you see peterson still be a legitimate threat to win the heisman this season?

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll be surprised if he rushes for less than 2,000 yards. He's the best player in college football by two miles. The Notre Dame hype machine is the only thing that could prevent him from winning if he stays healthy.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

He has to be the front-runner for the award. He is prototypical Heisman material and the award is pretty much his to lose. Someone else will have to put up utterly alarming numbers to beat him out, especially if they're trying to do it from a position other than RB.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

With Bomar out, he will get his fair share of carries. Agree with Razz that Quinn will get the most hype, but with so much expected of Notre Dame this year, I can't see fulfilling expectations. The Heisman is very open this year. I can put holes into every candidates hopes fairly easier than building a resume for any of them. I have to admit, I have no clue who will win the Heisman.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

also with bomar out, he'll face a lot of 8 and 9 man fronts (cause Thompson just can't throw)...he runs so damn hard that he injures himself frequently...that all being said, I still think he's in the top 3...