LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Recruit dismisses Clemson when he doesn't see a Chick-fil-A

College football recruit McKinzy dismisses Clemson when he doesn't see a Chick-fil-A

Note to college football coaches—make sure that when you’re showing a potential recruit the weight room, the academic facilities and the stadium, work in about 15 minutes to swing by the closest Chick-fil-A on campus.

Cassanova McKinzy, who signed with Auburn yesterday, said during a videotaped post-signing interview that one of the lesser reasons he didn’t seriously consider signing with Clemson is because there was no Chick-fil-A in sight when he visited campus.

Gene Chizik got Cassanova McKinzy to come to Auburn simply because of Chick-fil-A's proximity on campus. Partly, anyway. (AP Photo)
    Granted, there is one on the Clemson campus, but the linebacker out of Birmingham (Ala.) didn’t see it—and McKinzy gets a hankering for some chicken and waffle fries sometimes.

Who doesn’t?

"(It was) kind of the environment and plus they had no Chick-fil-A on campus," McKinzy said in the interview, when asked why he didn’t choose Clemson. "You had to go like, probably like 15 minutes off campus to go to like a real restaurant. Their café was kind of small."

For the record, McKinzy might have been working in a quick plug—as Clemson and Auburn will begin the 2012 season by playing in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Classic in Atlanta. All joking aside, the upbeat and friendly McKinzy was actually one of the most active recruiters in Auburn’s impressive 2012 signing class.

He and Sporting News Top 125 quarterback Zeke Pike gained reputations for trying to talk other undecided recruits into coming to Auburn—so obviously he felt the program had more going for it than a fast-food restaurant. But still, coaches … don’t forget that visit to Chick-fil-A.
    http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...se-chick-fil-a

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

all I got from that is that there is someone out there that named their kid cassanova mckinzy

the only way that this world stops going to shit is if they make it illegal for stupid people to have kids

Iced
    Iced's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

obviously he's black

redsoxfreak91
    redsoxfreak91's Avatar Become A Pro!

The funny part is there is a Chick fil a in the middle of Clemson's campus....its even closer to everything than the auburn one is haha what a dumb ******

redsoxfreak91

* * * * * * * *.......sorry it starred it out
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 02-02-12 at 05:02 PM. Reason: removed remark

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

That's like Gunner Keil. He was packing his bags for a visit to LSU then he realized how far it was from home so he decided to go to Notre Dame. Some times the logic these kids use amazes me.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Clemson is a shit hole why would he want to go there in the first place...

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

True story

I played DE in college...We had two defensive linemen on the team, one a starter, in the middle of the season order a pizza from Domino's. The pizza delivery guy brings the pizza to their dorm and they realize they don't have any money so they decide to kick his ass, but don't take his money or the pizza. The delivery guy calls the cops, has the guys arrested, and they are kicked off the team. The next day the coach tells us if any of us ever do that, we at least should take the pizza.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

good enough reason..

redsoxfreak91

dumb * * * * * * .....will they ever learn...
    Last edited by SBR Lou; 02-02-12 at 05:04 PM. Reason: removed

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

He'll end up like that idiot form Ohio St 9 or 10 years ago. I forgot his name already and everyone thought he would win the Heisman as a freshemn then didnt vote for him because he would have 3 more years to get it....ooops.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    He'll end up like that idiot form Ohio St 9 or 10 years ago. I forgot his name already and everyone thought he would win the Heisman as a freshemn then didnt vote for him because he would have 3 more years to get it....ooops.

Maurice Clarett. Ended up serving some time for robbery. Before that challenged the NFL rule on early admission.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i like that the article made a joke by saying chicken and waffle fries.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    Maurice Clarett. Ended up serving some time for robbery. Before that challenged the NFL rule on early admission.
    Thats him I know he did a robbery or two, everyone acted like they were shocked. Guy got kicked off the OSU football team how frigging crooked do you have to be to have that happen, especially after what we know about that school now.

I think he got picked like 4th or 5th by Denver. So that shows how bright Denver is. makes Tim Tebow pick at 7 or where thy got him like drafting Joe Montana.

john230

Thats him I know he did a robbery or two, everyone acted like they were shocked. Guy got kicked off the OSU football team how frigging crooked do you have to be to have that happen, especially after what we know about that school now.

I think he got picked like 4th or 5th by Denver. So that shows how bright Denver is. makes Tim Tebow pick at 7 or where thy got him like drafting Joe Montana.

Clarett got picked in the 3rd round. Tebow was picked up around 23rd pick of the first.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Clemson is a shit hole why would he want to go there in the first place...
    You ever been to the Auburn-Opelika metropolis?

wantitall4moi

Clarett got picked in the 3rd round. Tebow was picked up around 23rd pick of the first.
    ahh must have been some other loser I was thinking of. Probably ashley lelie who wasnt even a RB

My mind wanders when I try to remember every idiot that gets hyperd to high heaven only to crash and burn even after they 'make it".

wantitall4moi

ahh must have been some other loser I was thinking of. Probably ashley lelie who wasnt even a RB

My mind wanders when I try to remember every idiot that gets hyped to high heaven only to crash and burn even after they 'make it".
    Actually I was thinking of Cedric Benson, drafted by the BEars not Denver, but he was a running back. I think I confused he bears and denver because of the QB trade they made. Like I said my mind does weird shit.

Either way he is another RB from the early 2000s that has been arrested a half dozen times, and didnt amount to much in the NFL despite going pretty high.

But yeah I remember Clarrett going like exactly 100 or something now when ebveryone thought he wouldnt get drafted at all.

john230

Actually I was thinking of Cedric Benson, drafted by the BEars not Denver, but he was a running back. I think I confused he bears and denver because of the QB trade they made. Like I said my mind does weird shit.

Either way he is another RB from the early 2000s that has been arrested a half dozen times, and didnt amount to much in the NFL despite going pretty high.

But yeah I remember Clarrett going like exactly 100 or something now when ebveryone thought he wouldnt get drafted at all.

Benson came out of Texas going in the top 5. Plays for Cincy now. Not nearly the bust Clarett was.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

clemson in boring ass part of nowheresville in south carolina

wantitall4moi

Benson came out of Texas going in the top 5. Plays for Cincy now. Not nearly the bust Clarett was.
    he plays for the Bengals end of story :P

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

A playoff team? Yeah he must be doing pretty well for himself.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    clemson in boring ass part of nowheresville in south carolina
    Nah man there's plenty around here.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    You ever been to the Auburn-Opelika metropolis?
    No....but surely it can't be worse then Clemson..

Landscaper
    Banned
    Landscaper's Avatar Become A Pro!

***** gotta eat

redsoxfreak91

clemson actually is really nice, the surrounding area is pretty rural but the college town itself is a great place to go to college

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Clemson sucks man....backwoods as fukk, but actually really nice I'll give that to em

At Univ of South Carolina a lot of my friends from in-state always had friends visiting that went to Clemson.....they loved visiting our campus for the weekend because of how much shit was going on/ the nightlife.....But Columbia has some really shitty parts with crackheads as the downside being that it's a southern city lol

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

what a typical ni**a....are you serious??? and this roosterlicker will end up maybe making millions when i gotta bust my ass WHAT THE ****

MJT1212
    ECU Pirates
    MJT1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Maybe that's why ECU had good recruits for a few years and now we suck. The Chick Fil A on campus was changed into a Chillis and we all know, not many Spanish play football...