no.1cards
    no.1cards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Lsu - Bama?

I am as confused on this game, i can't handicap it I watched the first meeting and bet Lsu but thought they got out played add felt fortunate to collect. I think Lsu has more talented players (NFL caliber ) than bama but I would give the coaching edge to bama, Les Miles in my opinion is just an average coach with the most talented team I've ever seen in college football, Sabin is a great coach with veay solid talent. I don't like this game from a betting perspective but I will make a small wager just to have someone to pull for, any insight would be appreciated? Thanks thoughts?

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Saban made so many coaching errors in that game, but always gets portrayed as a coaching God. How the f\*\*k did he blow a 24 pt lead at home last yr to Auburn? LMAO!!

Did you know that Bama never got inside LSU's 30 yd line until O.T. (and that was because they spotted them the ball at the 25 yd line. And they lost yds every play!)

LSU got inside Bama's 15 yd line 3 times and only managed to score fg's.

In other words, LSU WAS THE ONE WHO MISSED OUT ON OPPORTUNITIES. Since when was 50+ yd fg's in college easy? How come LSU never gets credit for BLOCKING A FG?? They act like Bama's kickers missed all of them, but there is a difference between missing a kick and getting one blocked.

Did you know that Jordan Jefferson played fairly good in that game and he had only played 4 downs the entire season before that game?

Did you know that the last time LSU lost in the Superdome was 1987 and their average margin of victory there is 16 pts?

Would you feel comfortable wagering on a team whose qb is essentially a freshman? (due to how green he is) He is very inexperienced and Saban has put the weight of the world on his shoulders for the biggest game of his life in a very hostile environment....not to mention, playing against one helluva defense.

People say Alabama is motivated because of the 'revenge factor'.
    I say LSU is motivated because they have been hearing for 2 months how 'Alabama beat themselves and LSU didn't really beat them'.

Besides Trent Richardson, who does Bama have that is a potential gamechanger? Is it Maze? How can he get open against that LSU secondary?

Alabama's quotes of 'we are going to restore order' has already been made bulletin board material for LSU.

Hasn't Alabama showed damn near every play in their playbook already? Everything from wildcat formations to flea flickers? What has LSU showed? Not much outside the norm and you better believe that Les has something up his sleeve.

90% of LSU's roster is from the state of Louisiana. Do you think for one second that those young men won't do everything they can to prevent another school from hoisting that trophy in their 'own backyard'?

....I could go on and on with this argument, but won't.... Good luck to you in whichever you decide my friend.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PlayTheSpread, and hawk 5

no.1cards
    no.1cards's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Lots of insight on the game CBASS, maybe I do give too much credit to Saban. LSU may be the bet, Like I said they are the most talented team I've ever seen in college football. LSU defense is unbelievable. You may be on to something CBASS, although I'm not sold on Jefferson, Richardson is a bad ass, and I don't usually consider previous years trends into account.
    Thanks, CBASS I was considering taking Bama I am now on LSU unless someone convinces me otherwise, plus I have always believed when in doubt TAKE THE POINTS.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by no.1cards View Post
    Lots of insight on the game CBASS, maybe I do give too much credit to Saban. LSU may be the bet, Like I said they are the most talented team I've ever seen in college football. LSU defense is unbelievable. You may be on to something CBASS, although I'm not sold on Jefferson, Richardson is a bad ass, and I don't usually consider previous years trends into account.
    Thanks, CBASS I was considering taking Bama I am now on LSU unless someone convinces me otherwise, plus I have always believed when in doubt TAKE THE POINTS.

Let's make some $$$

vagolf
    vagolf's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they were inside the 30 a few times. Two field goals of 34(17yd line) and 46(29yd line) and Maze took the snap from the wildcat at LSU 28 and threw the INT at the 1yd line. But point is well made b/c I can only think of 3 times they were inside the 30 so what does that say. If you're that much better than the other team and AT HOME you should have won the game. I like LSU but one key thing we will have to watch for in this game is #89 TE Mike Williams. He was involved with the Maze INT at the 1yd line in the 4th qtr and if he had come up with that ball Ala wins that game. If he gets loose down the middle of the field one time he could be the difference. This game is too close to call on the side and I still like the under despite popular thinking. The game ends something like 16-9 or 17-16 this time but I couldn't tell you who wins. Does Jefferson scramble for a 24 yd TD or does Williams catch a 32 yd TD down the seam. Take your pick for the actual game breaking score.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

CBASS made me bet LSU. i took the points.
    I also have a future on them placed in september. this could be a very good night. Better get my purple on.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Saban has historically played too conservative. I think he'll do the same tonight. Miles is the type to hang it all out there. I was surprised at how conservative he played last game. He's the type to win or lose on one risky play like going for two instead of kicking the extra point to tie. I think he let's loose tonight with some trick plays. He'll either live or die by the sword. You can't help but to want to trust the guy bc he'll be out to win instead of "not to lose" (Saban)

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Saban made so many coaching errors in that game, but always gets portrayed as a coaching God. How the f\*\*k did he blow a 24 pt lead at home last yr to Auburn? LMAO!!

Did you know that Bama never got inside LSU's 30 yd line until O.T. (and that was because they spotted them the ball at the 25 yd line. And they lost yds every play!)

LSU got inside Bama's 15 yd line 3 times and only managed to score fg's.

In other words, LSU WAS THE ONE WHO MISSED OUT ON OPPORTUNITIES. Since when was 50+ yd fg's in college easy? How come LSU never gets credit for BLOCKING A FG?? They act like Bama's kickers missed all of them, but there is a difference between missing a kick and getting one blocked.

Did you know that Jordan Jefferson played fairly good in that game and he had only played 4 downs the entire season before that game?

Did you know that the last time LSU lost in the Superdome was 1987 and their average margin of victory there is 16 pts?

Would you feel comfortable wagering on a team whose qb is essentially a freshman? (due to how green he is) He is very inexperienced and Saban has put the weight of the world on his shoulders for the biggest game of his life in a very hostile environment....not to mention, playing against one helluva defense.

People say Alabama is motivated because of the 'revenge factor'.
    I say LSU is motivated because they have been hearing for 2 months how 'Alabama beat themselves and LSU didn't really beat them'.

Besides Trent Richardson, who does Bama have that is a potential gamechanger? Is it Maze? How can he get open against that LSU secondary?

Alabama's quotes of 'we are going to restore order' has already been made bulletin board material for LSU.

Hasn't Alabama showed damn near every play in their playbook already? Everything from wildcat formations to flea flickers? What has LSU showed? Not much outside the norm and you better believe that Les has something up his sleeve.

90% of LSU's roster is from the state of Louisiana. Do you think for one second that those young men won't do everything they can to prevent another school from hoisting that trophy in their 'own backyard'?

....I could go on and on with this argument, but won't.... Good luck to you in whichever you decide my friend.