PlayTheSpread
    PlayTheSpread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1651

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    Bowl games are all about the better coach with 5 weeks to prepare.

I'll take Saban.

I'll take Saban.
    You should probably check the record between the two coaches. I'll save you some time...Miles is 3-2. The dude is a better coach but gets absolutely no respect.

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CashItIn View Post
    Bama only lost cuz their kicker blew that game
    Bama would have won if they got more first downs and TD's, as oppose to having to settle for FG attempts. But say ONLY because of the kicker did they lose if you want to spin it that way.

4seasons

I'll take Saban.
    Each coach/team had two (2) full weeks to prepare for the last game. If in 2 weeks you can't come up with a game plan and execute it for a win, then wouldn't matter if you got 20 weeks to prepare.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Quote Originally Posted by Ch Br View Post
    Sound logic sir......

while still admitting you saw mine and jacked it...... because i know you didnt have before
    I've had this since like the 2nd week I've been here. Which is like 2 years longer than you. But it's whatever - I don't mind other people enjoying the Big Lebowski. The more the merrier IMO

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    Each coach/team had two (2) full weeks to prepare for the last game. If in 2 weeks you can't come up with a game plan and execute it for a win, then wouldn't matter if you got 20 weeks to prepare.
    I disagree. 5 weeks > 2 weeks, which gives the coach more time to watch film, think, strategize, and implement a better thought out game plan.

nj1035
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by PlayTheSpread View Post
    You should probably check the record between the two coaches. I'll save you some time...Miles is 3-2. The dude is a better coach but gets absolutely no respect.
    I don't think H2H record is the end all be all of who is the better coach. Because you could make a lot of cases about one coach being better than the other that make absolutely no sense.

I think Miles is a very good coach - I think Saban is a great coach. Just my opinion.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3415

Quote Originally Posted by Ch Br View Post

no my friend said there were all sorts of ppl wearing LSU gear all over the place, but the locals do that too....

he said his sample was of ppl he talked to GOING to the game
    Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Exactly but all the LSU fans going to the game are in their living rooms.
    yeah, ppl like me who live in metro new orleans, we already live here, we dont need to be out on bourbon street every night or in the quarter.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cos Bama whales have more $$$ obv...this line opened at LSU -1 or something like that, and that's what the books think where it should be. If you take Bama -2 or worse now, you are a stupid hamburger.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    yeah, ppl like me who live in metro new orleans, we already live here, we dont need to be out on bourbon street every night or in the quarter.
    Word.

4seasons

I disagree. 5 weeks > 2 weeks, which gives the coach more time to watch film, think, strategize, and implement a better thought out game plan.
    I'd agree if one coach/team got 5 weeks to prepare, and the other coach/team got less. That's not the case here, is it? You're also implying that the game plan Bama came up with in 2 weeks the last time, was not as good as what LSU came up with, 'cause Saban would've been able to do more with 3 extra weeks than Miles. Thus, you're saying LSU has the better coach/team. That may not be what you mean, but it is what your words imply.

nj1035
    Update your status

I'd agree if one coach/team got 5 weeks to prepare, and the other coach/team got less. That's not the case here, is it? You're also implying that the game plan Bama came up with in 2 weeks the last time, was not as good as what LSU came up with, 'cause Saban would've been able to do more with 3 extra weeks than Miles. Thus, you're saying LSU has the better coach/team. That may not be what you mean, but it is what your words imply.
    No, I'm saying the coaching advantage is not as magnified in 2 weeks as it is in 5 weeks. In 2 weeks, it's more about the players, less about the coach. In 5 weeks, the coaching and gameplanning plays a bigger role in the outcome of the game. In this instance I think it's enough to overcome the slight personnel advantage LSU may have. Just like if you had 1 day to prepare, coaching would play pretty much no factor at all.

Just my opinion.

legendmatt34
    legendmatt34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

Dont be fooled.. Take the Tigers!

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Saban is 6-6 in bowls so he is not the better coach but only perceived to be.

PlayTheSpread
    PlayTheSpread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1651

Yes I'm a homer but this is my breakdown of this game...I'm sure there will be some of you that disagree with me and that's ok. None of us will truly know until the game is played however, I believe this to be a good breakdown between these two great teams.

1. In the first game, Bama only got to their 25 once and that was because they started there in OT. Btw...they ended up on their 30. LSU got to the 15 three times but couldn't seal the deal.

2. Lee completely imploded with two int's. Jefferson came in only having 4 downs under his belt up to that game

3. McCarron cannot get the job done...he couldn't handle LSU's defense then and he won't be able to tonight.

4. LSU held Richardson to 0 TD's and must do the same again tonight...this will force McCarron to win the game for them which he can't do. He's too slow to pull the trigger

5. Jefferson will be much better than the first game and the offense will be less conservative compared to the first game. He will be more apt to seal the deal as mentioned in point #1

6. Miles is 3-2 against Saban...all this about Saban being a better coach is complete BS

7. Special teams are strongly favored for LSU...Honey Badger will make a huge play tonight.

8. The team with the highest betting percentage has gone 4-1 SU the last five years. 61% is on LSU as of right now

For what its worth, my picks are LSU +2.5, LSU ML and Over.
    Last edited by PlayTheSpread; 01-09-12 at 01:05 PM.

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Why was Auburn a dog in the BCS title game last year ? Who won there ? lol

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    trying to trick people

i will be heavy on LSU
    nice picture

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

If you like bama, take 1h instead. 2h will be lsu.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

2 questions

will LSU be conservative on offense?

can LSU stop the run?

4seasons

No, I'm saying the coaching advantage is not as magnified in 2 weeks as it is in 5 weeks. In 2 weeks, it's more about the players, less about the coach. In 5 weeks, the coaching and gameplanning plays a bigger role in the outcome of the game. In this instance I think it's enough to overcome the slight personnel advantage LSU may have. Just like if you had 1 day to prepare, coaching would play pretty much no factor at all.

Just my opinion.
    They both had 2 weeks last time dude. You can't tell me Saban is a better coach if he can't come up with a game plan in 2 weeks that will win, but will come up with one by having 5 weeks to prepare. Again, you're implying Miles is the better coach, because his team won last time with 2 weeks to prepare over Saban's. If 2 weeks does not magnify the coaching advantage, what about 3 weeks? What about 4 weeks? Or, does Saban need exactly 5 weeks? 3 weeks like 2? 4 weeks like 2? Where exactly is the line after having 2 full weeks to prepare. 2 weeks and a day? 2 weeks and 5 days? 3 weeks and 3 days? You say no to 2 weeks, and you say yes to 5 weeks. Just curious, after 2 weeks, exactly how many more days does it take?

LotsoCheese
    I want my NFL!
    LotsoCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Bama would have won if they got more first downs and TD's, as oppose to having to settle for FG attempts. But say ONLY because of the kicker did they lose if you want to spin it that way.
    Man this place is loaded with he best comments I have ever heard on a forum. Keep it up guys I need a good laugh.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

This is just more PROOF the BCS got it right - The best 2 teams in NCAAFB are playing for the Championship...

Dont think so?? Name another team other than Bama who would be Fav?

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Shafted69 View Post
    Why was Auburn a dog in the BCS title game last year ? Who won there ? lol
    The big difference in this one is we all ready saw Bama beat them every where but on the score board once this year,the difference is LSU will not be so lucky this time around..........

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    They already beat this team on their home field, now they have the advantage, don't think new orleans is anything other than a Tiger town.

I don't get it

LSU just not getting the respect. The only way that this team get's respect is by winning every game this season. (and that's wrong).

Sam Odom

"LSU just not getting the respect."

will2 , why do keep saying this? You've posted it several times... LSU was #4 in Preseason AP poll , went to #1 week five of AP poll and ended the reg season AP poll an unanimous #1

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    "LSU just not getting the respect."

will2 , why do keep saying this? You've posted it several times... LSU was #4 in Preseason AP poll , went to #1 week five of AP poll and ended the reg season AP poll an unanimous #1

They beat Bama in Tuscaloosa and had a very difficult schedule yet their the underdog? How's that possible?

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post

They beat Bama in Tuscaloosa and had a very difficult schedule yet their the underdog? How's that possible?

You are confusing the reasons why Bookies make a line on a single game with 'Respect'

nj1035
    Update your status

They both had 2 weeks last time dude. You can't tell me Saban is a better coach if he can't come up with a game plan in 2 weeks that will win, but will come up with one by having 5 weeks to prepare. Again, you're implying Miles is the better coach, because his team won last time with 2 weeks to prepare over Saban's. If 2 weeks does not magnify the coaching advantage, what about 3 weeks? What about 4 weeks? Or, does Saban need exactly 5 weeks? 3 weeks like 2? 4 weeks like 2? Where exactly is the line after having 2 full weeks to prepare. 2 weeks and a day? 2 weeks and 5 days? 3 weeks and 3 days? You say no to 2 weeks, and you say yes to 5 weeks. Just curious, after 2 weeks, exactly how many more days does it take?
    I'm sorry if you can't understand the logic. That unfortunately is your problem, not mine. I will try to explain it one more time, hopefully it sticks.

I think LSU has slightly better personnel. I think Alabama probably had a better game plan last time, but it wasn't enough to overcome personnel. I think this time, with 5 weeks instead of two, this game will be less about personnel and more about coaching because it gives the coaches more time to analyze weaknesses and trends in the opposing team, and they will run more plays geared to that instead of just running more generic plays that they have all season.

I hope that makes sense. I'm sorry if it doesn't honestly. But I don't feel like explaining it again.

Drew0585
    Drew0585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4083

Bama is the play. 65% of bets coming in on LSU, but the line moves from Bama +1.5 to Bama -2.5. Looks like the big money is coming in on Alabama.

Drew0585

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    The big difference in this one is we all ready saw Bama beat them every where but on the score board once this year,the difference is LSU will not be so lucky this time around..........
    Finally someone who understands how to analyze more about a game than just the final score.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

Quote Originally Posted by Drew0585 View Post
    Bama is the play. 65% of bets coming in on LSU, but the line moves from Bama +1.5 to Bama -2.5. Looks like the big money is coming in on Alabama.
    so what, who says the big money is always right

Drew0585

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmillion View Post
    so what, who says the big money is always right

No one is ALWAYS right, but if you're going to pick a side I'd definitely rather be on the same side as the big money players vs the public.

Are you on LSU?

Pill Gates
    Pill Gates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10831

What does it matter if Bama beat them in every aspect of the game last time stats dont win games. Points deaux. LSU is going to score more points therefore they will win.

thewolf
    thewolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 226

Play is over...No brainer here....Def+Def=Over, after last game was big under.....Banging out over bigly.....You will see Special Teams TDs, Both teams got to see what the other is made of, and now offensive adjustments will be made...Defense is already stout, so they will be the same....24-35 Final...

Drew0585

Quote Originally Posted by Pill Gates View Post
    What does it matter if Bama beat them in every aspect of the game last time stats dont win games. Points deaux. LSU is going to score more points therefore they will win.

The point is that Alabama was able to put themselves in the position to put points on the board numerous times in the first game, but did not capitalize. Tonight will be a different story. We will see what you have to say after Bama wins the national championship tonight!

thewolf
    thewolf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 226

wow over is 41.5 now..Got in at 41 for 2 dimes...Good Luck to Over players!

First 1234 Last