Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Arkansas State/Northern Illinois

Arkansas State -1.5 is the play tonite!

N. Illinois is a little overrated in my book at 5-8 ATS while people don't realize how good Arkansas State is at 10-2 ATS. NI has been in quite a few "defense is optional" games and gives up 178 ypg rushing & 31 ppg. Arkansas State on the other hand doesn't go for 63-60 games. They play solid defense & only give up 107 rushing per game & 19.3 ppg. I'm taking the better defense with a small parlay on Under 65.

GL!!

burchfield
    burchfield's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

agree with ya Handicappible

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

small lean to arky st. much of the same reasons.

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Basically flip a coin in this one in my book. Majority seem to be on Ark ST, including IBT who emails me free picks, and for the past month as emailed me to take Ark ST. Thing is, most of this place's free picks are losers. Definitely worth a fade play for me. Totally fading IBT, plus I like the fact that the Huskies run on avg for a 100 yards more prer game. Other facts (found on another website) that I like to tail ...

"Arkansas State has a new coach in Gus Malzahn, the former offensive coordinator at Auburn. But Malzahn, who tutored Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton and helped the Tigers win the 2010 national championship, will not be on the sidelines. Arkansas State will be led by interim head coach David Gunn, who was recently asked by Malzahn to return and be a part of the staff. Gunn was named interim coach after Hugh Freeze resigned to become head coach at Ole Miss.

. Northern Illinois QB Chandler Harnish has been impressive under pressure. He’s coming off perhaps his best performance, leading the Huskies to a 23-20 comeback win against Ohio in the MAC championship game. The four-year starter was voted the MAC’s Player of the Year and needs only 45 rushing yards to become the third FBS quarterback to rush for 3,000 yards and pass for 8,000 yards in his career. "

Huskies ML @ -102

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I am up a fair amount today, so I dropped 2 dimes on Arkansas State -1.5.... The against the spread records + defense led me to this play. BOL