EddieMunster
    EddieMunster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love Football Live Betting

WV-Clemson in the Orange Bowl was 1 of the best live betting opportunities I have seen in a while. Sometimes 1 team has chosen better spikes/shoes than the other team and early on quite a few of the Clemson players were slipping while WV seemed to have great footing. 5Dimes is best for in-game betting options. Got WV +3.5 -130 early on and remarkably got WV over 43.5 -115 after they had just scored TD's on 3 straight possesions with a lot of time still left in 2nd qtr. Ended up with 5 for 5 winners on that game for easily my best football game of the year.

the h man
    the h man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

I dont understand live wagering. Is that +3.5 for the rest of the game from the moment you bet it? As in you pretend the score is 0-0 again like with 2nd half wagers. Or does it still count whats already happened and you can just look at the final score?

EddieMunster

Counts what already happened, not like 2nd half betting, but gotta decide fast, because its only available during the commercial break.

TXVol210
    TXVol210's Avatar Become A Pro!

You gonna be live betting tonight on the Cotton Bowl?

EddieMunster

Yes, if I can, but wife might have other Fri night plans for us. Another opinion on live football betting is that College Football live betting is way easier than NFL live betting. I prefer live for college football, but pregame or half time for NFL.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMunster View Post
    WV-Clemson in the Orange Bowl was 1 of the best live betting opportunities I have seen in a while. Sometimes 1 team has chosen better spikes/shoes than the other team and early on quite a few of the Clemson players were slipping while WV seemed to have great footing. 5Dimes is best for in-game betting options. Got WV +3.5 -130 early on and remarkably got WV over 43.5 -115 after they had just scored TD's on 3 straight possesions with a lot of time still left in 2nd qtr. Ended up with 5 for 5 winners on that game for easily my best football game of the year.
    Live Betting is one of the cornerstones of my wagering strategy. However, I use it differently than you. I prefer to use it to obtain a + moneyline when a favorite gets into the hole and becomes at least a +130/+140 dog (such as when the Giants were down by 12 to the Cowboys a few weeks back).

EddieMunster

Interesting Night-Tripper, I can see that strategy paying dividends in NFL, where favorites sometimes sleepwalk early on. But in college football, I think it tends to be more 100% effort all the time, so I tend to believe what I see actually happening on that day. My favorite live plays on sides tend to be when the underdog in college football turns out to be the better team. The live lines tend to be based more on pregame expectations, especially during the 1st half. Did not find any live lines I liked last night, but glad to see 5dimes has live action on both college football games today. Also love over/unders live, to me it was pretty obvious Wed night that the WestVir offense was clicking on all cylinders, so I jumped big on over 43.5 team total for WV.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMunster View Post
    Interesting Night-Tripper, I can see that strategy paying dividends in NFL, where favorites sometimes sleepwalk early on. But in college football, I think it tends to be more 100% effort all the time, so I tend to believe what I see actually happening on that day. My favorite live plays on sides tend to be when the underdog in college football turns out to be the better team. The live lines tend to be based more on pregame expectations, especially during the 1st half. Did not find any live lines I liked last night, but glad to see 5dimes has live action on both college football games today. Also love over/unders live, to me it was pretty obvious Wed night that the WestVir offense was clicking on all cylinders, so I jumped big on over 43.5 team total for WV.
    I don't mess with totals or props too much... mainly stick with sides. Live Betting also has its spots in NCAAF. The best example I can think of for maximum profit during the Bowl Games has been the FSU/ND game.

Went into the game with 1100 on FSU -3.5. Halftime line was FSU-1, so I put 500 on that, figuring that if they didn't cover the game line, they should be able to win the second half.

Boom... ND scores again and is now up by 14... and I'm having serious doubts that FSU is going to cover the -3.5, but could win the game. Live Line comes out FSU +437, so I toss 300 on FSU+437 as well as 350 on FSU +10.5.

FSU kicks a FG and is still down by 11, but is showing signs of life.

Next Live Line comes out and I take FSU +5.5 for 550 and put another 500 on FSU +185.

The rest is history.

FSU-18 ND-14

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Here's another example of how I use Live Lines in college. (This is probably gonna be a case of me getting it stuck up my azz.)

Played a small amount on Pitt to cover the 3.5 against SMU to occupy my time before the NFL kicks off later today. Panthers are down by 14 to SMEW and I don't feel like they'll cover the 3.5, but may be able to win the game, so I take the ML @ +275 for 500. SMEW scores again to make it 21-0 and the Live Line has Pitt @ +400, so I limit out on the ML by placing another 150 on them @ +400. In addition, they offer Pitt +14.5 @ -120, so I take the points for 600. Outside of maybe playing something on the HT line, I'm finished with this game.