ballsyman
    ballsyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ballysmans College Football Winner for 1/6

TOP PLAYS
    3 UNIT PLAYS
    Kansas State/ Arkansas Over 63:LOSER I don't expect 100 points like in the Orange Bowl, but this one will still generate plenty of points. Normally when you see an OU line this high you expect that both teams are good passing teams, but that is not the case here as KSU ranks as one of the worst passing schools in the nation. The Wildcats come in ranked 109th in passing as they have put up just 149.8 ypg through the air, but they do run the ball very well as they have put up 193.7 ypg on the ground, which is 25th. Now one of the best indicators as to how a team does when they have the ball is the yards pewr point stat. That stat petty much takes into account short fields from TO's or special team returns or just their defense setting them up with a short field as well. All in all it shows how efficient a team is when the have the ball and the Wildcats are the most efficient team in the nation as they have a YPP of 9.9. That number does makes sense as they are 95th in total offense (343.4 ypg), but 30th in scoring (33.1 ppg). Now tonight that running game should get cranking as they will be facing a Hogs team that is 80th in the nation vs the run (174.3 ypg) and once tghey get the ground game churning it will open up some throwing lanes for Klein to take advantage. The Hogs defense has allowed 371.4 ypg (52nd) and 22.8 ppg (38th) overall, but they still have allowed 28+ points in 6 of their last 10 games. The Hogs on offense also have a strong YPP number at 12.3, which is 12th in the nation. Arkansas has been known for their passing game the last few years and this year they have a good one, as they rank 13th in the nation, putting up 307.8 ypg. Tyler Wilson has had a good year for them ranking 23rd in QB Rating and 18th in ypa, while throwing 22 TD passes to only 6 INT's. Tonight he should have a big game vs a KSU defense that has allowed 267.2 ypg through the air, which is 105th in the nation. Overall the Wildcat defense comes in 74th in total defense (398.8 ypg) and 68th in scoring defense (27.8 ppg). The KSU defense did have their good moments this year, but in games vs high powered offenses (Baylor, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M) they allowed 45.8 ppg, so I really expect them to struggle tonight vs this high powered Arkansas attack. Both teams have very low YPP numbers, so they know what to do with the ball when they have it, so i expect both teams to find the endzone often tonight. This game should hit at least 70+ points. KEY TREND--- Over the last 3 seasons the Over is 15-3 in KSU games after the first month of the season.

7 POINT TEASER---Arkansas -3 & Over 56
    LOSER

BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE

I also cap at PG under jeff scott sports....BOL!!!
    Last edited by ballsyman; 01-06-12 at 11:02 PM. Reason: added write up

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

good write up, I really like Arkansas to win but the line @ 5 dimes is now showing -10. I'm taking the Hogs TT OVER of 36 pts instead.

ballsyman

Thanks DJ...Best of Luck

I rike 2 bet
    I rike 2 bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I rike it. Have a 7 point teaser also with Ark -2.5 and over 58.

ballsyman

Let's Cash this RIKE!!!!

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

shows how efficient a team is when the have the ball and the Wildcats are the most efficient team in the nation as they have a YPP of 9.9. That number does makes sense as they are 95th in total offense (343.4 ypg), but 30th in scoring (33.1 ppg).

It shows how efficient or also how overachieving K-State is. Not often does a team score 33 ppg on less than 350 ypg. Arkansas lost a BCS game last year and has something to prove behind a home crowd against a 1-dimensional overachieving opponent.

ballsyman

Tough Night(0-2) as I lose -6.6 units in the COTTON Bowl..........Overall 9-6 +2.3 units since joining SBR