BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Isn't one of Clemson's top receivers out? I haven't really capped this game yet, but it seems like Clemson should be at least -4 by now if they were the play. I've watched them play a few times this year -- holy erratic. Geno Smith's going to put up some numbers on them -- I know that much.
    DeAndre Hopkins should play.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    How can you take Clemson when the line moved from -3.5 to -2.5? Someone smarter then all of us knows something! It's WV or no bet!
    I've heard this all Bowl Season, look at the lines, Smart Money driving the line down before kickoff, but more often then not this bowl season it hasn't meant anything.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    I've heard this all Bowl Season, look at the lines, Smart Money driving the line down before kickoff, but more often then not this bowl season it hasn't meant anything.
    My thoughts exactly.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Smart money is on W Va

Follow me to victory

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Acc 2 and 13 life time in bcs bowl games... 3 games on the road they looked like shyt, should of lost to wake at home, were down big on the road against maryland... I know everyone wants to be action jackson but you don't get more money picking this game over a college hoops game... just live bet

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is the O/U at 62? Should be 70 for these two teams.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Smart money is on W Va

Follow me to victory

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

You have to discount the Gamecock loss....Clemson no longer had any BCS aspirations...where totally focused and looking ahead to ACC championship game....dismantled Vtech...much like they will do to WV tonight........all this "smart" money wil get flushed...Clemson is a very bad matchup for WV......Boyd lost his composure after GT loss.....got it back to crush a very good VTECH Team.......Tigers roll....remember the public does win games.....WV 67 Clemson 44 stregnth of schedule

blackberry_juice
    blackberry_juice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Watkins was out against NC St. Watched the game and Clemson was a very different team without him. Then played next week against S Car and he still likely wasn't 100% as Clemson got handled then too (yes S Car is much better than Clemson anyway) . The only game Clemson was out played by an inferior opponent at full strength was at Georgia Tech, who played their best game all year in front of a hyped up crowd trying to upset undefeated and then #5 Clemson.

I will be playing Clemson at -3 +100, but not for as much as my other big bowl bets as of now. BTW just crunched some offense/defense efficiency numbers: Clemson is stronger defensively, while WV is more offensively efficient but against a far weaker SOS. Lastly, Clemson is much more efficient in the special teams portion of games. GL either way

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    thats why I am taking WV tonight.....it cant happen like this every game! although now the line jammed back to clemson.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

thats why I am taking WV tonight.....it cant happen like this every game! although now the line jammed back to clemson.
    If they don't move the line to at least 3.5, Vegas is asking for another bloodbath, public is going to pound Clemson and it just takes a fluky game like last night for Vegas to get killed again.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    I'm not sure WVU is more schizo...

Clemson played like garbage against Ga. Tech, NC State & South Carolina.

They looked like world beaters against Va. Tech in the ACC championship game.

Hard to know which Tigers show up.

If both teams play their best, Clemson wins...
    Clemson played lousy against NC State and SCaro after they locked up their ACC Division... phoned them in.

They were looking forward to their ACC Championship game. And their star WR was out of one or both of those games.

SANDWICH GAMES.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

You cannot bet based upon thinking a game is fixed.

Clemson has them beat in most categories.... 3 pts is nothing.

Clemson might win by 20-30. Blowout possilbe if the WR is 100%.

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

After thinking I was "smart" getting a positive ml with a better football team in vtech I'm gonma be stupid tonight and take clemson-3EV

JAFO
    JAFO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1683

W Virg +3

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm not sure how anyone could load up on either side.

I like Clemson because they have better players and beat better competition.

I watched WVU suck it up a few times this year. Who has WVU beaten?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

both teams suck, bowl gms suck in general, no clue how anyone would be so confident in Clemson but then i look at wvu and kinda understand it as they are trash as well.. gl with this shit, prob best to bet some college hoops and trade live on this gm, you know wvu is terrible starters so prob be able to get them at a really nice price if clem comes out strong..damn near every bowl gm i have watched (i have missed quite a few) both teams have been + money at some point throughout the gm..this could be the exception tho as wvu dogs and their typical slow start you may never see clem at + money but if that the case you be happy you arent on wvu anyways..

thekid667
    thekid667's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clemson covers the spread With a better team despite being away from the Valley
    Last edited by thekid667; 01-04-12 at 12:07 PM.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Big game for the WV program. Clemson' season was made by winning the ACC Championship. Tavon Austin will be difference maker.

JennyNakos
    JennyNakos's Avatar Become A Pro!

West Virginia will rock

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

FWIW, I think it's been 20 years since Clemson has beaten a team from the Big East.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Your best bet on this one seems to be the over and forget picking the two teams.

The game can go either way depending on how each team shows up.

If both teams show up and are ready to play and are playing their best football, Clemson will win easily.

dredmahawkus

You know what aggravates me most about this game....I won a few big bets with Clemson this season and lost a couple where they really sucked. West Virginia the exact same. Some games they played great and some games they just totally sucked. I can't even decide on the total. If they both play like they did the first half of the season it should be a shootout....something inside me says what if those suck teams show up tonight! I took the points with WV but I don't think that will matter. Whatever way it goes it should be a 10+ point difference.

Now let me start by saying I took Michigan last night....but the better team did not win that game! VT was the correct call last night and somehow Michigan won. They had no right winning that game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Number even hit 2.5 last night for a while. ML still down a good 20 cents from open.

If it never goes to 3.5, I wouldn't recommend even thinking about playing Clemson.

Just my take. No guarantees, but I think WVU is the play based on what we've seen so far with this line.

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Clemson didn't prepare for S Carolina because they had their Division locked up?

That is TFF ... S. Carolina is an In-State rival.

Michigan had " no right winning" last night? Another good one.
    They forced VT into kicking 3 redzone FG ... That usually spells victory ...

My goodness think before you speak guys ...

Action seems kinda even
    I'm on Clemson tonite -3... Book appears more confident in that 'side' of 3.5 ...
    Strong play ...

35-31 or less ,, like 14 less ...

nmiller1232
    nmiller1232's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did anyone here watch the South Florida/WVU game?!

Not saying S Fla is bad but NOWHERE NEAR Clemson

WrEkkED
    WrEkkED's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

West va sucks. Just like every other year, they have a running qb and a good running back. So one dimentional. You stop the run, you stop west va.

The big east was in shambles this year. Not one decent team. Clemson should roll on west va, but like normal, when they know they are out talented they do the trick plays, going for it on 4th and long etc and often pull it out of their ass.

I'll skip all the hooplah and go with the better team.

Clemson -3 is the right play. If west va wins, it's not going to be because of real football.

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

How can you take Clemson when the line moved from -3.5 to -2.5? Someone smarter then all of us knows something! It's WV or no bet!

I love how some people emphatically swear that lines are pretty much always moved by a few 'wiseguys' or sharps like walters...... this may be true, BUT only in very select opportunities....

FYI everyone there are MANY reasons a line moves.......

if you make your pick based on line movement or RLM only, then you really dont know anything about lines moving....

esp since average george's dont even look at games or lines till the day before or hours before kickoff when they are scrambling to make up from the last Degen bet they placed

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Number even hit 2.5 last night for a while. ML still down a good 20 cents from open.

If it never goes to 3.5, I wouldn't recommend even thinking about playing Clemson.

Just my take. No guarantees, but I think WVU is the play based on what we've seen so far with this line.

clemson it is then

dredmahawkus

I switched mine to clemson.....I just think they are better.

mailman07009
    mailman07009's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

No bet for just a small play on knicks over! Up big this week and a whole lotta week left!

I am Happy
    I am Happy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Clemson

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Also on Clemson -2.5

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Yes. Clemson buries everyone. Amazing.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

who was it who said that WVU was the most craptastic team they've ever seen?

First 123 Last