ballsyman
    ballsyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ballsyman's College Football Picks for Friday(with write-ups)

3 unit play.....LOSER -3units

BYU/ Tulsa Over 56.5:
    The Golden Hurricanes offense, which ranks 23rd in the country in scoring (34.1) and yards (454.4), is led by fifth-year senior quarterback G.J. Kinne, who rushed for more than 400 yards, threw for 25 touchdowns and passed for 300 or more yards five times this season. Kinne gets plenty of help from running backs Ja'Terian Douglas and Trey Watts, who each ran for more than 800 yards, with Douglas leading the FBS with 8.2 yards per carry. While BYU's running game can't boast quite the same production as Tulsa's, the Cougars' top rushers - JJ Di Luigi and Michael Alisa - combined to break the 1,000-yard mark. QB Riley Nelson replaced Jake Heaps in the mid- season and he threw for 244 ypg in his six starts with 16 TD's and just 5 INT's. BYU has hit the 40 point mark in 3 straight games and they have averaged 41.3 ppg in the 6 games since Riley took over at QB. I don't see either defense being able to slow down these offenses here.

6 POINT TEASER--- Iowa State +7 & Mississippi State/ Wake Forest Under 54 For 3 units LOSER -3units

For 3 units WInner +3.0 units

Iowa State/ Rutgers Under 44.5:
    Im gonna look at the Under in this one. The Cyclone defense played very well down the stretch as they allowed just 20.8 ppg in their last 5 games, compared to allowing 35.8 ppg in their first 7 games. Now this defense gets to take a weak Rutgers offense that is 100th overall and has scored just 22.3 ppg in their last 4 games. This is a field position offense that relies on not taking chances and letting their defense win games. Rutgers also doesn't get a lot of big plays as they are 109th in yards per play (4.5). ISU has a solid running game (36th), but passing has been an issue for them (74th). ISU will look to run in this game as the Knights are 56th vs the run, but 13th vs the pass. ISU comes in 89th in yards per play (4.9). This will be a game of a game of running, defense and non-big plays and I really don't expect it to hit 40 points.

Mississippi State/ Wake Forest Under 48: Winner +3.0 units I just don't expect a lot of points in this one today. The Bulldogs have played some good defense this year as they have allowed just 19.9 ppg overall and they are 23rd in the nation vs the pass as they have allowed just 194.1 ypg through the air. The State offense has not been that great this year as they have averaged just 355.1 ypg (87th) and they are 92nd in passing, putting up just 186.2 ypg through the air. The Bulldogs have scored just 25.5 ppg (71), but they have really struggled to score down the stretch as they have averaged just 18.3 ppg in their last 3 games. Wake has struggled on offense this year and despite putting up 26.8 ppg (22 ppg in their last 3), they have averaged just 374 ypg (76th) and should have problems putting up points vs this tough Bulldog defense. The Wake defense has struggled some this year, but the Bulldogs haven't really looked good on offense down the stretch. I expect the defenses to come up big vs some two average offenses in this one.

1unit play:
    Oklahoma -13.5 over Iowa: To take a quote form Bob Stoops "We've had some significant injuries over the last half of the season, but this is an opportunity for other players," said Stoops. "We're excited about our trip to Tempe and the opportunity we've got to reach 10 wins." I gotta believe that this Oklahoma team will be fired up for this one. 10 wins is a big deal in CFB and after starting the preseason #1 and coming off the humiliating loss to the Cowboys you can expect that the Sooners will be looking to finish strong. The Hawkeyes have some injury problems of their own with the loss of Coker and with out a running game the Sooners should be able to pressure James Vandenberg in to some mistakes. Even with the offensive injuries the Sooners have they still have plenty of weapons to put up a lot of points and the Hawkeyes average offense just doesn't have enough firepower to keep up. Landry will go out with a big game and the Sooners will erase the memories of the OSU debacle as they win this one with ease.

College Football Record 4-2(+6 units) since joining

Last edited by ballsyman; 12-30-11 at 09:44 PM. Reason: added play

GREGREEK
    GREGREEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Nice write ups

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Except that Tulsa team name is not the Cyclones.......

Try Golden Hurricanes.........

ballsyman

C'mon its been a long Nightu know what I mean!!!

ballsyman

I have added 2 plays to my card!!! BOL!!!

ballsyman

Quote Originally Posted by GREGREEK View Post
    Nice write ups
    Thanks Man.....Best of Luck

ballsyman

Even Night going 2-2 so far waiting on Oklahoma.....4-2(+6.0 units) Overall