ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2587

WHY is WISC a 6 point dog?

Line starting to move, down to 5. (dec 29th)
    I like WI to win straight up, points are a bonus.
    Same with LSU, should be favored. (now +1)
    What is Vegas thinking?

EZ

ezmoney

Line hovering around +5, should drop more before start.
    Also like Penn St +7, always play well in bowl games.

EZ

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

oregon's offense gets people giddy and they bet them, that is why.

diveoregon
    diveoregon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would say this line is accurate, if not making it easy to pick chalk! I have no idea when and where you have seen any indication that Wisconsin has any hopes of winning this football game let alone staying in it? I'll try and go a little more in depth.

Oregon's 3 big game losses in the last few years. Rosebowl(Ohio St), BCS Champ(Auburn), Kickoff Classic(LSU). All three of these teams had not just great, but phenomenal defenses. These D's were able to control the line, but more importantly athletic enough and disciplined enough in the secondary to win those one on one matchups. They were also conditioned well enough to play and entire game at the tempo Oregon runs. Wisconsin's defense is nowhere close to this calibur. Chip Kelly has learned a lot from these games as well, and will adjust accordinly to the mismatch in size. Look for more two TE sets, while sending LMJ and DeAnthony in opposite directions, more spread sets than their predominat pistol formation.

On the other side of the ball, Wisconsin is a one trick pony! Oregon will load box early and force Wilson to challenge the Oregon secondary, which happens to be significantly better than Wisconsin's receiving corp. As the game wears on Oregon's athleticism will show, and look for coach AZ to dial up some effective blitz packages.

While I think the first half of this game will be close, ultimately mistakes will compound in the second half, and Oregon will run up the score.

Oregon 38 Wisconsin 17

Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Wow with you being so knowledgable i hope you bet the farm. By the way your wrong.

ezmoney

Line down to 4, WI needs to control tempo, keep DUCKS off the field.

EZ

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

corvo put on the duck head!!!

diveoregon
    diveoregon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe I am wrong, that's why they play the game. And that's why we have forumns, to give opinions, and hopefully defend them. I encourage anyone to tell me how and why Wisconsin will win this game? Because I haven't heard anything of substance to this point.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

i like wiscon, they played a similiar styled team like this last year in the rose bowl, tcu. i'm just hoping the players that didn't graduate bring enough knowledge into the game from last years experience. But then again it's another year

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

Quote Originally Posted by diveoregon View Post
    I would say this line is accurate, if not making it easy to pick chalk! I have no idea when and where you have seen any indication that Wisconsin has any hopes of winning this football game let alone staying in it? I'll try and go a little more in depth.

Oregon's 3 big game losses in the last few years. Rosebowl(Ohio St), BCS Champ(Auburn), Kickoff Classic(LSU). All three of these teams had not just great, but phenomenal defenses. These D's were able to control the line, but more importantly athletic enough and disciplined enough in the secondary to win those one on one matchups. They were also conditioned well enough to play and entire game at the tempo Oregon runs. Wisconsin's defense is nowhere close to this calibur. Chip Kelly has learned a lot from these games as well, and will adjust accordinly to the mismatch in size. Look for more two TE sets, while sending LMJ and DeAnthony in opposite directions, more spread sets than their predominat pistol formation.

On the other side of the ball, Wisconsin is a one trick pony! Oregon will load box early and force Wilson to challenge the Oregon secondary, which happens to be significantly better than Wisconsin's receiving corp. As the game wears on Oregon's athleticism will show, and look for coach AZ to dial up some effective blitz packages.

While I think the first half of this game will be close, ultimately mistakes will compound in the second half, and Oregon will run up the score.

Oregon 38 Wisconsin 17

Funny no mention of the USC game this year @ Autzen

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Wisconsin does not have the athletes that USC or LSU do. Won't be able to keep up defensively. James, Thomas & Thomas can fly.... Im pounding Oregon.

oChRoNiCo

I never said I was betting Wisconsin but that USC/Oregon game was the true Pac12 Championship game and to not include that as a " big game" is fraudulent. I can see this game going either way honestly so I will just tease Wisconsin & the Over!

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Folks are pounding the Ducks after the Big10 is shitting the bed in early matchups. Line going up.

oChRoNiCo

Ok I lied I am getting me some Wisconsin ML! Revenge for last year and the fact Oregon hasn't won a Rose bowl since Christ was a little boy is enough for me to take a shot here. I think both offesense will impose their wills on the defenses however come 4th quarter I think Wisconsin Defense will make enough plays and they will control the clock and wear down Oregon Defense should be a great game. Not a big bet for me here but I think it's worth a shot to take some Wisky ML and the teaser is a medium sized bet for me.

Reener77
    Reener77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7006

Quote Originally Posted by diveoregon View Post

Oregon 38 Wisconsin 17
    Wisconsin rush yards per game: 237.4
    Wisconsin pass yards per game: 229.5

Not exactly a "one-trick pony" don't you think?