thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

Toledo/Air Force

missed the purdue/w.michigan game, because of work, my choice was w.mich, wish i could've watched, too many turnovers from what i heard and read. I have to move on to the next game.

What's your thoughts on this, since i'll be working again. As many of us know by watching mac weekday games that Toledo has a terrible defenese, at lot of teams can run and pass against them. They do have a hight scoring offense.

and if you been following MWC conference one sees that Boise and Tcu have been winners as the others have gone defeated, so i'm assuming that Air Force isn't have much better than their Wyoming or SD st. think MAC is better at this moment. I'll be putting my money on Toledo. I can't really use national rankings in defense and offense because it was misleading at times. Even though a team might seem good nationally one has to consider what division they're playing in that gets them that high, especially in MWC and others.
    Last edited by thfootball; 12-28-11 at 08:13 AM.

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Who is hurt on Toledo? I know they had some earlier in the year. Why is this only -3. Toledo could score on every drive. Toledo has way more speed and better athletes and will not take their foot off the gas. Plus they played a killer schedule. Toledo by 20.

madworld
    madworld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Beware of Air Force. They are a lot better than there record indicates. I think the line is perfect, and that is why it is a no bet, but if the money line gets up to +150 or more, I might put a little there for value.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Air Force is the much better team. They play in the Mid West Conf. alongside with TCU, Boise St and you can even throw in Wyoming. AF had a 3-4 conference record this season which isn't all that bad. AF also has the 2nd rushing offense in the entire Nation. There's really no reason to be taking a MAAC team by 3 here. Came could very well go either way but I like AF to win SU so I played the ML +145.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

The spread should be Toledo -7, so I'm not touching this game. Toledo is shady, don't trust them.

Take Texas in the late game.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4425

is the total to high at 70 ?

plc44
    plc44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 420

but toledo has a month to practice for an option offense...i haven't made a play yet, but definitely keep that in mind when making a play.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by plc44 View Post
    but toledo has a month to practice for an option offense...i haven't made a play yet, but definitely keep that in mind when making a play.

so you wanna trust a team that doesnt play d to all a sudden play disciplined assignment FB?

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4425

AF is not known for a high scoring team , 70 is alot lean the under for now

chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

air force basically shut down keenum' and houstons passing game last year, i figure they do the same hear, air force LARGE

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by chinoloco212 View Post
    air force basically shut down keenum' and houstons passing game last year, i figure they do the same hear, air force LARGE

believe that was 2 yrs ago, they played gtech last bowl season...d not nearly as good this season

70CoupeDeVille
    70CoupeDeVille's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 672

This total -- 70,71 -- is way too low. Air Force continues without key defensive personnel, lost to injury early season. Toledo is likely to post the highest team total of all bowl games. Toledo's had a month to prepare for the triple option, and they've been good against the run. AF will get its points, but not nearly enough. Toledo is +16 in turnovers, AF has coughed it up a lot this season. AF offense will have its successes and find the endzone, but not nearly enough. Biggest factor: Toledo's outstanding, very experienced O-line. This game goes over early with Toledo steadily increasing its lead. TOLEDO and OVER. (Weather in D.C. will be mild.)
    Last edited by 70CoupeDeVille; 12-28-11 at 03:29 AM.

johno35
    johno35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan View Post
    AF is not known for a high scoring team , 70 is alot lean the under for now
    AF has averaged over 34 points while Toledo has averaged over 42 points, I'm going Toledo and the over

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

plus wyoming lost to temple from mac in the first bowl game, wyoming is in the same division as air force, while toledo plays in the mac

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

All sorts of misled info here being distributed, anyone who watched Air Force play Boise neck to neck for pretty much 4 quarters knows AF is a dangerous team to underestimate. They were moving the ball on Boise well, they could potentially torch a Toledo defense that has been thrashed this season many times. AF also has a savvy veteran squad with much bowl experience and have been impressive in last 2 bowl wins.

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by chinoloco212 View Post
    Im undecided. AF was losing to Army 14-0 @ home at halftime before the finally rallied to a 10 point win. Army is horrible. Toledo almost beat Ohio State and lost to Syracuse on a BS extra point ruling. Additionally if you watched the Boise State game, they hung in there late. Boise added some style points at the end. People want to discredit the MAAC but I do not. Look at the Western Mich game yesterday. It took 2x onside kicks and a 99 yard kickoff return for Purdue to get the victory and WM had a chance to win at the end.

rockhardfister

From ESPN Insider - First time in a while these guys didn't pick the favorite

Scouts' Edge
    Toledo has been lighting up the scoreboard, averaging more than 50 points per contest in its final five games. However, Air Force has a strong combination of a 3-4 defense and an efficient ground attack that can eat up the clock and keep the Rockets' offense on the sideline. Watch for the Falcons to consistently move the ball and string together a few long drives early on. This will prevent Toledo from catching a rhythm and allow Air Force to get out to an early lead. Toledo will eventually be able to put points on the board, but the Falcons will answer with a few big plays through the air in the second half to slam the door and give them the victory.

Prediction: Falcons 35, Rockets 27

bartman
    bartman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

If you take out Toledos loss to Boise State, their other three losses were by a combined 11 points...... against pretty good teams. Im going Toledo and under, largely because three weeks is a pretty long time to figure out AF'S triple option....

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    Air Force is the much better team. They play in the Mid West Conf. alongside with TCU, Boise St and you can even throw in Wyoming. AF had a 3-4 conference record this season which isn't all that bad. AF also has the 2nd rushing offense in the entire Nation. There's really no reason to be taking a MAAC team by 3 here. Came could very well go either way but I like AF to win SU so I played the ML +145.
    Maybe man, who really knows. Im starting to think this is a bad match up for AF. Toledo is actually a run first, screen first team and AF weakness is their front seven. They are smallish / horrible against the run and have injuries up front. AF secondary is above average. Toledo on the other hand has a horrible secondary but they are very stout against the run. They didn't get many times to show it in the MAAC because every team is pass happy. Can AF exploit Toledo's weak secondary consistently? The triple option is great when teams only have 1x week to prepare but Toledo has had more time to focus on gap discipline. Tough game. Who do like in the Texas/Cal?

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

Quote Originally Posted by bartman View Post
    If you take out Toledos loss to Boise State, their other three losses were by a combined 11 points...... against pretty good teams. Im going Toledo and under, largely because three weeks is a pretty long time to figure out AF'S triple option....
    They got dominated by Boise st. and you want to take that out? AF happened to play Boise in Idaho do you know how close that games was? The pretty good teams we are talking about, does this include ohio st early on? Cuz if it does go get a clue.

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by ringemup View Post
    They got dominated by Boise st. and you want to take that out? AF happened to play Boise in Idaho do you know how close that games was? The pretty good teams we are talking about, does this include ohio st early on? Cuz if it does go get a clue.
    I watched that game and it was not a blowout. Toledo had a lot of injuries going into that game and it was close midway through the 3rd QTR. Toledo had just played Ohio State and Syracuse. Boise went out of their way for style points in that game and ruined my cover.

milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

its the MAC, not MAAC. MAAC is a non football conference, with schools like iona, fairfield, sienna, marist, etc. If you dont know this, I would give up betting college football. If the 3 mistakes in this thread were all typos call me a grammar nazi, but im pretty sure at least one of the post's thought toledo was from the maac

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Take the under

Air Force runs the ball almost every play and they will eliminate the big plays on Toledo, making them throw middle range and to run the ball by doing all this the clock will run,run,run..

I'm on the under.

rockhardfister

Quote Originally Posted by milkncereal View Post
    its the MAC, not MAAC. MAAC is a non football conference, with schools like iona, fairfield, sienna, marist, etc. If you dont know this, I would give up betting college football. If the 3 mistakes in this thread were all typos call me a grammar nazi, but im pretty sure at least one of the post's thought toledo was from the maac
    LOL -- I always get these conferences screwed up. Live in upstate NY so im very familiar with the MAAC.