Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like Cal +3

This team has came on strong the last few games of the year and Maynard is playing well. Their D is also very stout and I don't see Texas doing much, their offense is pretty shaky.

Thinking of putting a few hub do on the +3 or the ML. What you guys think?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

like Cal as well...

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reports are Brown and Bergeron are anywhere from 75% to 100% but regardless both will play. To be totally honest if they both are 100% i see no way the Horns don't cover. Bergeron is the best kept secret in CF because of injuries, the kid is unreal and has been out for the longest due to a bad hammy. The Texas D has seen plenty of great QB's in the Big 12 and have a real chance to destroy Cal's qb.

Bengals28

Texas' offense sucks. Cal will load the box. No reason why Texas should be favored here.

DavieVegas
    DavieVegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

I like cal ML

Givemhell Horns

You can sure bet if we start this game down to our 4th string RB again we will not score many points. Yes, with our QB situation and no healthy Brown/Bergeron = a very poor offense.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Horns by 10+

DavieVegas

Lol what??? Horns offense is trash either way...this will be close buti like cal by 3 or 4

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2563

CAL is seeking REVENGE from 7 years ago when TEXAS knocked them out of Rose Bowl bid.

Like the BEARS +4!

EZ

Givemhell Horns

Quote Originally Posted by ezmoney View Post
    CAL is seeking REVENGE from 7 years ago when TEXAS knocked them out of Rose Bowl bid.

Like the BEARS +4!

EZ
    Cal really showed the country they got hosed getting spanked by 40 against Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl while the Horns went on to beat Michigan.

If there is one way to look at this game is that if Brown and Bergeron are full strength along with Shipley this game could actually get ugly. On the other hand if both B&B are not ready or by chance didn't even play this will still be a close game just because of the Texas D.

whatdafuxup
    whatdafuxup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 692

Cal's QB is way too inconsistent for me to take them here. Even with a shyte offense, I think UT wins and covers the spread.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

I expect a 27-14 type of game, Horns.

They can create good field position with their D and control the clock with their run game. Cal may have played well against Stanford, don't let it blind you, though.

DavieVegas

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    I expect a 27-14 type of game, Horns.

They can create good field position with their D and control the clock with their run game. Cal may have played well against Stanford, don't let it blind you, though.
    Blind us? That just means they step up. Also, bears have the same qb as they did vs Stanford and same defense. Horns have aweful losses..I like cal to step up tomorrow and horns continue the bad play. Can't turn it all around over night

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys betting Cal are betting against one of the best defenses in the country. Yes, Texas offense is a work in progress, but that won't matter after Maynard's third pick, setting up Texas in good field position each time. It should be a low scoring game, and Texas should win by double digits. Tease Texas and the under and take Texas on the spread.

Bengals28

Texas defense is overrated. Cal has a very balanced offense with a lot of playmakers. Texas defense got torched by all the good teams they played and the way Cal has been playing I expect no different.

DavieVegas

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    Texas defense is overrated. Cal has a very balanced offense with a lot of playmakers. Texas defense got torched by all the good teams they played and the way Cal has been playing I expect no different.
    As do I..

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22707

Go bears

robinhood

Sure, go ahead and bet that the pac 12 is better than the big 12. That's essentially the bet you're making.

SQUARE.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Like the BEARS +4!

EZ
    You think any of the current players/personnel even remembers that, they probably dont know or care.

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
    Sure, go ahead and bet that the pac 12 is better than the big 12. That's essentially the bet you're making.

SQUARE.
    WOW, this is the philosophy I used to have when I first started gambling. I used to tell myself, and convince myself things like SEC cant lose to a Pac 10 team, Big 12 will dominate a Mountain West team. Silly stuff like that. Lost a ton of money on bowl games with that kind of thinking when I first started out. Please be aware of this kind of train of thought

robinhood

Quote Originally Posted by SASH View Post
    WOW, this is the philosophy I used to have when I first started gambling. I used to tell myself, and convince myself things like SEC cant lose to a Pac 10 team, Big 12 will dominate a Mountain West team. Silly stuff like that. Lost a ton of money on bowl games with that kind of thinking when I first started out. Please be aware of this kind of train of thought
    I don't base my picks on conference strength only, but it does play a part. If you play better teams throughout the year, you become a better team. But no, I'm not blindly picking teams based on conference, just factoring it into the equation.

Texas matches well with Cal in my opinion. To be honest, I think the spread is fairly accurate, and it could fall on either side. To be safe, I'm teasing Texas with the under along with taking the spread.

BOL

Sacdaddy05
    Sacdaddy05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2610

I like the under in this game. But would also put small bet on horns also. This is going to be a defensive and running game. Also take under in air force game. Think its like 72 pts. Weather condition in DC are terrible with gust of wind in 40 mph range.

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

EZ

Nice reach, did LANG feed you that line on the daily video, or was it the 'expert analysis' ????

LOL if so this will be you if they lose all befuddled and downtrodden i cant understand they wanted PAYBACK

LANG'D
    Last edited by Ch Br; 12-28-11 at 09:21 AM.

Ch Br
    Ch Br's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by robinhood View Post

SQUARE.
    Lol, youre calling HIM A SQUARE for that logic ????????

Robinhood, by that logic one would that almost every QB in the league is inferior to Phillip Rivers this year.....

so the season would go like this:

vs Sanchez .. oh rivers shits on them, dirty sanchez is a choking pick 6 machine
    vs Cassell ... my man easily rolls, this guy is a glorified backup
    vs Palmer... this guy hasnt played all year, ill bet he throws picks like its his job
    vs Cutler... this guy is so inconsistent; my man RIVERS is a pro bowl touchdown factory
    vs Tebow... C'Mon man!!! this guy aint even a qb

how has that 'logic' been working out????

** disclaimer ** this is for fun as i do not know robinhood, but if ur gonna post things like that, be ready for the influx of similar type logic
    Last edited by Ch Br; 12-28-11 at 10:02 AM.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Cal big defensive front is more than capable of limiting tex run gm only allowing 3.8ypc, if tex has trouble running who in their right mind trust the ball in either of those qbs hands? hell it a small feat when they successfully handle the exchange from center.. no one can dispute tex front is very good at getting pressure on the qb, however i feel the secondary leaves something to be desired and Cal wrs will have plays to be made when Maynard has time whether in the pocket or created by scrambling around.. do worry about the bag of tricks the horns typically bring with them as this gm should be tight and a big gadget play or 2 could be the difference..either way id be really surprised if this gm wasnt much tighter than what the tex backers seem to be predicting..i gotta take the points and the team that comes in having played the better fb down the stretch..

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

This team has came on strong the last few games of the year and Maynard is playing well. Their D is also very stout and I don't see Texas doing much, their offense is pretty shaky.

Thinking of putting a few hub do on the +3 or the ML. What you guys think?
    RE: Texas "O".
    They struggled BADLY for 3-4 games, all top 4 RB's were out and WR Shipley was out. And QB (Ault?) was very woefully ineffective. 5 pts vs Missouri.
    Late in the season they switched to QB McCoy and Shipley came back in the end and so did the # 3 & # 4 RB's.
    I think the # 1 and or # 2 RB will be back for this bowl; not sure they will be 100% in shape.
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-28-11 at 09:50 AM.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

This is going to be a very defensive battle, I'd go with the under if anything.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

UT covers, they lost to all top 25 teams and beat up on UCLA who beat Cal down the stretch, Pac 12 is garbage minus USC, oregon and stanford

DavieVegas

Quote Originally Posted by isotopes View Post
    UT covers, they lost to all top 25 teams and beat up on UCLA who beat Cal down the stretch, Pac 12 is garbage minus USC, oregon and stanford
    LOL oh ya? You see Cal vs stanford? Exactly.

ezmoney
    ezmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2563

Guys,
    CAL has WON last 3 of 4 games, TEX has LOST last 3 of 4.
    Tedford better coach than buffoon Brown.
    Take CAL +3 and 1/2, line was 4 yesterday. Sharps saw the VALUE!

EZ

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread tells me the Under is solid cash....................

Gamblin'Machi
    Gamblin'Machi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Like the BEARS +4!

EZ
    Revenge from 7 years ago?? C'MON MAN!!

Half these kids have no idea what happened 7 years ago. Things that happened that long ago are completely irrelevant. That is no reason to take the Bears

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

This is easy... when in doubt ALWAYS take the points

GREGREEK
    GREGREEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Under is the play here!

Blood Drake
    Blood Drake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

I am confused....why does everyone say that Texas has such a better defense? ESPN keeps saying that they give up 300+ yards which is 14th best in the country. However, they also give up 23 points per game. Cal only gives up 24 points per game. Both teams played against high scoring offenses (Oregon, Baylor, Stanford, etc.) and got their clocks cleaned. Therefore, I think this game is going to come down to scoring and field position. I am still undecided....I am leaning towards Texas because of their running game, but I don't know if they can cover. I think a last minute drive by Cal puts them within a field goal. Texas 27 Cal 24

12 Last