Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Bowl picks and write ups

I've only played one bowl game this year so far and it was Ohio -1.5 but this is where I'll keep track of my plays for the bowl season.. First bowl up: Beef 'O' Brady Bowl FIU 8-4 vs Marshall 6-6

FIU -4 & ML
    Marshall comes into the game as a 6-6 team, barely bowl eligible and FIU comes in with their best record in the school's short football history. I see FIU winning by at least a TD here as they have a smart and talented QB/WR combo with Carroll and Hilton. Offensively, their numbers aren't amazing by any means, they average 219 passing per game/ 150 rush yards per game but they are balanced at least. FIU also has a pretty solid offensive line from what I've seen and they can protect Carrol and control the clock on the ground. The D gives up only 19 PPG and only 120 ypg on the ground. FIU holds a +5 turnover margin. They hold opponents to just 35% 3rd conversion. For Marshall, they are the less penalized team by far (64 total penalties vs 97) and also have 9 more turnovers forced on defense. However, their offense has turned the ball over 26 times leaving them with a +2 margin. They also scored 87% in the redzone but only average 212 passing yards per game and 123 rushing yards per game. I think FIU wins by at least a TD here and the only way Marshall can pull off the win is by forcing some timely turnovers and winning the penalty battle. This game is also being played in FLORIDA so there should be plenty of FIU love down there.

Good Luck

Dom177

Record 0-2...damn

Last night sucked, I figured FIU would put up more than 10 points and that Hilton wouldn't run the ball like a fukkin idiot...anyways:

TCU vs LA Tech
    -Can't really figure out the line on this one, it's set at TCU -9 right now and I'm sure they will win by 10 but LA Tech is not a slouch. I'm going to put it in a 7 pt teaser so TCU -3 and o49. I'm seeing this as TCU scoring at least 27 and Tech to score at least 21-24. Should be a more exciting game than last night though!
    Last edited by Dom177; 12-21-11 at 04:21 PM.

Dom177

Record 1-2
    Winner last night thanks to TCU coming back and winning..i'm not really going to look too much into the game tonight, I hate Boise and AZ State sucks. I am putting Boise into a little teaser tonight though so Boise -4/Indy Hou u50/Hou +3