Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Georgia Tech Season Total

I'm leaning towards the over 7 +133 at Pinny. I think that 7 wins is likely the worst the Yellow Jackets finish with. ***EDIT*** I swear the line moved as I was posting this...Pinny now has it at +122

Wins
    Samford, Troy, Virginia, Maryland, @NCST, @UNC, and Duke (although the road games against the Carolina schools won't be gimmies)

Losses
    Miami, @Georgia, @Va Tech (I think I'm being a bit conversative here as I think they likely win one of these)

Toss Ups
    Notre Dame, @Clemson (I also believe they get one of these)

GT's 2006 Schedule
    9/2 Notre Dame
    9/9 Samford
    9/16 Troy
    9/21 Virginia
    9/30 at Virginia Tech
    10/7 Maryland
    10/21 at Clemson
    10/28 Miami
    11/4 at NC State
    11/11 at North Carolina
    11/18 Duke
    11/25 at Georgia
    Last edited by Wassymac; 08-02-06 at 10:49 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't think i could bet over 7 on this team myself.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, I think they start out 4-0. After that, I don't know, but I'd much rather play the over than the under, especially at + odds.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

As a GT alum and a regular follower of GT football, I think that pinny number is solid. You've got the losses right and the winnable games are right as well. They'll probably win 6 out of the 7 winnable games. And maybe have a decent shot at beating ND or Clemson. (They should be small dogs in both games.) So all in all looks to be about a 7 win season for the Yellow Jackets.

Although GT has a stout defense their offense needs to make strides. They lost both their starting backs and their only playmaker is WR Calvin Johnson. QB Reggie Ball has been the starter ever since his freshman year and looked great that year showing a lot of potential but has failed to really improve the past two years. So I don't expect him to show signs of mprovement any his final year.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Thats what I was after and what this forum is all about...some other opinions. I do believe 7 is the most likely number but I just don't see them coming under that...and at plus money I like the odds.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

That's a damn tough schedule they play. Troy, Samford and Duke are gimmies but every other game will be a battle that could go either way. I really don't think they will beat Clemson or ND. I think they will get lucky to reach the seven mark. But don't let my opinion dissuade you ... I am not dialed into the ACC or SEC ... YET -- I am moving to Warner-Robins in a month, so I am hoping to attend a game or two and get a better feel for these southeast teams.