bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State WR Ted Ginn Jr. ?

he's a very talented player, there's no questioning that. I do sort of wonder whether or not the loss of Holmes will hurt him much, though. That makes him the clear-cut No. 1 receiver, and while the article seems to suggest that he'll be able to handle that role, I still want to reserve judgment until I see him step onto the field.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

He'll be alright. Everytime I watch him play, I keep thinking someone is going to catch him and knock him out for the season, but no one ever seems to really hit him hard.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

this kid sure did look increadable last year razz. i just really question his talent without Holmes though.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he's the single most electrifying player in the game (with all due respect to A.P. and Calvin Johnson)...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Blue Ribbon Yearbook.

The return of junior Ted Ginn, Jr. (6-0, 175) eases some of Ohio State's pain. Ginn was second to Holmes in receptions last season, grabbing 51 passes for 804 yards and four touchdowns.

Considered a Heisman candidate early in the season, Ginn wasn't able to match the overwhelming expectations. But he has another chance. Without Holmes, he could be in for a huge season. And he could be looking to the NFL draft next spring.

"The one thing we tried to do this spring was get Teddy involved in a lot of different positions as a receiver," Daniels said. "Having Santonio was a real blessing because you could overload with three receivers on one side and put Santonio by himself. Now what's a defense do? They've got a problem."

Ginn was at his best late in the season, pulling down 17 passes in the final two games. Though he will get extra attention from opposing defenses, he figures to be a constant target for Smith.