bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn

Is there a player in college football under more pressure in 2006 than Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn? He's one of if not the top candidate for the Heisman Trophy this season, and national championship expectations surround his team. Quinn was lights out in 2005, completing nearly 65% of his passes for over 3,900 yards, 32 touchdowns to 7 INTs and a 158.40 passer rating. He's also had three relatively healthy seasons at Notre Dame, too, which means that the law of averages suggests that he might be due for an injury. So, can Quinn survive possible injury and high expectations to deliver another record-breaking season in 2006?

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Probably. ND will compete for a national championship. They are that good.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    They'll need to locate a defense for aspirations as high as that. I think its likely they are out of the NC hunt after the first month of the season.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

He'll put up huge numbers, but as bad as that defense is, combined with the tough schedule, he has to perfect almost all season for Notre Dame to be a top 10 team.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOL LOLLOLLOL

LOL

LOL

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Are you ok Iset? From that post, Im sure you fell off your chair. I hope the keyboard didnt fall of the desk and pop you in the head.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I did fall off my chair but the keyboard stayed in place. It's probably worth more than my head anyway so I'm real careful with it. Maybe if I had a Notre Dame education I'd be able to figure out how in the hell they'll be competing for a national championship. Just like the earthworm is incapable of grasping Hume, I too fall short in comprehending such miracles.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't know bud, only time will tell. although, i see them screwing up along the way somehow.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Legit...thought that since I watched him play as a true freshman...Notre Dame's D will probably prevent him from getting the heisman, but he'll put up heisman like numbers...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Blue Ribbon Yearbook.

Senior quarterback Brady Quinn (6-4, 231) was one of the most improved players in the country last season, throwing for 3,919 yards, 32 touchdowns and just seven interceptions. Quinn credits Weis with bringing his game to another level.

"He's a great teacher. He's taught me so many things about how to run an offense and be a leader," Quinn said. "A lot of things he learned in the NFL, he's brought to Notre Dame to teach me."

Quinn looked a lot like another Weis student, Tom Brady of the New England Patriots, most of last season and surprised many by not declaring for the 2006 NFL draft. When asked why he decided to return to South Bend rather than play on Sundays this fall, Quinn cited the chance to learn further from Weis, the chance to win the national championship, and the chance to win a Heisman Trophy as reasons.

The old-school Weis thinks the individual awards go hand in hand with team success.

"If he wins the Heisman Trophy, then that probably means that we'll be playing for the national championship,'' Weis said.

With Quinn at the controls and much more comfortable in his second season of running Weis' system, Notre Dame will have one of the nation's most feared offenses. In 2005, Quinn set single-season Notre Dame records in attempts (450), completions (292), passing yards (3.919), passing yards per game (326.6), touchdown passes (32) and completion percentage (64.5 percent).

"One of the biggest things about our offense is that it plays to your strengths," said Quinn. "Coach Weis isn't going to ask us to do things outside of ourselves."

Weis has made no secret that he expects Quinn to be the unquestioned leader for the Irish, just as he expected that of Brady, a two-time Super Bowl MVP, in New England. "You don't have very many quarterbacks that fall into that category that are 'all-day tough,'" Weis said. "Well, [Quinn] obviously is one of them. Once you take that ingredient, then you have to find out what the key components are that he does as a quarterback. Is he intelligent? Yes. Does he have arm strength? Yes. Does he have touch? Yes. …

"But the most important element of a quarterback, without a doubt, is his leadership ability. And the fact that the team voted for him as a junior and a senior to be the offensive captain, it obviously tells me what the team thinks of his leadership ability."