bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oak ST. QB Bobby Reid

Looks like Reid is indeed the guy, according to Street & Smiths. The 6-3, 225 pound sophomore is set to start, says the magazine... "Throwing... will be Bobby Reid, who missed more than half of last season with an injured foot and watched the offense plummet to No. 93 nationally." If Reid is healthy, can be help the Cowboys offense rebound?

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

No.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

actually crackerjack, I think it can a little...Reid is the best passing QB they have (still dissapointed they moved Donovan Woods to safety, but oh well)...Hamilton's a good RB, but lacks breakaway spead and D'Juan Woods is a legit threat at QB...I like coach Gundy too...they won't be a ton better, but they'll be more productive on offense for sure...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think it's all going to depend on how well the team responds right out of the gate.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Blue Ribbon Yearbook.

The arrival of Bobby Reid (6-3, 225) was eagerly anticipated by OSU's fans, but injuries and youth led to a redshirt season in 2004 and in '05, shortly after he won the starting job from Donovan Woods early in the season, he suffered three dislocated toes and wound up playing only seven games and starting just three.

In that small sample, Reid's production was sub-par. He completed only 48 percent of his passes for 602 yards and threw more interceptions (four) than touchdown passes (two). And while he is still very much the focus of the OSU offense, there's now a nagging concern as to how much of last year's shaky performance had to do with the injury.

Reid tried to answer that concern by seizing the starting job convincingly in spring practice -- Woods was no longer a competitor, having moved to safety. He finished with a decent performance in the spring game, completing 12-of-22 passes for 248 yards and three touchdowns, but he also threw two interceptions.

Still, Reid said he understands the system much better now and expects that to translate into better numbers in 2006.

"It's like night and day for me right now," he said after the spring game. "The game has started to slow down for me a lot more. Last year, it was tough with the new system and once I started to get comfortable, I got hurt. There is still work to do, but I feel like I had a good spring.

"Things went left and right, but that's all behind me. It's a new year, a new team and a new focus."

For Gundy, one of the most comforting aspects of Reid's spring performance was his mobility. He showed no lingering effects of his foot injury and was able to get outside of the pass rush to make plays.

"One of the things I was pleased with today was Bobby's ability to move out of the pocket and throw the ball down the field effectively," Gundy said after the spring game. "There were times last year he had chances to do that and he didn't do it. He'd overthrow the guy. He moved out of the pocket some today and hit some receivers for big plays, and that will happen with him because of his ability to run."