Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Bottomline boys:

The rules of the BCS were known before this season started.

Every team played their scheduled games (most made a few years back)

No one is saying any BCS rules were broken however a few are wanting to change the rules in midstream

#1 will be playing #2 as the BCS was designed

Any other argument[s] is specious

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    the problem now is you want to go with indirect evidence...ok so why isn't houston and boise in your national championship debate?
    boise should be in it...i think they lost because their kicker sucked too. if bama gets a re-do then boise should too. they didn't mean to lose the first time...and we will just count it as a win for boise if they win the rematch. tcu doesn't deserve the first win if they can't do it again. it isn't ******* h-o-r-s-e man.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

no rules are being changed.

alabama isn't the second best team in the country. there is no solid proof they are. only proof they aren't the best.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    no rules are being changed.

alabama isn't the second best team in the country. there is no solid proof they are. only proof they aren't the best.
    Good thing your opinion on who the second best team is doesn't mean anything.

antifoil
    Update your status

you are helping prove my point by using the word opinion.

Sam Odom

alabama isn't the second best team in the country.

That is YOUR opinion

However the method used by the BCS says otherwise

Bama is #2 according to:

AP Poll - USA/Coaches Poll - Harris Poll - 2/6 Computer Rankings

I will take them ^ over any anon poster

antifoil
    Update your status

those polls are just opinions like mine. they are not objective. all the voters have agendas.

if you want no opinion you should look at the computer ratings.

you guys are helping prove my point.

thanks.

Sam Odom

those polls are just opinions like mine. they are not objective. all the voters have agendas.

Too bad antifold's opinion isnt used by the BCS

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

you mean the losses on the field like LSU 9 alabama 6?

LSU took care of alabama.

it seems the mentality has taken root in the alabama fans mind. bama fans have no accountability. mulligans.

Everywhere I go I run into Alabama fans. Seems like everyone who is a fan of college football is a Bama fan.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

Too bad antifold's opinion isnt used by the BCS
    Yep. This is like that guy yesterday who said Alabama won't be the real champion if they win lol, I think these people actually believe that because it's there opinion it makes it a fact.

antifoil
    Update your status

their opinion you mean?

similarly just because the voters of the polls but bama number two dosen't make them a better team than okla state. if you are truly concerned about facts and opinions.

zsr

their opinion you mean?

similarly just because the voters of the polls but bama number two dosen't make them a better team than okla state. if you are truly concerned about facts and opinions.
    Idk what your point is here? A playoff is the only way to solve this, a playoff isn't going to happen anytime soon. So your opinion or my opinion doesn't mean anything, all we have is the bcs, and it says Alabama is number 2. That's it.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Virginia Tech made a BCS bowl. Boise State travels better so that can't be the argument. More people are familiar with Kellen Moore and would watch. It is all dirty politics and stupidity here and I am checking out of college football.

antifoil
    Update your status

oh i was talking to the other guy who said the BCS did its job and has the two best team playing, but that is just not true.

you can't have opinion information when deciding on what is truly the best two of something.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post

So your opinion or my opinion doesn't mean anything, all we have is the bcs, and it says Alabama is number 2. That's it.

True! That was the reason behind this thread. These posters like antifold are spoiled brats and since they cant have their way they are whining and crying about the mean old establishment (BCS)

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Bottomline boys:

The rules of the BCS were known before this season started.

Every team played their scheduled games (most made a few years back)

No one is saying any BCS rules were broken however a few are wanting to change the rules in midstream

#1 will be playing #2 as the BCS was designed

Any other argument[s] is specious

not me bro. i already said i didn't give a shit about this year. proud of my team for what they have done, and will do to stanford...and we will have 2 trophies. my posts are not meant to cry about ostate not being in the nc THIS YEAR...but instead pointing out a terrible system that needs to be fixed for FUTURE seasons. the results are what they are...but pointing to the things about the matchup this year and demanding something better is important. bama is getting screwed too man, by the system. i seriously don't care who wins as a fan, and will prolly only watch it if i have money on it. the point i was making about 70% of the country not feeling it is the right game, and the opinion of an ap voter that there is no way bama can earn a legit title now...they speak to the need of changes for the future.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

The BCS Championship isn't a real championship. It's known as a Mythical National Championship for a reason. The NCAA doesn't recognize football "champions" of the Bowl Subdivision.

These two teams are only the top two teams based on votes and computer rankings. No one can state definitively that either would beat OKlahoma State. That's the only certainty. If anything, LSU is the only one getting shafted. They should be crowned champs immediately...

zsr

Lol at sandman spewing off random numbers to help his argument and ending every crybaby post with, I'm not complaining guess what pal, your opinion means jack shit. The funniest part is the sec voted to change the system, and the big 12 voted against it. Now there whining about what they wanted.
    Last edited by zsr; 12-05-11 at 08:23 PM.

First 12