BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Alabama only has three wins over teams with a winning record?? LMAO.

Even their OOC schedule sucks.

Kent State
    North Texas
    Georgia Southern

Are you kidding me?

Even the teams OSU played OOC have decent records.

Tulsa 8-4
    La. Lafayette 8-4

OSU won the Big 12 conference and beat 7 teams with a winning record including 3 ranked teams on the road.

Bama didn't even win their division, beat 3 teams with a winning record, and beat one ranked team at home.

People are giving Bama a free pass just because they play in a supposedly good conference when the truth is the SEC sucks outside of the top 1/3 of the league. Their best win is a home against an Arkansas team that had to come from double digits down in the second half against teams like Ole Miss, Vandy, and Texa A&M.

OSU would have awesome defensive stats if they plays suck ass teams like Ole Miss, Miss. State, Kentucky, Vandy, Tenn., Florida, Ga. Southern, Kent State, North Texas, etc.

The voters think Bama is good but they also though OU was #1 heading into the season.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would you bet on OK state st8 up over Bama?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Would you bet on OK state st8 up over Bama?
    Maybe.

I definitely know I would bet LSU straight up since LSU already beat them and won their conference.

LSU should decline the invite since they already beat Alabama and won the division and conference Alabama plays in. What are voters going to do then?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Nothing new here. Everyone knows that there is a huge bias for the SEC, especially in the media. ESPN/ABC, and CBS lead the way here. Upon closer examination, 'Bama has played 4 teams with winning records. They are Penn State (9), LSU (13), Arkansas (10), and Auburn (7). They also played three teams who had 6-6 seasons, those being Miss. State, Vandy, and Florida. There is no question that Okie State's schedule was much tougher. It will be interesting to see what the BCS does. With Okie State's big win last last night, coupled with Va. Techs loss (Va. Tech was ahead of Okie State in the human polls), can Okie State gain enough ground to pass 'Bama? Does the BCS dare invite a major investigation by allowing a team who did not even win their division (much less their conference) and lost to the team is definately in that game, a rematch over a team that won their Conference?

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Nothing new here. Everyone knows that there is a huge bias for the SEC, especially in the media. ESPN/ABC, and CBS lead the way here. Upon closer examination, 'Bama has played 4 teams with winning records. They are Penn State (9), LSU (13), Arkansas (10), and Auburn (7). They also played three teams who had 6-6 seasons, those being Miss. State, Vandy, and Florida. There is no question that Okie State's schedule was much tougher. It will be interesting to see what the BCS does. With Okie State's big win last last night, coupled with Va. Techs loss (Va. Tech was ahead of Okie State in the human polls), can Okie State gain enough ground to pass 'Bama? Does the BCS dare invite a major investigation by allowing a team who did not even win their division (much less their conference) and lost to the team is definately in that game, a rematch over a team that won their Conference?
    It should go off of who you beat, not who you lose to. There is a reason Boise State can go undefeated and still not play for a title.

Bama has played 4 teams with a winning record but they have only beaten three teams with a winning record. OSU has beaten 7 plus OSU won their conference which is actually ranked #1 by the computers.

I'm sick of listening to all these idiot in the media saying things like Bama passes the "eye test". WTF does that even mean? I'm pretty sure OSU passes the eye test two seeing as how they have an NFL QB and the best WR in the nation.

Likewise, there are other teams like my Oklahoma Sooners that pass the eye test and that didn't get us far. All these moron's that are voting Bama #2 are the same people that voted my Sooners #1 in the pre-season.

Scalamanga
    Scalamanga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

I think you have to give the Cowboys a shot. Alabama had their chance on their own field and blew it. Its sad this even has to be a discussion. How can there even be a possibility of a national champion thats not even a conference champion?

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Maybe.

I definitely know I would bet LSU straight up since LSU already beat them and won their conference.

LSU should decline the invite since they already beat Alabama and won the division and conference Alabama plays in. What are voters going to do then?
    this is a stupid statement
    you are showing your true age
    LSu last national championship they had two losses both in over time
    its very fitting that Lsu will have to play alabama once again as Lsu claimed a shared national championship in 04 with two losses that were over time - they didnt count over time losses as losses so why should alabama

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by LINE-crush-ER View Post
    this is a stupid statement you are showing your true age LSu last national championship they had two losses both in over time its very fitting that Lsu will have to play alabama once again as Lsu claimed a shared national championship in 04 with two losses that were over time - they didnt count over time losses as losses so why should alabama
    Actually you look stupid since you don't even know what year LSU had to play those overtime games. It was 2007 and they lost at Kentucky and at home to Arkansas. In 2003 LSU lost at home to a .500 Florida team and still got to play for it all as well.

If they don't count overtime losses, then OSU's loss shouldn't count either.

Why is it ok to lose to Kentucky in overtime but it's not ok to lose to Iowa State in double overtime.

How about this. OSU is undefeated in regulation, undefeated in overtime, and has one loss in double overtime.

Bama is undefeated in regulation and has a loss in overtime. Bama didn't even win their division. They had their shot at home and pissed down their leg. What makes anyone think they have a shot in New Orleans? They haven't beaten anyone good all year.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe. I definitely know I would bet LSU straight up since LSU already beat them and won their conference. LSU should decline the invite since they already beat Alabama and won the division and conference Alabama plays in. What are voters going to do then?
    You just admitted Tide is better in your own word..............

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    You just admitted Tide is better in your own word..............
    But we don't know. Everyone thought Oklahoma was #1 heading into the year and they obviously aren't.

We do know that LSU is the best team in the SEC. We do know that LSU already beat Alabama on their home field. Why is Bama worthy of another chance when they already had one?

Their resume isn't good. They have only beaten three teams with a winning record. People are only putting them there because they "think" they are good. It's not based on what they have actually done.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Who cares who was #1 in the preseason poll? It makes no difference and has almost no bearing on where you finish. Taking into account where you were ranked before the season started and comparing it to the end of the season is kinda like wiping your ass before you $hit.
    Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Duke Fan
    Duke Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9801

Bama vs. LSU. Team notified about 45 minutes ago.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's official, alabama-lsu. best 2 teams in experts opinion.

blackbox
    Update your status
    blackbox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3229

BCS IN BED WITH sec

SamAceRothstein
    SamAceRothstein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Any idea what the line will be? anyone seen it or heard??

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by SamAceRothstein View Post
    Any idea what the line will be? anyone seen it or heard??
    yea, 5 dimes alabama +2.5 -110 total o/u 40 moneyline alabama +120 louisiana state -140

LINE-crush-ER

Actually you look stupid since you don't even know what year LSU had to play those overtime games. It was 2007 and they lost at Kentucky and at home to Arkansas. In 2003 LSU lost at home to a .500 Florida team and still got to play for it all as well.

If they don't count overtime losses, then OSU's loss shouldn't count either.

Why is it ok to lose to Kentucky in overtime but it's not ok to lose to Iowa State in double overtime.

How about this. OSU is undefeated in regulation, undefeated in overtime, and has one loss in double overtime.

Bama is undefeated in regulation and has a loss in overtime. Bama didn't even win their division. They had their shot at home and pissed down their leg. What makes anyone think they have a shot in New Orleans? They haven't beaten anyone good all year.

If you dont see the obvious difference between losing to Lsu in over time than Iowa State - your not worth my time

Looks like a lot of others also agreed with me

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

some really great clips from a cbs.com writer...

"Oklahoma State got screwed by voters, who are influenced by the two biggest television networks in college football...

It's an SEC thing. The SEC has been the best conference in football for years, a statement that is beyond dispute. As such, the SEC was assumed to be the best conference in football this year as well, when that is very much in dispute. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that is very much incorrect.

Because Alabama is in the SEC, and the networks love the SEC. They have reason to, given the top-dollar TV contracts given to the SEC, but it's more subtle than that. Familiarity breeds appreciation, which explains the unfathomably bad songs that make it into the Top 40. Why are they there? Because the radio plays them. Why does the radio play them? Because they're in the Top 40. It's a vicious cycle that has resulted in Katy Perry in your eardrums, and Alabama in your favorite bowl game.

Look, I was watching the same stuff you were watching Saturday. In the afternoon I saw one network show LSU's demolition of Georgia while its announcers lobbied for a BCS rematch of LSU and Alabama. And then in the evening I saw another network show Oklahoma State's demolition of Oklahoma while its ticker scrolled across the bottom of the screen with information about next month's BCS rematch between LSU and Alabama.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma State just scored again. And again. But no matter, because Oklahoma State was scoring against Oklahoma, and how good can Oklahoma be? After all, the Sooners aren't in the SEC. Georgia is, and Georgia went into the SEC title game on Saturday ranked ahead of Oklahoma in the Top 25 despite the fact Georgia hadn't beaten anybody in the Top 25 (while Oklahoma had defeated No. 16 Kansas State and No. 25 Florida State). Georgia had 10 victories, and that's a nice feat, but those 10 victories were against one Division I-AA team and nine unranked Division I-A teams with a combined record of 49-60. Sounds a lot like the resume of Southern Miss, but Southern Miss is in Conference USA. Which is why Southern Miss was ranked No. 24 on Saturday.

It's a cycle of stupid, and other than eliminating the BCS, I don't know how to get out of it. But this isn't right, giving Alabama the chance to do something it already failed at once, and failed at home no less. The Crimson Tide played LSU in Tuscaloosa on Nov. 5 and lost 9-6. I'm not saying Alabama can't beat LSU in New Orleans on Jan. 9 -- but Alabama already had its shot, at home, and lost.
    Why doesn't Oklahoma State get a shot at all?
    Because it's in the wrong conference.

Oklahoma State isn't in the SEC, and that's the only factor we need. And so Alabama will get a second shot at LSU while Oklahoma State won't get a first shot at LSU. That's your BCS title game: LSU-Alabama II.
    Katy Perry should sing the national anthem"...lol.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^

all that aside...congrat's to the kids on the bama team. they deserve it just as much as anyone else...and i know 99% of them are good kids, just poorly represented by a lot of the classless fans on this site. see i do think you can make a case for ostate...but it is not fair to take anything away from the bama kids. both really good teams, full of great kids i am sure...and both deserving of our respect. you see, i hate the joke espn is becoming, and i hate the joke that is the bcs...but nobody can take anything away from bama, or deny they will give lsu all they want. i shut the first "game of the century" this year off at halftime, and i may not even watch this one...but i do think it will be close, and the winner is deserving of the title.
    Last edited by sandman0713; 12-04-11 at 08:47 PM.
    Points Awarded:

ncsubowen gave sandman0713 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ncsubowen

LINE-crush-ER

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post

"Oklahoma State got screwed by voters, who are influenced by the two biggest television networks in college football...

It's an SEC thing. The SEC has been the best conference in football for years, a statement that is beyond dispute. As such, the SEC was assumed to be the best conference in football this year as well, when that is very much in dispute. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that is very much incorrect.

Because Alabama is in the SEC, and the networks love the SEC. They have reason to, given the top-dollar TV contracts given to the SEC, but it's more subtle than that. Familiarity breeds appreciation, which explains the unfathomably bad songs that make it into the Top 40. Why are they there? Because the radio plays them. Why does the radio play them? Because they're in the Top 40. It's a vicious cycle that has resulted in Katy Perry in your eardrums, and Alabama in your favorite bowl game.

Look, I was watching the same stuff you were watching Saturday. In the afternoon I saw one network show LSU's demolition of Georgia while its announcers lobbied for a BCS rematch of LSU and Alabama. And then in the evening I saw another network show Oklahoma State's demolition of Oklahoma while its ticker scrolled across the bottom of the screen with information about next month's BCS rematch between LSU and Alabama.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma State just scored again. And again. But no matter, because Oklahoma State was scoring against Oklahoma, and how good can Oklahoma be? After all, the Sooners aren't in the SEC. Georgia is, and Georgia went into the SEC title game on Saturday ranked ahead of Oklahoma in the Top 25 despite the fact Georgia hadn't beaten anybody in the Top 25 (while Oklahoma had defeated No. 16 Kansas State and No. 25 Florida State). Georgia had 10 victories, and that's a nice feat, but those 10 victories were against one Division I-AA team and nine unranked Division I-A teams with a combined record of 49-60. Sounds a lot like the resume of Southern Miss, but Southern Miss is in Conference USA. Which is why Southern Miss was ranked No. 24 on Saturday.

It's a cycle of stupid, and other than eliminating the BCS, I don't know how to get out of it. But this isn't right, giving Alabama the chance to do something it already failed at once, and failed at home no less. The Crimson Tide played LSU in Tuscaloosa on Nov. 5 and lost 9-6. I'm not saying Alabama can't beat LSU in New Orleans on Jan. 9 -- but Alabama already had its shot, at home, and lost.

Oklahoma State isn't in the SEC, and that's the only factor we need. And so Alabama will get a second shot at LSU while Oklahoma State won't get a first shot at LSU. That's your BCS title game: LSU-Alabama II.

all that aside...congrat's to the kids on the bama team. they deserve it just as much as anyone else...and i know 99% of them are good kids, just poorly represented by a lot of the classless fans on this site. see i do think you can make a case for ostate...but it is not fair to take anything away from the bama kids. both really good teams, full of great kids i am sure...and both deserving of our respect. you see, i hate the joke espn is becoming, and i hate the joke that is the bcs...but nobody can take anything away from bama, or deny they will give lsu all they want. i shut the first "game of the century" this year off at halftime, and i may not even watch this one...but i do think it will be close, and the winner is deserving of the title.
    that was a lot of time to waste = They would of gladly let Oregon - stanford or OSU play LSU over Alabama - they were looking for anything any reason - the fact is OSU lost to Iowa state - your clearly in denial to do all this work -

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Sandman,

In a perfect world with OSU and Bama both being deserving and close in the BCS they should have a play in game in 2 weeks to decide who played LSU Jan 9th and that would stop all the BS debating back and forth imo. I would definitely vote for that.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Sandman,

In a perfect world with OSU and Bama both being deserving and close in the BCS they should have a play in game in 2 weeks to decide who played LSU Jan 9th and that would stop all the BS debating back and forth imo. I would definitely vote for that.
    first...to linecrusher...it is not that much work to copy and paste an article someone else wrote. not in denial...and looking foward to okie state and stanford. doesn't change the points the dude made in his article, or make them any less true. it is past time for a playoff of some kind.

lyon...i know bro. like i said...congrat's to bama, and i know those kids deserve just as much as anyone. i found that article funny tho and wanted to share. "katy perry should sing the national anthem" is a good one...lol. no perfect answer outside of a playoff...and i hope this year at least has some people looking at it.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

who doesn't want to watch a rematch of the 9-6 thriller??? Bama lost at home, but they might play better on the road.

sandman0713

Sandman,

btw...i can say with almost 100% certainty that players on bama and ostate would be down for that...coaches would...fans would...and espn would, if they got their share of the $$$...lol. never gonna happen tho, so we are stuck with this every year.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

btw...i can say with almost 100% certainty that players on bama and ostate would be down for that...coaches would...fans would...and espn would, if they got their share of the $$$...lol. never gonna happen tho, so we are stuck with this every year.

The interest would be huge imo. Gundy said he wanted to match up against LSU's defense. LSU is better than Bama imo, but Bama's defense is just as good and it would be offense vs defense. The winner play in NC game against LSU and loser play in Tostitos BCS game.

sandman0713

The interest would be huge imo. Gundy said he wanted to match up against LSU's defense. LSU is better than Bama imo, but Bama's defense is just as good and it would be offense vs defense. The winner play in NC game against LSU and loser play in Tostitos BCS game.
    it would be fun man. fiesta made out bigtime in this deal...lol. stanford\ostate is gonna be huge ratings for sure...and okie state travels much better than one might think. i think we are capable of exploiting the somewhat slower stanford d, and hopefully getting our first bcs win. doubt we would have had much chance against lsu, but we will never know for certain now. i am not upset about our bowl tho...very excited actually. just upset with the coverage on the major networks, and the fact espn has become nothing more than a bunch of posers. i read this week there is actually a clause in the contract with texas saying ut can call for the removal of any espn employee they feel said something hurting the interest of the university of texas...or some bs like that. knowing that, and knowing about the multi-billion dollar contract they signed with the sec...i think anyone feeling they get fair coverage and honest opinions there are fooling theirselves. anyways...just the way of the world i guess. greed and $$$ rule the day for most people. looking to see who else is playing. i turned off the espn coverage before they actually announced it. someone here said va tech got in. if that is true then it is really sad.

gtboy
    gtboy's Avatar Become A Pro!

who care the shit. all talk no walk. that's why the commercial world keep getting rich. they don't care 1 shit what u think. come jan 1 u will be watching lsu vs ala, drinking a bud and enjoying ur little life. guys I am studying this shit right now. nothing personal. it is just the way the people r controlled. can't say more..........

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by gtboy View Post
    who care the shit. all talk no walk. that's why the commercial world keep getting rich. they don't care 1 shit what u think. come jan 1 u will be watching lsu vs ala, drinking a bud and enjoying ur little life. guys I am studying this shit right now. nothing personal. it is just the way the people r controlled. can't say more..........
    what day do they play? study some more...lol.

jjax107
    jjax107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

its not about tv, money, etc....let me keep it simple for yall the BCS matches the two best teams in the country...PERIOD. thats the system we have. if you dont like it, join a petition for playoff system but until this is what it is, stop wasting yalls energy talking about it

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by jjax107 View Post
    its not about tv, money, etc....let me keep it simple for yall the BCS matches the two best teams in the country...PERIOD. thats the system we have. if you dont like it, join a petition for playoff system but until this is what it is, stop wasting yalls energy talking about it
    are you serious with that? those are actually the two most important factors anybody who has anything to do with college football look at and consider before making any decision. the 2 most important factors in the college football world by a mile.

LINE-crush-ER

Sandman,

you know this is actually pretty reasonable
    In the future maybe they can put something like this in on a plus one for a team not seperated more than 50 or so points from 1-3 for a plus 1 /bye game or to be determined championship game
    Actually this might be the best idea I have heard towards a plus one

Smoke_O
    Smoke_O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

This season has shown me more then anything these conferences DO NOT CARE ABOUT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. They only care about consistent multi million dollar pay days! Thats it.

If thats how they feel....you as the consumer/fan should feel the same way and stop supporting this crooked piece of shit. This is nothing more then the WWE. If you dont go undefeated then you put your faith in the hands of SEC biased ESPN and CBS. SEC has really shown their hand this year. When Texas becomes relevent again ESPN will push their agenda HARD (ESPN and UT are partners in the Longhorn Network)

sandman0713
    Last edited by sandman0713; 12-05-11 at 12:27 AM.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=3375723

Read this. Big 12 gets what it deserves.......The SEC wanted a plus 1 in 2008.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

come on Big 12, if you want to be a top conference, win the games you are supposed to.

Iowa State.

If Bama loses to 6-6 Vandy they aren't even in the DISCUSSION.
    Okie State is lucky to even be in the top 5!

I'm not saying they shouldn't, because they are a top 5 team. 3 is generous though...

Bama was supposed to beat those teams and what did they do? They STOMPED THEM.

Only argument here?
    IOWA STATE.

Don't make excuses for your losses either. The whole "women's basketball coaches' plane crash" excuse is extremely farfetched.

You didn't see Arkansas making excuses after they lost their TIGHT END. The Sunday before the LSU game...
    or the Bama long snapper who lost his FIANCE..

End rant.

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by jjax107 View Post
    Are you a BCS employee? Even they know the system is flawed.

Among a handful of suggested format changes being considered by Bowl Championship Series members is an informal proposal that would radically change the structure of the BCS and significantly alter the major bowl selection process.
    According to sources with direct knowledge of meetings held in San Francisco earlier this week, the suggested change calls for the BCS to sever its direct ties with the so-called BCS bowls -- the Allstate Sugar Bowl, Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, Discover Orange Bowl and Rose Bowl Game presented by Vizio -- and concentrate solely on arranging a No. 1 vs. No. 2 national championship matchup.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...me-sources-say

12 Last