sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    come on Big 12, if you want to be a top conference, win the games you are supposed to.

Iowa State.

If Bama loses to 6-6 Vandy they aren't even in the DISCUSSION.
    Okie State is lucky to even be in the top 5!

I'm not saying they shouldn't, because they are a top 5 team. 3 is generous though...

Bama was supposed to beat those teams and what did they do? They STOMPED THEM.

Only argument here?
    IOWA STATE.

Don't make excuses for your losses either. The whole "women's basketball coaches' plane crash" excuse is extremely farfetched.

You didn't see Arkansas making excuses after they lost their TIGHT END. The Sunday before the LSU game...
    or the Bama long snapper who lost his FIANCE..

End rant.
    you are trash bro...clear as day. i don't see anyone here making that excuse. you want to use the loss of life to take a jab at ostate fans, or somehow verify bama deserves to be in the nc game? just the way you put it shows you are ******* stupid and biased. "the sunday before the lsu game" was almost a week. the long snapper lost his fiance before the season started. i doubt either of them would have cared much about playing a game that night. i am also willing to bet both would call you garbage as well for using a good man's death...who had a wife and 3 kids...to jab at ostate fans. sorry bro...but that is weak. actually does more to comfirm the opinion of the other 80% of the country about stupid sec fans than it does to make your point. accept this as truth...fair or not.

at least 70% of the country feels there is more than one team deserving to play in the nc against lsu

articles all over the place about the blatant espn and cbs bias, based on the huge espn contract with the sec and the bcs bowls on espn now...they are written by national media, and are the majority opinion. espn has tried to stir up questions about the bcs every ******* year since it has been formed, even when there was no debate really...but now they have the rights to the game it is completely solid and 100% without question.

most people in this country have no desire to see this game again, and it will likely be the lowest rated in the bcs era. that doesn't matter?...i promise you it will to espn if they don't get their ratings, and it will spell the last time it happens...regardless of what the bcs system says.

ostate will be holding up 2 trophies this year most likely, and bama will be sporting 0. think about that before you talk about this school or call these kids losers. maybe they can have some shirts made that say #2...because that is as good as it gets for bama fans this year.

i have tried to be nice during all this, but the level of stupid and hatred just keeps going up. so now i will join the majority and mock this game as what it is in the opinion of most...

might as well be a ******* dick like most everyone else here.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

SEC and ACC are in bed with ESPN, which led to the downfall of the Big East. Oklahoma State's body of work is much more impressive than Alabama's. Both teams lost, who cares? Obviously, OK State is better than Iowa State. OK State was better than anyone on their TOUGHER schedule while Bama wasn't better than LSU. Is LSU better than OK State? Maybe, maybe not

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    you are trash bro...clear as day. i don't see anyone here making that excuse. you want to use the loss of life to take a jab at ostate fans, or somehow verify bama deserves to be in the nc game? just the way you put it shows you are ******* stupid and biased. "the sunday before the lsu game" was almost a week. the long snapper lost his fiance before the season started. i doubt either of them would have cared much about playing a game that night. i am also willing to bet both would call you garbage as well for using a good man's death...who had a wife and 3 kids...to jab at ostate fans. sorry bro...but that is weak. actually does more to comfirm the opinion of the other 80% of the country about stupid sec fans than it does to make your point. accept this as truth...fair or not.

at least 70% of the country feels there is more than one team deserving to play in the nc against lsu

articles all over the place about the blatant espn and cbs bias, based on the huge espn contract with the sec and the bcs bowls on espn now...they are written by national media, and are the majority opinion. espn has tried to stir up questions about the bcs every ******* year since it has been formed, even when there was no debate really...but now they have the rights to the game it is completely solid and 100% without question.

most people in this country have no desire to see this game again, and it will likely be the lowest rated in the bcs era. that doesn't matter?...i promise you it will to espn if they don't get their ratings, and it will spell the last time it happens...regardless of what the bcs system says.

ostate will be holding up 2 trophies this year most likely, and bama will be sporting 0. think about that before you talk about this school or call these kids losers. maybe they can have some shirts made that say #2...because that is as good as it gets for bama fans this year.

i have tried to be nice during all this, but the level of stupid and hatred just keeps going up. so now i will join the majority and mock this game as what it is in the opinion of most...

might as well be a ******* dick like most everyone else here.
    btw...save you bs response for me. i honestly don't care what you have to say...or anyone of the other stupid one-line solves everything responses from the jokers here. i won't be reading or posting in these threads anymore...so pointless. will use my plays thread for tracking, like i had planned when i started. i know there are a lot of stupid people in these forums, and i don't know why i even respond. get me banned or whatever dude...doesn't matter. good people here as well i respect...but stupid wins for sure. this ******* dude posts a picture of a ref wearing a horns jersey as some weak ass excuse for money lost...but mocks the loss of life as "farfetched"...lol.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 676

Iowa State

/thread

Take care of business as 4td favorites and there is no issue.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

so if OSU beat ISU but lost to Oklahoma this weekend (in a close game), they would be deserving? Makes ZERO ******* sense

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

that is the key to getting in the bcs national championship because of what the talking heads call the "eye test". you just need to play teams that aren't very good to fool the so called experts.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO

Was gonna talk about the plus 1, but I was beat to it
    Last edited by DA_MOSS; 12-05-11 at 03:41 PM.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by HoldEmHook!! View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...ark&id=3375723

Read this. Big 12 gets what it deserves.......The SEC wanted a plus 1 in 2008.
    Read it

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

well the suck-ass teams have a better win/loss record 84-61, vs OKST opponent win loss record 81-63. So blow smoke somewhere else.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    that is the key to getting in the bcs national championship because of what the talking heads call the "eye test". you just need to play teams that aren't very good to fool the so called experts.
    see my above post of opponents win/loss record

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    so if OSU beat ISU but lost to Oklahoma this weekend (in a close game), they would be deserving? Makes ZERO ******* sense
    Great point. All the arguments for Bama are weak.

If all that matters is who you lose to, then why isn't Stanford #3??? They lost to Oregon. They have a better lose. LMAO.

xbhessx
    xbhessx's Avatar Become A Pro!

My opinion:

If you want in the NC game, win all your games. Every team that won all it's games is in. If you can't do that, don't complain, because you left it up to the computers and voters to decide. If bama had beaten LSU, if OK St had beaten Iowa State, if Stanford had beaten Oregon, they'd be in. But they didn't. No team with a loss should claim it "deserves" it, or that it got screwed. They all had their shot and fell short.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

does anyone know if Alabama will have its secondary at full strength vs LSU? they looked pretty weak vs Auburn

no way that sunseri guy should be a starter

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by xbhessx View Post
    My opinion:

If you want in the NC game, win all your games. Every team that won all it's games is in. If you can't do that, don't complain, because you left it up to the computers and voters to decide. If bama had beaten LSU, if OK St had beaten Iowa State, if Stanford had beaten Oregon, they'd be in. But they didn't. No team with a loss should claim it "deserves" it, or that it got screwed. They all had their shot and fell short.
    Actually that's false. Even if you win all of your games you could get left out.

Just ask....

Utah twice
    Auburn
    Boise
    Etc.

BigDofBA

Houston would have been left out this year if they had gone undefeated. So it really doesn't matter.

People will argue that Houston should have been left put because of their schedule. If that's the case, why does Bama get a pass?

Their schedule sucked. Only 1/3 of the teams they played even had a winning record.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO

You just won't give it up will you? they lost as 28pt faves to a TERRIBLE ISU team. They don't deserve a shot at shit. And a win over an overrated Oklahoma team doesnt change that

/thread

BigDofBA

I'm arguing because the system sucks. This happened every year.

What did Bama do to deserve it? They didn't beat anyone besides Arkansas who is overrated.

Bama isn't even the best team in their division.

I've given tons of reasons why thy shouldn't get in. The only reason for them getting in is that they had a good loss. That's stupid.

So OSU would have been better off losing the conference to OU but beating Iowa State? Makes no sense.

In 2008 Bama was ranked #1 pretty much all season. They lost to Florida in the SEC championship and finished 11-1. They ended up getting blown out by mid-major Utah in their bowl game.

So an SEC power and supposedly top 5 team got blown out by a mid-major that the voters never gave a chance to play for a title.

Do you see how screwed up the system is?
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 12-06-11 at 12:33 PM.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO

What did OK State do to deserve it? Stanford? Oregon? Houston? etc....

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by DA_MOSS View Post
    What did OK State do to deserve it? Stanford? Oregon? Houston? etc....
    Won their conference.

Beat three top 15 teams.
    Beat 5 ranked teams.
    Beat 7 teams with a winning record.

Bama beat three teams with a winning record all year. Arkansas is the only team that is currerly ranked that they beat.

FYI, Iowa St. isnt terrible. They are an average team that was pumped up to play at home on national TV.

Had Bama played Iowa St., it would have been like the 4th best team they played.

Iowa St. Is going to a bowl game. It's not like they are Ole Miss, Tennessee, Ect.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO

I actually wish OK State would've gotten in. LSU may have won by 35

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by DA_MOSS View Post
    I actually wish OK State would've gotten in. LSU may have won by 35
    We will never know.

Instead we get to see them beat Bama again.

I'm sure people thought Bama was going to kill Utah in the Sugar Bowl as well.

SEC is overrated this year. The 2nd best team in the MWC blew out the SEC West champion this year.

It's a two team conference.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO

You mean East. LSU won the west. Overrated? Having the 1-3 teams in the BCS, 10 games into the season is overrated? Come on man. I understand homerism, but this made me laugh. They may not have been as strong as in the past, but far from overrated. I'll bet you 25 betpoints that the sec has a better bowl winning % than the Big 12

BigDofBA

I will take that bet.

I'm arguing that the system sucks. There is no consistency.

Team A doesn't get in because their loss isn't as good as Team Bs loss?

Shouldn't we go off what you acomplish?

LSU lost on the road to a mediocre Kentucky team and played for a title.

They also lost at home to a .500 Florda team and played for a title.

So Auburn can go 14-0 and win the SEC but have not shot and Bama gets a shot without even winning their division?

If Boise had played Bamas scheule
    And only lost to LSU, they wouldn't be in the game because their name is Boise. It's a beauty pageant.
    My team has benefited from the system and I still think it sucks.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO

Can't argue that. The system does suck 100%

First 12