smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

I think more of the serious gamblers believe Bama is still slightly better than LSU. When people talk about LSU being the best team ever, I think they are saying that LSU has put one of the best season's/resumes together of alltime when you look at their opponents and results up to date.

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Purely based on resume, LSU is likely the best team in history pending the NC win. No team has done what LSU has done. Take a look at current strength of schedule http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2011/Intern...games_cumm.pdf It's hard to argue that a team that goes undefeated with toughest schedule in FBS and has beaten six CURRENT top 25 teams (three in the top 6) is not the best team based on resume. Yes, they beat Bama in OT, but Bama is also a damn good team and LSU didn't play that great of a game. If you take out Alabama, LSU has beaten the other faced top 25 teams by an average of 26 points. I'm no saying LSU is the best team ever, but there is definitely an argument to be made.

LSU 23-Bama 17

oklahomaoutlaw
    BOOMER SOONER!
    oklahomaoutlaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The 2004 USC team was much better than this year's LSU team. There is really no comparison. Obviously a lot of you guys were not around back then to see what USC did to OU. The 2001 Miami team was also much better than this LSU team. So were a couple of Nebraska teams, especially the 71 team. So was the 1972 USC team. Unless you have seen them all play, you really cannot say, and I have seen every NC team since the 60's play. It is really hard to argue, but this LSU team, while very good, is not a Top 5 team of all time, and probably not a Top 10 team of all time.
    Great points BigdaddyQH and all very true LSU is a good team but in my opinion is 4 sure outside of the top 10 teams of all time easy. A team that has the 73rd ranked offense can't be one of the greatest teams of all time, but they may have one of the top defenses of all time maybe.

EddieMush
    In Seaweed we trust !!!
    EddieMush's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuntpuncher View Post
    Def. not even close to the best team ever.

They are the best team in college and bitch slapped Oregon

nice call
    the "best team in college" gets shut out in the championship game

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

what kind of moron would try to call a team the best team ever when they have shaky (at best) QB play?

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

SBR: The masters of hindsight

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

While there really was no reason to bump this thread, the fact is that it is another perfect example of people who know little of what they are talking about shooting their mouths off in a failed attempt to look "macho".

First 12