Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post

We are not talking about who is the better team.

Shouldn't the best 2 teams play for the BCS championship if anyway possible? Not just this yr...

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by KGambler View Post
    So should last year's 3 loss Alabama team have played in the title game? Because they were plenty damn good.

We are not talking about who is the better team.
    nope you're talking about nonsense. One loss in OT to the number 1 team in the country compared to losing to Iowa st. That is all there is to say about it. I hope Ok St does go, it will make the game bettable. I wouldn't touch an LSU bama rematch for gambling purposes, unless I was planning to take the under.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post

He was talking about Bama, not LSU...

Not sure if his statement was true or not, just clarifying what he meant.
    either way Alabama has beaten 23, 14, 12 and lost to number 1. Before tonight's game it was the same, 3 apiece. Either way, I's like to see OK St get there though just for something different.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

Shouldn't the best 2 teams play for the BCS championship if anyway possible? Not just this yr...
    No the teams who had the best year play for the title last year it was the 4th and 5th best teams in the country who played for it. TCU, Alabama and Wisconsin were all better on paper than Auburn and Oregon.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Bama gets in over Ok St it will really be a shame, Cowboys have the better overall resume, all that needs to be said.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    either way Alabama has beaten 23, 14, 12 and lost to number 1. Before tonight's game it was the same, 3 apiece. Either way, I's like to see OK St get there though just for something different.
    Are you sure on that Seer, I thought Ok St had 2 more wins over top 25 than Bama... I may be thinking of top 50 but thought it was top 25... either way I would like to see Cowboys get a shot.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    No the teams who had the best year play for the title last year it was the 4th and 5th best teams in the country who played for it. TCU, Alabama and Wisconsin were all better on paper than Auburn and Oregon.

"paper" I was not even thinking about paper. Aub beat Ala on the field last yr

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

the lost to LSU is a worse loss than okla st losing to iowa st under these circumstances.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post

Are you sure on that Seer, I thought Ok St had 2 more wins over top 25 than Bama... I may be thinking of top 50 but thought it was top 25... either way I would like to see Cowboys get a shot.
    I guess it depends on which rankings you look at. I looked at yahoo's schedules.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Either way the NC game will be controversial. 5 SEC winners in a row and a SEC v. SEC final this year. You never know what's going to happen when the rankings depend so heavily on polling.

I have a future on OK State so I have more to gain from it, but even with that aside, I don't want to see a rematch of a boring game.

antifoil
    Update your status

i hope it becomes really controversial by someone in the big 12 voting bama far down in the polls like that retard from dallas that voted michael young number 1 in the mvp ballot. that shit would be hilarious.

Sam Odom

Yeah , maybe someone in the SEC will leave OSt completely off their ballot , that would be real funny

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Either way the NC game will be controversial. 5 SEC winners in a row and a SEC v. SEC final this year. You never know what's going to happen when the rankings depend so heavily on polling.

I have a future on OK State so I have more to gain from it, but even with that aside, I don't want to see a rematch of a boring game.
    You thought the bama/lsu game was boring?? Idk, i love those defensive battles more then gimmick spread offenses that run bubble screen, bubble screen, slant, bubble screen, go route lol. The intensity was off the charts in that game.

nyyanks773
    nyyanks773's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

OK State lost to Iowa St, Bama lost to LSU, enough said

goldendome23
    goldendome23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not even a debate when it comes to resume's. OSU is 6-0 vs teams with a winning record with signature wins over Texas, Kansas State, Baylor, and Oklahoma. Alabama is 3-1 vs teams with a winning record with signature wins of Auburn, Arkansas, and Penn State. Not even close.

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by goldendome23 View Post
    Not even a debate when it comes to resume's. OSU is 6-0 vs teams with a winning record with signature wins over Texas, Kansas State, Baylor, and Oklahoma. Alabama is 3-1 vs teams with a winning record with signature wins of Auburn, Arkansas, and Penn State. Not even close.
    dude you're leaving out the punchline of your joke. Ok St lost to Iowa st. If you want to be a comedian you need to deliver the punch line.

zsr

Your forgetting the loss to iowa state...

antifoil
    Update your status

yeah but they didn't loss to LSU. that is all that matters.

i have a strict no mulligans policy in college football.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post

You thought the bama/lsu game was boring?? Idk, i love those defensive battles more then gimmick spread offenses that run bubble screen, bubble screen, slant, bubble screen, go route lol. The intensity was off the charts in that game.
    I agree. Is was intense because every play meant so much. In these score fest, individual plays don't mean as much. Just for something different though, OK St-LSU would be fine with me.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

lol, Oklahoma State lost to IOWA STATE and Alabama tied the #1 team in the country. OT is a bunch of random nonsense.

LSU and Alabama have proven that they are the two best teams in the country, and they're pretty evenly matched.

goldendome23

Yeah everybody already knows they lost to Iowa State, Just like we know Bama lost to LSU. If you are counting bad losses you also need to count quality wins too. Can't have one without the other. Everybody is disregarding OSU resume b/c of their loss to Iowa State, even though it is proven they've played a tougher schedule and have more quality wins.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    lol, Oklahoma State lost to IOWA STATE and Alabama tied the #1 team in the country. OT is a bunch of random nonsense.
    No Ok. St. tied them

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    I agree. Is was intense because every play meant so much. In these score fest, individual plays don't mean as much. Just for something different though, OK St-LSU would be fine with me.
    Yea i agree with you, i would kinda like to see if there spread could work against what is basically an NFL defense talent wise.

Sam Odom

The 'logic' of some posters is

Losing to the #1 undefeated team in OT is a worse loss than losing to a 6-6 team

zsr

I asked this in another thread earlier in the week when the OK state homers were raging too, if alabama lost to say ole miss or kentucky, and OK state lost to lsu, would you guys be arguing for bama to get in? I think alot of it is just dislike of the sec and people wanting to see OK state in the title game.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Bama had their chance at home. They don't deserve a rematch.

antifoil
    Update your status

it's air tight logic for college football under the BCS system.

you can't get past the most logical thing. bama lost to lsu which should eliminate them from playing lsu for a championship. this is not double elimination baseball tournament.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    No Ok. St. tied them
    OK, fair point.

So Alabama tied the #1 team in the country and Oklahoma State tied a mediocre Iowa State team.

Either way, not comparable.

Bottom line:

there is no true championship game in this BS system. But if you want to argue the two best seasons, it's LSU and Alabama.

goldendome23

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

LSU and Alabama have proven that they are the two best teams in the country, and they're pretty evenly matched.

Alabama hasn't really proved anything their schedule is super soft. Georgia Southern, North Texas, Kent State. Come on man.

Sam Odom

Lot of SEC hate or penis envy in the sports world

FindTheLock

If LSU> every team... than bama is the only team who was good enough on defense to keep it close. LSU will run over Ok St like tulsa did. Tulsa put up 33 on this OK st defense. Kansas St put up 45. Iowa St put up 37. The difference between all of those teams and LSU is the best defense in the country vs a gimmick offense. Oregon tried that already this season. They lost by 20 until LSU went into the prevent defense with their backups. I could argue that Oregon has a better defense than Ok St. too, but that doesn't make any difference. If you want to see a blow out then by all means let Ok St play LSU. If you want to see a legitimate national championship between the 2 best teams then bama LSU wins hands down. It's not even an argument if you know how easily LSU will kill Ok st.

goldendome23

You can't say one team is better than the other by just comparing their losses. You have to compare their quality wins too. That's all I'm saying.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

I hope Okla State actually gets in just because should be an interesting game but looking at resumes you cannot help but see...They lost to Iowa State. 6-6 lowly Iowa State, they lost as a 29 point favorite.

antifoil
    Update your status

it must be terrible playing golf with you guys with all the mulligans.

i didn't mean to hook that shot. can i get a re do?

zsr

You can't say one team is better than the other by just comparing their losses. You have to compare their quality wins too. That's all I'm saying.
    Arkansas> every team oklahoma state has beaten. Be fair to both teams here, ok state has good wins over oklahoma and kansas state, texas is not good, missouri is not good, texas a&m is meh. There all 6-6, 6-5. 7-5 if im not mistaken.

First 123 Last