Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

LSU averages close to 40 points a game

jjax107
    jjax107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Defense wins championships.
    and BAMA is ranked #1 DEFENSE in all categories. for the first time since oklahoma in 86

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I don't think anyone is arguing with you that their defense is awesome. That being said, their offense sucks and I don't want to watch a 9-6 national championship game that is nothing more than a FG kicking contest.

In addition, offense wins in the NFL. See the Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots. So defense doesn't always win.
    you have been on here all day long ranting and raving
    its simple - offenses are better against teams that dont have defense .
    Do you know what LSU did to an extremely healthy team in oregon with a bad quarterback
    SEC defense is so much greater
    I believe after watching Georgia play LSU and they have a great offense - that was the key on the voters to vote on a rematch - LSU would of killed OSU -

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Alabama's 1992 Champions had the worse offense of any champ I can remember. And they were undefeated

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Say what you want about their yardage, but they score points regardless. I have a friend who summed it up when he went to the game they played against Ole MS..."Halftime: LSU offense 21, LSU defense 14".

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I would definitely take either one of those teams over either LSU or Alabama this season.

LSU and Bama have great defenses and average at best offenses. I don't want to hear the BS about how many points LSU scores. Most of those come from their defense and special teams.

Two punt returns and a fumbled set up all of LSU's scoring tonight. They have two first downs the entire game so don't give me that crap about their offense being great. It's not.

Their offense may have 50 yards total. The 21 points is misleading.
    2 1st downs? Get your facts straight sir. 13 1st downs 11 in the 2H while rushing 35 times for 207 yds vs the 5th best defense in the country. If that Tex team from then played this yrs LSU or Bama, Vince Young would have never gotten a look from the NFL. These are both semi-pro defenses that are easily 14pts better than any other defense in the country. 6 BCS titles in a row for the best conference in the land. Don't hate, appreciate.

Bennett
    Bennett's Avatar Become A Pro!

Typical knee jerk America...

When will you guys realize that if you run the ball, stop the run, not have turnovers, get turnovers, and play lights out Def; you can win.. You can win in 1970, 1989, 2000, and 2011.

So they don't pass for 378 yards a game... So the F**K what? Give me a team that can run the ball for 200 yards a game any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

And like some have said; a 38.5 points a game average is 38.5 points; don't give a damn how they got there. If they scored 13 points a game; then you have an argument.

And by the way; if you are a running team; you are almost always a much more physical team. It's harder to be a running team than it is to be a throwing team; using smoke and mirrors to hide the fact you can't run..
    Last edited by Bennett; 12-06-11 at 11:47 AM.

First 12