firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Okie St -3.5 Discussion

Looking to make a large play on this game. Okie St is gonna look to make a statement as to why they should go to the BCS championship game. My only concern is that .5. I would normally buy the hook on key numbers like 3 & 7 but I'm wondering if it will go back to -3 before game time. IMO its likely to go the other way but I'm wondering what y'all think? Should I go ahead and get it and buy the hook, risk playing it at -3.5 or wait to see if it drops to -3?!? TIA

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    Looking to make a large play on this game. Okie St is gonna look to make a statement as to why they should go to the BCS championship game. My only concern is that .5. I would normally buy the hook on key numbers like 3 & 7 but I'm wondering if it will go back to -3 before game time. IMO its likely to go the other way but I'm wondering what y'all think? Should I go ahead and get it and buy th

e hook, risk playing it at -3.5 or wait to
    see if it drops to -3?!? TIA
    i am little puzzled by this line. Oklahoma os without Broyles cant see them putting up much of a fight. the only thing i can see is maybe the line is low bc Oklahoma owns Ok State historically. Oklahoma is taking the attitude we are about to put little brother in his place.

But all i got to say about that is Weeden to Blackmon all night long baby unstoppable.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?

Yeah I don't see Oklahoma being an offensive powerhouse. The only thing that worries me is Okie St laying an egg. I see that being the only way Oklahoma wins. Unfortunately we've seen Okie St lay an egg so it could happen again.

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

if you can buy the hook for less than 20 cents, thats the route i would go. Oklahoma has not looked good since broyles went down. I just feel much more comfortable at -3, just in case the game comes down to quinn sharp's leg.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by jds07v View Post
    if you can buy the hook for less than 20 cents, thats the route i would go. Oklahoma has not looked good since broyles went down. I just feel much more comfortable at -3, just in case the game comes down to quinn sharp's leg.
    You don't think the line comes back down to -3 before game time?

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

line is what it is i feel because vegas does something most here don't...check the weather. some people have made it clear they feel weeden can still zip balls around in rain\freezing rain and high winds...but i have watched way too many december games like this to believe it will not matter at all. you then have to try to compare the okie state running game to the running game of ou...okie state rarely uses their running game, while ou has lost it's best back for the year. injuries on the ou d as well make it hard to honestly compare the run d's. you have oklahoma coming in to give a fight, and feel they are being disrespected...i don't feel comfortable being behind the team "playing to show off for the voters"...or whatever was said. this will be a battle, as most feel ou is still more talented than ostate from top to bottom. the teams seem to be getting closer each year now, but ou does still own an edge in overall talent...and a huge edge in tradition and conference championships and this series. put all that together and i would say BUY THE HOOK...lol...you may need it.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by firehoyt View Post
    You don't think the line comes back down to -3 before game time?
    tough to say where a line will go sometimes...but my feeling is it goes the other way. ostate has been a public fav all year...and most echo the feeling in this thread about them playing to show voters something. this is gonna be an ugly and nasty game. ou really does have that additude like they want to show us a thing or two...and they are playing for a bcs bowl and a conference championship as well. there were some terrible things said by an ou fan on a call-in show after the plane crash that have been made pretty public, and a lot of pictures on facebook and such really putting down the ostate program in a shameful fashion...and i know ostate players have seen\heard these things. i would say the anger and fight will show up in this Rivalry again saturday for the first time in a long while...and it is honestly going to be a war.

sandman0713

btw...off the wall i know, but check this helmet ostate may wear for bedlam. much cooler than anything i have seen so far in their 300,000 combos...lol.

http://www.ktul.com/story/16172962/c...ore-for-bedlam

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Oklahoma ML

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

I think OSU will win this game pretty convincingly and then can start to kick them selves for losing to Iowa state -
    I hate it for them - OSU is a gift on the line this week -

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ponder this, the thing that seperates Oklahoma and Texas from the rest of the Big 12 is defense.
    90% of great high school players play offense.
    The Big 12 gets a lot of those, for sure!
    But only Oklahoma and Texas get the 4* and 5* defensive players, future NFL beef, and plenty of them.
    That applies nationally to Alabama, LSU, GA, FLA, Ohio State, USC, Penn St, plus a few others, it varies after them a bit.
    So the thing you have to realize is that Oklahoma has 11 players quality athletes on defense, a lot of future NFL beef, and OK St only has a few.
    OK St has a bye, and Landry Jones seems to be a tad off... and of course we know Broyles is out and OK's top RB has been out for awhile.
    But bear in mind that OK has 11 guys on defense every year... and if they play well and are fired up they could be the difference. Has OK St played a defense like this that also has some "O"?
    How many unheralded NFL players are there that were at OK, safeties (whatever) drafted in the 7th round.. and wound up playing in the NFL? All over the place!
    I have no opinion on the game. Yet. If so, it will just be a "lean". Just saying.
    Last edited by Serbone; 12-02-11 at 02:48 PM.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

I am on the Under due to the weather for Saturday. Also, I wouldn't be concerned if I were an OU backer, because the Sooners are deep (even without Broyles and others).

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?

The Okie St defense has a turnover margin of +16

Oklahoma turnover margin +1

Oklahoma State has a very opportune defense.

bosoxbruce
    bosoxbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    btw...off the wall i know, but check this helmet ostate may wear for bedlam. much cooler than anything i have seen so far in their 300,000 combos...lol.

http://www.ktul.com/story/16172962/c...ore-for-bedlam

heard the same rumor sandman...however i know it wont be that helmet, a guy on the OrangePower message board made that helmet up this summer ....it has no affiliation with the school at all. I do hope they bust out orange tops tho! just know it will not be that one in the pic. You gonna be at the game...im heading up tomorrow morn for a day at joes, then ill be in section 107

bosoxbruce
    bosoxbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

As for the game I would not let the weather factor much in your decision, we are hearing locally that the rain will be moved out by kick and the temps will be in the low 40's to high 30's(much like last year when the total went over 80)...Also hearing rumors today that Ronnell Lewis will play for OU(not sure how this is possible since it has only been 1 week since his MCL sprain) this could make a huge impact on the game if he plays and can be affective bc the key for Ou will be getting pressure on Weedon. Throughout weedon's career he has been a very average QB when he faces pressure early, However with two weeks to prepare I think State will be more than prepared for w/e the OU defense throws at them...I also agree with an earlier post, 3.5 is to low for this game,IMO this game is sooo much like the Duke/Ohio State bb game last tues, the only thing keeping this line under 8 is the name on the jersey... OU. OU has no choice but to play man in the secondary, they do not have enough talent in the secondary to commit two defenders to Blackmon and other corners and safeties are tremendously out matched vs Cooper, Moore, Harrison and Anderson. I fully expect Ou to come out in man, when that fails they will pull the extra man they put in the box to pressure weedon, and will try doubling Blackmon. At which point shit will get out of hand, state will pound the rock and then go over the top with play action. This is the first time I can ever remember OSU having better athletes than OU, this game will not be close 42-28 State.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by bosoxbruce View Post
    heard the same rumor sandman...however i know it wont be that helmet, a guy on the OrangePower message board made that helmet up this summer ....it has no affiliation with the school at all. I do hope they bust out orange tops tho! just know it will not be that one in the pic. You gonna be at the game...im heading up tomorrow morn for a day at joes, then ill be in section 107
    no man...taco dinner and a few friends...lol. you are gonna freeze your balls off. after all day at joes tho, i guess you'll be ok. have fun man...and i hope we kick their ass for once...lol.

Gmanpoke
    Gmanpoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

I live about 30 miles from the stadium. it's about 4 hour until kick off. It has not rained in about 3 hours. Sun in breaking through in the western sky.

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

oak st all night long!!!!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Burrito Syndicate let the squares push the total down to 68.....then placed a wager on the OVER in Bedlam...weather is fine

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Burrito Syndicate let the squares push the total down to 68.....then placed a wager on the OVER in Bedlam...weather is fine
    This

Over is the play in this game. It's going to be back and forth.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Okie St -3 now. If your gonna play the Cowboys play them now. It going to close at 3.5

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

Sooners gave up 450 yards passing to each of the top 10 passing teams they've faced this season against 2nd ranked offence, so even -3.5 will work

Sacamano
    Sacamano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

i would buy .5 points though

lonelynoob
    lonelynoob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

doesnt matter if ok st wins or loses tonight , they are going to be in the same bcs bowl game regardless .... lsu and bama are playing for the title .... with a fg spread the book is begging you to take ok st for some reason, so ill take the over ....

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by lonelynoob View Post
    doesnt matter if ok st wins or loses tonight , they are going to be in the same bcs bowl game regardless .... lsu and bama are playing for the title .... with a fg spread the book is begging you to take ok st for some reason, so ill take the over ....
    dam man...lol. if ou wins they take the bcs bid from the big 12. then ostate has to compete with michigan and the likes for an at-large they may or may not get. read a little before you post.

lonelynoob
    lonelynoob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

boone pickens has already made sure they get a top bcs game, thats a done deal so if ou does win, expect them to face boise in the came up short bowl, with ok st getting either wisc/mich st or stanford.... michigan wont get it this year because of mich st, i do read, quite a bit .... but im not going to be a smart ass and knock your opinions, we are all allowed to have them .... bol in whatever pick you make tonight

shocktopme
    shocktopme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 520

Goin big on it huh.....hmmmm...I know sooners have players out with injuries but they want nothing more than to ruin Cowboys run at a title....This game has Miss. St./Houston written all over it!!!!Good luck on whatever you play!!!

whatdafuxup
    whatdafuxup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 692

Quote Originally Posted by D3 Mighty Ducks View Post
    This

Over is the play in this game. It's going to be back and forth.
    Let's hope so bro.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

What about Ok State +.5 1Q for +120

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sooners will probably win.................

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I'm always baffled when people say they are extremely confident in a play and that want to go large yet they talk about buying half a point.

If you're so confident in the play, why does half a point make that much difference?

whatdafuxup
    whatdafuxup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 692

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm always baffled when people say they are extremely confident in a play and that want to go large yet they talk about buying half a point.

If you're so confident in the play, why does half a point make that much difference?
    Obviously you've never been burned by a half point. Gotta buy it. Those pesky hooks will break you everytime

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by whatdafuxup View Post
    Obviously you've never been burned by a half point. Gotta buy it. Those pesky hooks will break you everytime
    I have but I'm not a big advocate of buying points.

Likewise, if you're extremely confident in a play, why are you buying points in the first place? If you are buying points how confident can you be in it?

Personally, I think either OU wins or Oklahoma State cover 3.5. I don't think it will be decided by less than four points as I expect a lot of touchdowns and OU's kicker sucks.