Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barkley Would Stay at USC Under Old Rules

He would enjoy his Senior year and be 2013's #1 overall pick/get a huge contract.

Now I believe these guys want to clear their much crappier contract ASAP to get to the really big bucks. Although this can be a dangerous way of thinking, especially for a QB(so many variables).

Kind of a shame in that he would have got to have it both ways under the old structure.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Kind of a shame in that he would have got to have it both ways under the old structure.
    Yep - he wouldn't quite have been on Reggie Bush bank... but USC would have looked after him...

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

he will stay. he is gonna give us one more year and leave USC winning the NC and heisman.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Don't like to see College players stay too long. Go and get paid in the NFL before some freak college injury ruins your career without seeing a dime.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rumor here in la is his dad is pushing him pro

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

There is absolutely no guarentee he would have stayed under the "old system".

Kadinni

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Rumor here in la is his dad is pushing him pro
    not true lol. The chemistry he formed with woods and lee is kinda special. THose guys next year can be ALOT of fun to watch next year. He is already pretty financially stable and talking to him you get a sense he really isnt it for the money or that type of guy. If he leaves then he leaves but i really think he will stay

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Matt Leinart cost himself the #1 pick by coming back for his senior season chasing a second heisman.

I've gotta think thats not lost on Barkley, being that they're from the same school and all.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kadinni View Post
    not true lol. The chemistry he formed with woods and lee is kinda special. THose guys next year can be ALOT of fun to watch next year. He is already pretty financially stable and talking to him you get a sense he really isnt it for the money or that type of guy. If he leaves then he leaves but i really think he will stay
    um espn 710 beat writers who cover trojans and know barkleys family behind the scenes say his dad is pushing him pro ... Thats what they said on show i know his dad is well off they dont need,the money.... Taylor mays came back look what happened to him

teaserpleaser

he will stay. he is gonna give us one more year and leave USC winning the NC and heisman.
    Lol not true even lane is saying things at press conferences like he thinks matt is leaving.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

if kalil leaves barkley gone too.

has submitted evaluation papers to nfl and talked about having financial security, so returning seems like a long shot.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Number one pick money used to dwarf early-mid first money. Not so anymore.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Barkley & Kalil most likely will both go pro.............and who can blame them.

It'll take a little time but, SC will be fine at QB with Jesse Scroggins (6-3, 205) Cody Kessler (6-2, 220), and Max Wittek (6-4, 205). Somebody will step up and take over. Personally, I think it'll be Kessler. Guy is a natural born leader.

Kadinni

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Lol not true even lane is saying things at press conferences like he thinks matt is leaving.

I had inside scoop. He wants to win us a NC. He is a good guy ive talked a couple times with the guy.

teaserpleaser

I had inside scoop. He wants to win us a NC. He is a good guy ive talked a couple times with the guy.
    Not sure whats worse you waiting to bump this 3 week old thread (you actually remembered this thread lol wow) or you actually thinking you had inside info good guess good for me as I get to watch as I live in LA still laughing that as I check my posts you felt the need to respond 3 weeks later...