MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    How can you know if Bama is the 2nd best team? They had to play 2 real games this year... and lost one of them at home...

Have you actually studied the SEC? Take LSU, Ark and Bama out and evaluate the conference.... you cant claim UGA greatness because Boise treated them like rag dolls, you can't claim South Carolina because they are above average at best without Lattimore...

Kentucky, Tennessee, Vandy, Ole Miss, Florida, Miss St and Auburn.... would all have finished in the bottom 4 in the Big 12 this year...
    SC without Lattimore have won every game except for @Arkansas, they are a top 10 team in the country

Georgia keeps getting better as the season goes on......They are a top 15 team in the country

I guess we'll find out in bowl season how "down" the SEC really is......

SEC Doormat Vanderbilt just thrashed Wake Forest who is one of the better ACC teams, South Carolina just absolutely dominated Clemson who is playing for the ACC Title, LSU destroyed West Virginia (Big East champion) and Oregon (Pac 12 champion), Alabama dominated Penn State (A pretty good Big 10 team), Georgia beat up on Georgia Tech (A good ACC team), Arkansas beat Texas A&M.......etc

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ranman92 View Post
    Ill say they are the best 2, but bama lost at HOME, at NIGHT, and arent even in their conf championship game. Actually id love georgia to be sec champs to show what a joke college football is. Where 2 teams that werent even there own conference champs played in the title game. I really think u should have to be conf champs to make that game. The systems a joke, oregon made a few terrible plays or they beat lsu there needs 2 be a playoff and even though I know bama is 2nd best team, their inability to win their own conference means they shouldnt be in the title game.
    What if the 2 best teams are in the same division......its possible and probable this season

Shouldn't penalize the 2nd best team in the country for being in the same division as the best

ranman92
    ranman92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 70

I agree there the 2 best but the fact they dont even have 2 play 1 more game isnt right. Basically lsu is punished for beating bama. Because they beat bama they have to play an xtra game vs a georgia team thats been playing well. And who did bama even beat that was goid the entire year, arkansas and did they beat anyone else that is still currently in the top 25?

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Quote Originally Posted by ranman92 View Post
    I agree there the 2 best but the fact they dont even have 2 play 1 more game isnt right. Basically lsu is punished for beating bama. Because they beat bama they have to play an xtra game vs a georgia team thats been playing well. And who did bama even beat that was goid the entire year, arkansas and did they beat anyone else that is still currently in the top 25?
    You can only view LSU as being punished if no-one values the SEC championship. If no-one values the conference championships then the who structure of CFB needs to be changed.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Everyone claims that Alabama is the 2nd best team in the country, but why? What have they done to prove that they are the 2nd best team in the country? They have a total of three victories over teams with a winning record. Three. Ok. St. has more wins than that over teams that are in the current Top 25. Boise has beaten 7 teams with a winning record. This list goes on.

This Alabama team loses more than one game if they had to run the Big 12 gauntlet this season. Several Big 12 teams go into the LSU game undefeated if they played Bama's schedule this season.

Alabama is a good team but they're not the clear cut #2 that a lot of you make them out to be.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas
    Hotlanta Steam's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    Everyone claims that Alabama is the 2nd best team in the country, but why? What have they done to prove that they are the 2nd best team in the country? They have a total of three victories over teams with a winning record. Three. Ok. St. has more wins than that over teams that are in the current Top 25. Boise has beaten 7 teams with a winning record. This list goes on.

This Alabama team loses more than one game if they had to run the Big 12 gauntlet this season. Several Big 12 teams go into the LSU game undefeated if they played Bama's schedule this season.

Alabama is a good team but they're not the clear cut #2 that a lot of you make them out to be.
    This....

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    SC without Lattimore have won every game except for @Arkansas, they are a top 10 team in the country

Georgia keeps getting better as the season goes on......They are a top 15 team in the country

I guess we'll find out in bowl season how "down" the SEC really is......

SEC Doormat Vanderbilt just thrashed Wake Forest who is one of the better ACC teams, South Carolina just absolutely dominated Clemson who is playing for the ACC Title, LSU destroyed West Virginia (Big East champion) and Oregon (Pac 12 champion), Alabama dominated Penn State (A pretty good Big 10 team), Georgia beat up on Georgia Tech (A good ACC team), Arkansas beat Texas A&M.......etc
    LSU destroyed WVU and Oregon? No.. stupid turnovers destroyed WVU and Oregon... they combined for 900+ yards against the vaunted LSU defense... I believe there is something to be said for forcing turnovers obviously but there is also something to be said about taking care of the ball in a reasonable manner...

As for South Carolina... they scraped by crap Tennessee and Florida, beat Citadel and then played a Clemson team that officially quit during the 2nd half of the NC State game with a not fully healthy Sammy Watkins... watch Va Tech beat them by 30..

Vandy played great against Wake and that is one of the conferences best wins out of conference... I give props to the dores who could have easily been 9-3 with a little better luck this year...

Bennett
    Bennett's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlanta Steam View Post
    LSU destroyed WVU and Oregon? No.. stupid turnovers destroyed WVU and Oregon... they combined for 900+ yards against the vaunted LSU defense... I believe there is something to be said for forcing turnovers obviously but there is also something to be said about taking care of the ball in a reasonable manner...

As for South Carolina... they scraped by crap Tennessee and Florida, beat Citadel and then played a Clemson team that officially quit during the 2nd half of the NC State game with a not fully healthy Sammy Watkins... watch Va Tech beat them by 30..

Vandy played great against Wake and that is one of the conferences best wins out of conference... I give props to the dores who could have easily been 9-3 with a little better luck this year...
    You do realize they beat WV by 26, right? Since when are you penalized for giving up some yards?

And Oregon; held them to half of what they normally rush and score in every other game they have played... And beat them with a QB that wasn't even supposed to start.

And third; when do people start realizing that special teams are part of being a winning team? See Boise, Bama, and a ton of other teams that lose because of special teams. Not to mention; there is something to be said for turning the ball over because you are getting your face knocked off, stripped, blitzed, or any other number of plays that are made by a better team..

Always the argument, "well if this team didn't turn it over"... If they were a good team, they wouldn't turn it over... plus, maybe, just maybe, the other team is causing the turnovers.. LSU only leads the nation in turnover margin; must be by magic..
    Last edited by Bennett; 12-02-11 at 11:04 AM.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post

Big 12 is better than SEC?

Big12 drugs must be better than ours.

LSU and ALA are clearly better than everyone else.

After they play for the BCS "chumpionship" and the SEC claims a 6th BCS in a row, we'll rename it SEC vs world (notice small w) Championship.

Mo better blues
    Mo better blues's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can the Big 12 be better than the SEC? Oklahoma State lost to unranked Iowa State....Oklahoma lost to an unranked Texas Tech...and Texas lost to an unranked Kansas. But people think they have it tougher in the Big 12 than the SEC? Please...LSU is undefeated...Alabama lost by 3 in OT to #1 LSU and Arkansas lost to both the #1 and #2 teams...all the Big 12 teams that matter have lost to unranked teams except maybe Kansas State, I dont remember who they lost to. Its apples and oranges really. Oklahoma State would have 3-4 losses easily in the SEC...while LSU would still be undefeated in the Big 12.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Better Conference?

Last 5 BCS Champions

January 8, 2007 Florida

January 7, 2008 LSU

January 8, 2009 Florida

January 7, 2010 Alabama

January 10, 2011 Auburn

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by Mo better blues View Post
    Oklahoma State would have 3-4 losses easily in the SEC...while LSU would still be undefeated in the Big 12.
    This might be the dumbest post in the history of this forum and that is saying a lot...

Sagarin ratings below... BIG 12 by a wide margin when the entire conference is evaluated...

1 BIG 12 (A) = 84.89 84.01 ( 1) 10 84.32 ( 1)
    2 SOUTHEASTERN (A) = 80.21 80.87 ( 2) 12 80.57 ( 2)
    3 PAC-12 (A) = 75.80 76.42 ( 3) 12 76.17 ( 3)
    4 BIG TEN (A) = 75.66 75.05 ( 4) 12 75.35 ( 4)
    5 ATLANTIC COAST (A) = 72.18 72.00 ( 5) 12 72.02 ( 5)
    6 BIG EAST (A) = 71.80 71.82 ( 6) 8 71.82 ( 6)
    7 I-A INDEPENDENTS (A) = 70.81 70.81 ( 7) 4 70.81 ( 7)
    8 MOUNTAIN WEST (A) = 67.54 67.54 ( 8) 8 67.46 ( 8)
    9 CONFERENCE USA (A) = 64.87 64.89 ( 9) 12 64.90 ( 9)
    10 WESTERN ATHLETIC (A) = 64.59 64.78 ( 10) 8 64.75 ( 10)
    11 MID-AMERICAN (A) = 62.74 62.29 ( 11) 13 62.57 ( 11)
    12 SUN BELT (A) = 58.90 58.80 ( 12) 9 58.82 ( 12)

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

From Dr SEC

"Alabama has only beat four FBS schools with a winning record. If Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma, they will have beaten seven FBS schools with a winning record.
    With almost half as many wins versus teams with a winning record, what gives Alabama the better resume? Quality wins should not have less credence than quality losses. This idea is absurd.
    The truth is Alabama has only beaten one team currently ranked in the Top 20. A win over Oklahoma would give the Cowboys three wins versus teams currently ranked in the Top 20.
    How does a quality loss overcome that many more quality wins? Alabama might very well be the second best team in the nation. However, there is no concrete way of knowing.
    All we know is Alabama and LSU played, and the Tigers won."

Stealinhome
    Stealinhome's Avatar Become A Pro!

When you lose to an unranked team, you should lose the right to play in the national tittle game.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by Stealinhome View Post
    When you lose to an unranked team, you should lose the right to play in the national tittle game.
    florida lost to an unranked ole miss team, and then went on to WIN the national title...dumbass.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post

florida lost to an unranked ole miss team, and then went on to WIN the national title...dumbass.

You are confusing Stealinhome's opinion with the realities of the BCS

In reality if Ala plays LSU again and wins they will be the NC therefore you are a dumbass for arguing against this reality

sandman0713

ok...sorry for the dumbass comment...lol.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    You are confusing Stealinhome's opinion with the realities of the BCS

In reality if Ala plays LSU again and wins they will be the NC therefore you are a dumbass for arguing against this reality
    what does any of what you wrote have to do with what i posted? did i say bama would not be the champ if they beat lsu? did i even say florida was not the champ because they lost to an unranked team earlier in the year?...tho according to his logic they should be stripped of that title. i made a very simple statement, and you responded with something completely off the wall. honestly...you make bama fans look stupid man. sorry...but true.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Throw out the names of the teams. One team has 1 loss against the #1 team in OT and has destroyed the spread. The other team has one loss to a joke of a team and would be 14 point dogs to team 1 according to the experts.

If you vote team 2, it's because of bias.

Sam Odom

you make bama fans...

That is always your retort 'Bama fans this or Bama fans that' to people opposing your personal point of view/obsession

you are a one trick pony and are tiresome

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Throw out the names of the teams. One team has 1 loss against the #1 team in OT and has destroyed the spread. The other team has one loss to a joke of a team and would be 14 point dogs to team 1 according to the experts.

If you vote team 2, it's because of bias.
    if the loss is all that matters...

1. we completely disregard sos...meaning the fact that ostate would have beaten 5 ranked teams to your 2 doesn't matter. the fact you only have 3 wins over teams with a current winning record doesn't matter. we throw this out.
    2. we disregard that ostate would be the champ of the best conference in america according to the computers and many media. we disregard the fact that bama will be the 3rd best team in their own conference.we throw this out.

if we throw all that out and go only by the stregnth of the loss...

HOUSTON GOES...because they have no loss.

sandman0713

i mean shit man...i stated yesterday i don't even care who plays for the nc. i corrected a bama fan who wrote something stupid that would pretty much discredit his own point...and you start in on me. you start bashing me by first twisting what i said into something completely different, and then bashing me for saying something i never even said. get real man. you can't make a case for what you feel is right because there is no case to be made for any team so airtight that it can't be debated by someone. that makes you angry so you instead focus on coming after me on a personal level. the dude said something stupid, and i corrected him...let it go.

sandman0713

btw...before the next person comes in here bashing me...read all my posts in this thread. i don't feel bama is undeserving of a shot at the nc. if the voters put them in the game and they go on to beat lsu, i won't argue the fact they are national champs. i won't even argue after the fact about who deserved to be in the game most. i just feel there is no fair way to determine who plays for the nc in this current system, and it is bogus. there is an honest case to be made for other schools, because it has been made here very well by many...with more actual facts and stat's than the other side. not saying it is right...it just depends on how you look at it.

Hotlanta Steam
    3 days till my Christmas

btw...before the next person comes in here bashing me...read all my posts in this thread. i don't feel bama is undeserving of a shot at the nc. if the voters put them in the game and they go on to beat lsu, i won't argue the fact they are national champs. i won't even argue after the fact about who deserved to be in the game most. i just feel there is no fair way to determine who plays for the nc in this current system, and it is bogus. there is an honest case to be made for other schools, because it has been made here very well by many...with more actual facts and stat's than the other side. not saying it is right...it just depends on how you look at it.
    Well said, there is simply no way to know based on the current info... The system sucks, that is the one thing we all agree on.

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    how could you consider alabama the champs if lsu beat them already on there turf makes no sense not fair at all to lsu but they are most likely the 2nd best team id like to see va tech
    this is the stupidest statment I have ever read
    You mean , if boise state plays lsu and wins Bosie statew would be champs correct - so why wouldnt bama - be champs if they won, in the sec teams dont cry they want to play the best , in fact its not uncommon for teams to have rematches in the sec - so quit your crying - if you can find another team that deserves it more put em up there - alabama will likley lose anyways but grant me on this - Lsu will represent the sec in the title game - and they will run the score up on whoever it is that cheats a sec team out of playing in it - Nick saban scored with 1 minute left against texas and that is way out of charater for an alabama team - trust me LSU will bat Ok state by 50 or more and try to score with with any time left - that what the sec does is prove to everyone you dont leave the sec out of the bcs game

LINE-crush-ER

actually the fairest way sould be just grant LSU the national champs like they did in the old days prior the bowl games - this would be just - having a rematch is unfair but no one is more deserving than bama -
    its extremely hard o beat a team twice when your so even on all sides of the ball - Bama will be more motivated after the loss
    Lsu cant changed what worked for them , and bama will pactice agaainst what did work ,
    on the only thing fair about a rematch is - Sec teams commonlyy play a rematch for the sec title such as alabama and florida have done so many times in the past - all though I cant recall a time where it was split - I do recall Alabama winning both and vice versa - all though in I think 1989 or something FSU beat florida 20-23 ? close to that - and in the title game Florida won 45-20
    - thats is the only rematch in the title game i can recall - I do think bama outplayed lsu this year and if they could pull off a win like that - it would leave little or no doubt that the rematch was deserving but a close victory would leave speculation for everyone

LINE-crush-ER

the fact is - OSU was ranked better than bama - They lost to Iowa state -
    its as clear as day and night - to everyone else -
    had LSU lost to Miss state - LSu would not be in the bcs game -
    had OSU not lost to Iowa state and as it stands - OSU would still need to bea Oklahoma - I had already written them down for the bcs bowl game - now they are nt even a long shot
    I really think OSU and Arkansas are as closeley related teams as there are and LSU and Bama both beat arkansas more than convincingly

Romocide

Quote Originally Posted by Mo better blues View Post
    How can the Big 12 be better than the SEC? Oklahoma State lost to unranked Iowa State....Oklahoma lost to an unranked Texas Tech...and Texas lost to an unranked Kansas. But people think they have it tougher in the Big 12 than the SEC? Please...LSU is undefeated...Alabama lost by 3 in OT to #1 LSU and Arkansas lost to both the #1 and #2 teams...all the Big 12 teams that matter have lost to unranked teams except maybe Kansas State, I dont remember who they lost to. Its apples and oranges really. Oklahoma State would have 3-4 losses easily in the SEC...while LSU would still be undefeated in the Big 12.
    Texas beat Kansas 43-0. Not sure where you got that.

Texas Tech isn't ranked because they played in the toughest conference in college football this season. 7 of their last 8 games were against ranked Big 12 teams. They are a decent team in a conference loaded with good teams. If they played Alabama's schedule this season, I'm sure they would be ranked. Decent in the SEC equals a guaranteed ranking.

Arkansas needed a miracle to beat A&M, the 6-7th best team in the Big 12. I would pick some of the Big 12's unranked teams to defeat some of the SEC's ranked teams.

Oklahoma St. would have 3-4 losses in the SEC???? That is too stupid to even dignify a rebuttal. Texas A&M wouldn't have 4 losses.

LSU's D would be put to the test every week in the Big 12, against multiple high powered offenses, so who knows if they go undefeated. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. I do know that Alabama wouldn't be ranked #2 right now if they played in the Big 12.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

If that vaunted BIG 12 is as good as you all claim it is then why do they lose when they meet a SEC team in a BCS bowl routinely?? At no time in the last 15 yrs does the BIG 12 have a winning edge against the SEC in bowl games.

lyon804

You can argue the BCS system sucks and I will listen, but you CAN"T in good faith argue that the BIG 12 is a better conference than the SEC. Stats don't lie and when the BIG 12 plays the SEC they lose more times than not. Please read below the info posted from poster:Seer.

Since 1998 when the BCS was created, the SEC is 15-6 in BCS games. The Big 12 is 7-11.
    LSU is 4-0 in BCS games. OK St has never played in one.
    Since 2006 when the BCS National Championship Game was created, SEC teams have won every single one of them going 5-0 and the Big 12 is 0-2 in those.
    if you include pre 2006, In BCS games which decided the National Championship, the SEC is 7-0 and the Big 12 is 2-5.
    In the BCS era (since '98), the SEC is 19-8 vs The BIg 12 in ALL HEAD to HEAD BOWL MATCHUPS. to break that down further by bowl season(SEC never had a losing record in bowls vs Big 12 in any of these seasons): '98 1-1, '99 2-1, '00 1-1, '01 1-1, '02 1-1, '03 3-0, '04 1-0, '05 1-1, '06 1-1, '07 1-1, '08 2-0, '09 3-0, '10 1-0. It gets worse the more recent as the SEC is currently 6-o vs the Big 12 in the last 3 years.
    The Cotton Bowl has had a SEC vs Big 12 match up every year since 1999. The SEC has a winning record at 8-5 in those games held in Big 12 territory.

These results do not lie. The big 12 is an inferior conference. Oklahoma State should hope they don't make it to the NC because there would be almost no chance they could win that game. Ok ST's offense looks explosive vs typical soft Big 12 defenses but will be shut down vs a top defense.

Albert Pujols

if the loss is all that matters...

1. we completely disregard sos...meaning the fact that ostate would have beaten 5 ranked teams to your 2 doesn't matter. the fact you only have 3 wins over teams with a current winning record doesn't matter. we throw this out.
    2. we disregard that ostate would be the champ of the best conference in america according to the computers and many media. we disregard the fact that bama will be the 3rd best team in their own conference.we throw this out.

if we throw all that out and go only by the stregnth of the loss...

HOUSTON GOES...because they have no loss.
    Quit saying Bama is the third best team in the SEC that's a crock of shit and you know it. BCS is a terrible way of determining a champion but it's supposed to put 1 vs 2 and that's very clear here.

Vegas doesn't make lines where the wrong team is favored by 14 late in the year. Just doesn't happen.

Albert Pujols

No use in arguing about it. Bama is going to the national title game and there isn't a damn thing Okie St or their fans can do about it. Period.

ROLLLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!

lyon804

Iowa St in comparable to a Miss St. Had any team in the SEC lost to them as a 4td favorite and Okla St only loss was against LSU by a FG in OT I don't think anybody would be defending the SEC school going ahead of the big 12 school. Not to mention an SEC school giving up 45 pts on there homefield against a 1 dimensional almost non existant offense in K-State. Chokelahoma had the best offense ever seen by man kind in 2008 and they were held to 14 pts against Florida in the NC game. It is what is. Say you hate the system, the bias, or whatever else you hate but to compare the big 12 to the SEC as being a better conference is laughable. Some of the SEC teams look weak and it is a down year across the board because the league is top heavy.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Great info Lyon804!

Romocide

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Iowa St in comparable to a Miss St. Had any team in the SEC lost to them as a 4td favorite and Okla St only loss was against LSU by a FG in OT I don't think anybody would be defending the SEC school going ahead of the big 12 school. Not to mention an SEC school giving up 45 pts on there homefield against a 1 dimensional almost non existant offense in K-State. Chokelahoma had the best offense ever seen by man kind in 2008 and they were held to 14 pts against Florida in the NC game. It is what is. Say you hate the system, the bias, or whatever else you hate but to compare the big 12 to the SEC as being a better conference is laughable. Some of the SEC teams look weak and it is a down year across the board because the league is top heavy.
    And Alabama gave up 21 points to a D2 team on their homefield. Appalachian St. and Citadel held Georgia Southern to less points than that.

First 123456 ... Last