DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I'm Not One to Blame Officials for Losses, But...

this is very curious..

[IMG]http://derekmadden.mysbrforum.com/photos/l/**-x9Ymb.jpg[/IMG]

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Am a student at A&M. Agreed, one call doesn't effect a game, but that call is about as close as it gets to it, can't believe football has to come to this...

The picture has outraged a lot of people here in College Station

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well that's awkward...

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 673

lol...that is hilarious. how have i not seen this before? i think if your link was clickable more would see. here...

http://derekmadden.mysbrforum.com/ph...2.html?album=0

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

....The only clothes the officials should wear out of work is....ones with stripes

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2476

back in the day ,the refs call was made and it was done,now with all this technology everything changed the game of sports,people say have to change with the times but damn bring it back where the game is called by the officilas not the instant replay

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Haha that is too funny. Surely there is an honus on the conference to select refs without any bias?? Or was this one final kick in the nuts to A&M from the Big 12 before they leave!

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

ncsubowen
    ncsubowen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlies1 View Post
    Haha that is too funny. Surely there is an honus on the conference to select refs without any bias?? Or was this one final kick in the nuts to A&M from the Big 12 before they leave!
    I'm gonna have to go with this one.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Is this the bullshit call you are referring to?

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

That was a FU tax to A&M for leaving the Big 12, on top of the monetary penalty they are paying.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

First of all, prove it. You can't tell from that picture you have. Second, it was clear helmet to helmet contact. Third, they still couldn't stop Texas even after the call. They still had 30-40 yards to gain to get in good field goal range.

Also, there were some terrible calls made against Texas by that same guy. There was one they called Texas for horsecollar when he clearly had a hold of the guys jersey, nothing more. You could see it from a mile away.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Well, the actual contact was incidental as the Texas player didn't catch the ball. Had he completed the pass, he likely would have been falling forward and gone to ground with the ball, so a little lower and further forward and it could have been a brutal hit. The defensive player was leading with his helmet but I don't think that was the intention. He was just extending to try to get his hands on the pass.

Tough call to get tagged with, seeing as the "what would have happened" argument seems to be more at play than what did happen...

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Well, the actual contact was incidental as the Texas player didn't catch the ball. Had he completed the pass, he likely would have been falling forward and gone to ground with the ball, so a little lower and further forward and it could have been a brutal hit. The defensive player was leading with his helmet but I don't think that was the intention. He was just extending to try to get his hands on the pass.

Tough call to get tagged with, seeing as the "what would have happened" argument seems to be more at play than what did happen...
    i gotta say this...when i watched it live i said it was bs, and i had texas and the under. it was no more bs tho than many calls i have seen this season, that all helped to determine ballgames. officials have been awful this year in football AND basketball...and ncaa bball was just as bad last season. i have been so angry at times i would have thrown a brick thru my 55 inch tv if i felt i could really hit somebody in the picture. happens a lot...and i have watched many teams overcome it. a+m couldn't stop the pathetic horns o from getting into fg range from their own 40...you just gotta move on. until officials are made accountable for the calls...nothing changes.

sandman0713

btw...not saying it is right by that post. i have just seen more terrible calls involving that rule than anything in the history of football. i don't feel ref's are trained properly...and i don't feel they even know what they are actually supposed to be calling a personal foul.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    lol...that is hilarious. how have i not seen this before? i think if your link was clickable more would see. here...

http://derekmadden.mysbrforum.com/ph...2.html?album=0
    thanks, I didn't realize it wasn't clickable!

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    btw...not saying it is right by that post. i have just seen more terrible calls involving that rule than anything in the history of football. i don't feel ref's are trained properly...and i don't feel they even know what they are actually supposed to be calling a personal foul.
    Yes and No... I suspect that if you went through that guys career as a ref, he probably has a solid track record (I'm assuming he has at least a few years of experience at this level, but I didn't check) of calling good games. We're kind of crucifying him here for one bad call and assuming he sucks. No one remembers when the ref makes the right call though...