P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Oklahoma State FREEZE-OUT - USA Coaches Poll

<table width="102%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="inside-copy" height="14" width="182" align="right">
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" height="13" width="499">
    LSU (59)
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" height="13" width="247" align="right">
    12-0
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" height="13" width="234" align="right">
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" height="13" width="283" align="right">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="inside-copy" height="13" width="182" align="right">
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" width="499"> </td> <td class="inside-copy" width="247" align="right">
    11-1
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" width="234" align="right">
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" width="283" align="right">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="inside-copy" width="182" align="right">
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" width="499">Virginia Tech </td> <td class="inside-copy" width="247" align="right">
    11-1
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" width="234" align="right">
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" width="283" align="right">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="inside-copy" width="182" align="right">
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" height="14" width="499">Stanford </td> <td class="inside-copy" height="14" width="247" align="right">
    11-1
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" height="14" width="234" align="right">
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" height="14" width="283" align="right">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="inside-copy" height="14" width="182" align="right">
    </td> <td class="inside-copy" height="14" width="499"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

P.F.Kasooff

This almost guarantees a LSU/Bama re-match

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Ok St has no one to blame losing to Iowa St... inexcusable...the cream is at the top of the list
    Points Awarded:

BiffTFinancial gave Dirty Sanchez 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cant call it

P.F.Kasooff

At #5 even a win next week against Okl will not jump them up 3 spots

many thought they would be 3rd - HOWEVER the Computer likes them

Will have to see the BCS poll later

P.F.Kasooff

NCAA FBS Harris Interactive Poll

1 LSU (115) 12-0 2,875
    2 Alabama 11-1 2,756
    3 Stanford 11-1 2,512
    4 Virginia Tech 11-1 2,438
    5 Oklahoma State 10-1 2,414

P.F.Kasooff

<table style="width: 761px; height: 164px;" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="vaTextBold" width="86">
    Rank
    </td> <td class="vaTextBold" width="200">Team</td> <td colspan="2" class="vaTextBold">
    Harris Poll
    </td> <td colspan="2" class="vaTextBold">
    USA TODAY poll
    </td> <td colspan="2" class="vaTextBold">
    Computer rank
    </td> <td class="vaTextBold" width="166">
    BCS Average
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="9">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="vaText" width="86">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="200">LSU</td> <td class="vaText" width="69">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="98">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="54">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="120">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="94">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="90">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="166">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="200">Alabama</td> <td class="vaText" width="69">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="200">Oklahoma State</td> <td class="vaText" width="69">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="200">Stanford</td> <td class="vaText" width="69">
    </td> <td class="vaText" width="200">Virginia Tech</td> <td class="vaText" width="69">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

P.F.Kasooff

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post

HOWEVER the Computer likes them (Oklahoma State)

But now they are 3rd , last wk 2nd in the Computer Poll

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

They can't put Ok St in with that offense because they would actually exploit an SEC defense and all the SECers would have nothing to rumble on about how great that conference is.... when in reality the offenses in the SEC are beyond pathetic, making the defenses seem invincible... don't get me wrong the SEC has some good defensive clubs but not as good as all the people that blow that conference every chance they get.

P.F.Kasooff

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post

They can't put Ok St in with that offense because they would actually exploit an SEC defense and all the SECers would have nothing to rumble on about how great that conference is.... when in reality the offenses in the SEC are beyond pathetic, making the defenses seem invincible... don't get me wrong the SEC has some good defensive clubs but not as good as all the people that blow that conference every chance they get.

So...How do you explain the SEC's dominance in the BCS Championship games ?

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

LSU can lose the SEC title game and still play Alabama with the championship game.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

this guy is the supreme hater. This was the SAME argument when Oklahoma got beaten by Florida. The 2008 Oklahoma team that set the all time scoring record with 702 points was shut down. That Oklahoma team was better than this OK State team. This LSU team is better than that Florida team. The reason that OK St teams offense racks up those yards and points is because those Big 12 defenses are PATHETIC.
    Points Awarded:

mmike032 gave The Seer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: xbhessx

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

LSU held Oregon to 20 points if you take away garbage touchdown in final seconds and they would do the same thing to Ok State. LSU and Bama defenses are legit and there is not a team in the country that can "exploit" them. And no, I am not an SEC homer, I call them like I see them.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Okie St - Look everyone, we line up and throw bubble screen and slants all day...we can do this because our Big 12 conference has no Defense!

LSU - Remember Oregon's 'potent' offense in September?

Bottom line...pollsters voted LSU #1 and all 2nd place votes went to Bama.....sent the message there will be no chicanery and mutiny by the voters.....it's the best 2 schools playing in the big game...period. If the other teams don't like it...BEAT THEM! or schedule better out of conference games next time....Penn St had a shot at Bama in Happy Valley...Fail......Oregon had an LSU team on neutral field early in midst of the suspension scandal.....FAIL......Oklahoma just had to beat Texas Tech and Baylor....Fail...Boise had to beat an average TCU team.....FAIL......see the pattern?

LSU and Bama are the clear dominant teams and should get the rematch.....who wants another LSU beat down of the Ducks or Va Tech playing Bama again like previous seasons when they were solid?

ROLL TIDE!!

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Who the **** wants to see LSu/Bama again?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

P.F.Kasooff

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post

LSU bettors

P.F.Kasooff

Speaking of Ok St They may very well get beat next Saturday. odds are a coin-flip

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Wished they would have stayed undefeated so they can at least look presentable when they get spanked by the SEC.

Undefeated vs undefeated always looks good.

They probably lose to OK anyway.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Me. They're absolutely the two best teams in college football.

blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan View Post
    Me. They're absolutely the two best teams in college football.
    So if bama wins they're the best team in the country?

titanup
    titanup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

If you don't think LSU and ALA are the two best teams in the country, then your delusional

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

If Boise had beaten TCU, would they be #2 in the BCS right now? Or stuck at #3?

Btw, I still can't believe Ok. St. blew their shot at the NCG game. Against Iowa St. of all teams. I do think the tragedy played somewhat of a role though. Very bad timing.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

LSU is going to dominate anyone in the championship game. They are WAY better then Alabama.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

2 best teams are LSU/Bama... no doubt
    but who the hell wants to see that as the title game
    I sure as hell dont and I'm an SEC homer
    we need LSU agaisnt anyone except Bama to pad the bankroll given the spread is reasonable
    would love for Okie St to make it to the title game

BOL has LSU -2 over Bama right now if they play

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Come on Paco, you're a sharp dude.

Do you really wanna see a bunch of bubble screens ran all game by maybe one or two NFL backups on Jan 9th....or do you wanna see the future of the NFL with 2 dynasty programs wailing on each other for 3 hours?

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Come on Paco, you're a sharp dude.

Do you really wanna see a bunch of bubble screens ran all game by maybe one or two NFL backups on Jan 9th....or do you wanna see the future of the NFL with 2 dynasty programs wailing on each other for 3 hours?

so you really want to see a bama team that wasn't good enough to beat this lsu team in their own stadium get mopped up again on a neutral field? bama has no chance...and after their 2nd crack at lsu i doubt they will have scored a td on that d. bama is posed to have one of the greatest home field advantages in the nation...yet oregon, w virginia, w kentucky, kentucky, miss state, florida, tennessee, auburn, and arkansas scored as much or more on the lsu d than bama did at home. i don't think anyone argues the fact the sec is the best conference...tho the bottom half of that conference is weaker than it has been in years. i don't think anyone argues the fact that lsu is the best team in the country. what sane people argue is that bama is not any better than stanford, va tech, ok state, and maybe a few others. of course i am an okstate fan...but in complete honesty i would have to say va tech is the 2nd best team in the country right now, and if they win their conference they have a much greater claim to the nc game than a bama team who already lost at home to lsu. i have heard for many years how the sec is measured against themselves by the homers and the media...and this is proof for me. what will be pathetic is if lsu loses to georgia...then you will have 2 teams playing for the NATIONAL title who weren't even good enough to win their own conference. debate it you homers in here...call me a moron or whatever...but bama has no legit claim to the nc game, and they will likely be humiliated on a neutral field in one of the most boring and unatractive title games of all time.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Honestly, it kind of sucks that we're going to see an LSU-Alabama rematch because we've already seen them play. I doubt very many people really enjoyed that game. If we see the same conservative style in the NC game, it will be a disappointment.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Honestly, it kind of sucks that we're going to see an LSU-Alabama rematch because we've already seen them play. I doubt very many people really enjoyed that game. If we see the same conservative style in the NC game, it will be a disappointment.
    yes...and you will pretty much have the western half of the united states not interested in the nc game. i am about as big a fan of college football as you will find...but i will honestly consider skipping that game and doing something else. anyways...said my peace.

Scoobdog24
    Scoobdog24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3765

There is nothing going to stop LSU/Alabama for the National Championship.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

v tech does not belong

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

alabama dominated lsu in there last game, all alabama had to do was make one of those fg. LSU showed me nothing in that game except they can score in ot after the other team doesn't score.

jmdudney
    jmdudney's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread is stupid. Nobody has presented a valuable point. Let me start to break it down for you...

Somebody said Ok St would "exploit" an SEC defense. Thats possible I suppose, but the downside to that is that Ok St has no defense whatsoever to prevent points from Bama and LSU's "above average" offenses. So baasically they dont really cancel out. Yeah, Ok St is the best offense in the country, but they dont even have a decent defense to cover their back. So, No.

Then, somebody wanted to bring up the Oklahoma/Florida National Championship. Well, your making a point I guess, but the same can be said for the other side of the coin, being as aa complete Offense based team in the USC Trojans, destroyed Oklahoma, granted they had to vacate but the fact remains, their is other factors than supreme defense and great offense.

Then somebody said, "if you dont think Alabama and LSU are the two best teams in the country, your delusional". Ok, I can see your point, but what about Houston? Yea, I asked. They dont exactly have an SEC schedule, but they are undefeated, which definitely is no easy task in College Football. Also, They have a better qb than either LSU, or Alabama. You know, the field general? Im not saying their better, or even as good, just be mindful.

Then last somebody said, "who wants to see Bama get 'mopped' up again?" HAHA do i really need to comment on this?

I could quote everyone on these things, but I prefer not to put people on the spot.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

I'd much rather see LSU vs OSU in the NCG. Elite offense vs. elite D would have my interest. I have no interest in seeing Bama and LSU play again. If Bama wins, you could still make a case that LSU is the true champ because they beat Bama on the road. I don't like the idea of a debated champ.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdudney View Post
    This thread is stupid. Nobody has presented a valuable point. Let me start to break it down for you...
    What point were you trying to make?

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Oklahoma State is a shitty team.. No chance in hell they will be in the NC game.. They got beaten by an UNRANKED team.. for fukks sakes, that ends the argument here..

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma State has 2 games left don't they? Oklahoma and then the Big 12 champ.

They could jump if they play great those 2 games.

1234 ... Last