AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

i swear vegas runs college football

everyone on tulsa and arkansas yesterday and boom they both get creamed...everyone on northwestern and michigan today and look whats happening

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by AL1322 View Post
    everyone on tulsa and arkansas yesterday and boom they both get creamed...everyone on northwestern and michigan today and look whats happening
    I'm not sure what you are looking at, but 70% of all bets were on Michigan State. Northwestern only had 30% of all betting volume. I think you might need to rethink where you get your information. GL on your plays.

AL1322

talking about the handicappers.....seems like eveyone i saw had a goy or gom or whatever on mich and northwestern..it was like that yesterday also

Cobra07751
    Cobra07751's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe he means everyone on this board.

I was on Houston and LSU yesterday. Had Tulsa beaten OSU, Boise St, or Ok St I might have taken Tulsa.

AL1322

and im assuming its only 30% bcuz most people took the moneyline..or does that not count

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

GTFO. The thing that makes Vegas so good at what they do is that they're masters of mass psychology. They don't know who's going to win each game, but they definitely know how to gauge public opinion and how to manipulate that opinion into acting in the way that's best for them. It has nothing to do with imposing their will on the games themselves.

AL1322

yes cobra that also...seemed like everyone was pounding them

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

and im assuming its only 30% bcuz most people took the moneyline..or does that not count
    Sometimes you'll see a 70/30 split on the spread for Team A, but a 30/70 split on the ML favouring Team B. Without the # of wagers laid on each, it's hard to gauge how meaningful that really is. On a small spread like Houston/Tulsa, people would be almost equally likely to take the Tulsa ML as the +2.5, so it implies balance. However when the spread is -7.5 and you see 70% on the dog ML, that's an entirely different situation, where the majority of the total action is likely on the spread, and the ML % is far less meaningful.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't refer to them as "vegas" usually but yes their are definite interests in sports(even college) where money and gambling are a factor. These so called "vegas" people do have the pull to make things happen in games.

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Conspiracy theorists are fuking idiots. Teams play to win the games!

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you think "Vegas" had anything to do with the ass beatings tulsa and ark took yesterday you should prob find another hobby.....

SK telling you right..."vegas" as you call them are smart enough to know what to do to manipulate bettors which is far easier than trying to convince teams to fukkin lay down...