chitown17
    chitown17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 695

Question about line movement

What does it mean when 60%+ of money is on a team but the line is moving in favor of them

For example: Say Mich is -10 and 70% of the money is on Mich but the line drops to -9. What do you take from that and what would you bet, Mich or the dog?

thelegend67
    thelegend67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2528

certainly to come off of a key number like 10, i would give more weight to the dog. the percentages are the number of bets. so in your example 7 out of 10 bets are on the favorite, but something ( like bigger amounts of money ) is causing the book to drop the line. you can get a vast difference in opinion on this subject here on this forum. this is my 2 cents.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by chitown17 View Post
    What does it mean when 60%+ of money is on a team but the line is moving in favor of them

For example: Say Mich is -10 and 70% of the money is on Mich but the line drops to -9. What do you take from that and what would you bet, Mich or the dog?
    I would question the assumption that 70% of the money is where you think it is. How do you know? How reliable is your source? I tend to doubt any of those reports that 70% is one side.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chitown17 View Post

It usually means nothing, but there are loons that think Vegas fixes every game and so you should bet the "reverse line movement".
    Nonsense.
    You cannot trust the % of $$$ bet, who knows? And different entities have different %'s, volumes, etc.
    And one book keeps a line at 7, another goes to 6, for their own reasons, you cannot go by ONE book or one data base for either.
    Do not let it affect your handicapping.

chitown17
    chitown17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 695

Thanks for the input. I wasnt sure if I should fade the public when that happens because now the line moved in the favorites favor even with more action on the dog (supposedly more action). Guess I'll just go with my picks and those from the different cappers I follow on here. Sometimes I guess you can over think things.