ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

If LSU loses to Georgia, they better be in NCAA Champ game?

If not, it's a huge screw-job. They've faced all challenges vs top-10 teams and got the job done.

Shouldn't be leaped, if they have one slip-up.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

agreed

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    If not, it's a huge screw-job. They've faced all challenges vs top-10 teams and got the job done.

Shouldn't be leaped, if they have one slip-up.
    I hope you aren't including West Virginia as a challenge. West Virginia might finish in the bottom half of a god awful Big East.

But they'll probably be in there if they lose to Georgia.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I agree as well

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will be in anyway, never in doubt.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

georgia game is meaningless lsu is now in the ncg gl

wildcorndog
    wildcorndog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Yea, I would get alot of the younger guys alot of playing time next weekend because it really doesn't matter

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

LSU is already in the NCG no matter what. If Alabama beast Auburn as expected, the LSU/Alabama rematch will be etched in stone. As I posted in another thread, that means that if Georgia then beats LSU, it would mean that two teams that did not win their own conference will then be playing for a national championship.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

That's the system and it works pretty good overall. Not sure how a playoff system would work without issue either. Top 8 in a playoff? Ok why is #9 not #8 and them left out? It will never be perfect in football and can't have a 64 team playoff. If Bama was ranked 21st at the beginning of the year they would not be #2 right now.

BigTenSports
    BigTenSports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    LSU is already in the NCG no matter what. If Alabama beast Auburn as expected, the LSU/Alabama rematch will be etched in stone. As I posted in another thread, that means that if Georgia then beats LSU, it would mean that two teams that did not win their own conference will then be playing for a national championship.
    That'd be hilarious.

I'd vote Georgia 1st at the end of the year on my ballot just because they won the best conference.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    That's the system and it works pretty good overall. Not sure how a playoff system would work without issue either. Top 8 in a playoff? Ok why is #9 not #8 and them left out? It will never be perfect in football and can't have a 64 team playoff. If Bama was ranked 21st at the beginning of the year they would not be #2 right now.
    We need a playoff. Sure there would be controversy about who got shafted at number 8, but that isn't near as important as letting the players decide it on the field, instead of inside of a computer. I hate the BCS system.

There are several teams this year who can make a good case for playing the BCS championship. The BCS system only allows one.

The only reason the BCS and bowl system exist is because of money. Screw the fan. Screw the sport. It's all about the money. I hate it. Nobody cares about the stupid corporate sponsors.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

They are in. Look at who they've beat. If they beat UGA and Alabama again, they'll have a really good argument of being one of the best teams ever.

Johnrl21
    Johnrl21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2097

IMO...the BCS works/worked.....The best 2 teams will play for a national championship....again...It's akward that they're both in the same division of the same league, but that's life......If other teams had taken care of their business and beaten teams they should've beaten, it would not have come to this. Other teams have nobody to blame but themselves. Houston should be blaming their AD for putting together such a weak schedule and expecting to get into the BCS title game.

It's funny....I don't hear the screaming on behalf of Houston near as much as I have the past few years for Boise St.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Because the yelling for Boise started after they beat Oklahoma in a bcs game. Houston doesn't have any history since David klingler

Johnrl21

What did that year have to do with the next?

So if Houston beats VT in a BCS bowl this year and has another weak-ass schedule next year and goes undefeated, will people scream more then?

ChuckyTheGoat

One Q...for anyone who has read all the bi-laws.

Isn't there a BCS rule that the top 5 games (10 teams) can include a MAX of two teams from any conference. Well, Georgia over LSU would give the Dawgs one automatic bid. Then the BCS makes an EXCEPTION for LSU/Alab title game? I'm sure the language may be different. But the cap used to be two teams from any conference.

ChuckyTheGoat

"BCS rules do not allow more than two teams from one conference to get a bid"

Haven't heard any of the analysts mention this.

ChuckyTheGoat

I guess there is an exception in the language:

"No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS standings."

Johnrl21

I believe you answered your own question

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Game will be over by halftime.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrl21 View Post
    What did that year have to do with the next?

So if Houston beats VT in a BCS bowl this year and has another weak-ass schedule next year and goes undefeated, will people scream more then?
    of course they will....they haven't beaten anyone so they'll appear to be more legit

everyone laughed boise off until the beat ou