bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

2006 Texas Football Breakdown

This years Texas team is comming off of a dream season where the won a national championship in stunning fashion to beat USC in probly one of the greatest national championship game in history.

this years texas squaud will not have there fearless leader comming back in QB vince young. freshman Colt MCcoy and Jevon snead will be battling it out for the starting job this year, and the talk so far is that MCcoy should get the nod for the starting job this year.

Texas does have a great O-line comming back this year to help out the young QB's, but i feel the lack of experience will be a big negative for the longhorns.

Texas does have a very good defense returning this year, but i don't feel it's enough to repeat last years miracle season they had.

heres this years Texas schedule:

09/02 North Texas
    09/09 Ohio State
    09/16 at Rice
    09/23 Iowa State
    09/30 Sam Houston State
    10/07 at Oklahoma (at The Cotton Bowl)
    10/14 Baylor
    10/21 at Nebraska
    10/28 at Texas Tech
    11/04 Oklahoma State
    11/11 at Kansas State
    11/24 Texas A&M

my projection this year for the longhorns is 10-2

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm saying 9-3. IMO, they lose to Oklahoma, and lose two of three against Ohio St., Nebraska, and TT.

bigboydan

TT could pose a legit threat to them this year, but i'm not sure if they can beat them though.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Longhorns running back to transfer after 15-TD year

AUSTIN, Texas -- Running back Ramonce Taylor, who struggled with academic and legal troubles after Texas' national championship season, said he will transfer to another school.

Taylor scored a touchdown in Texas' Rose Bowl win over Southern California. But he missed spring practice because of academic problems and in May was arrested on a marijuana possession charge, which is still pending.

In a statement released by Texas officials Tuesday, Taylor thanked his teammates and coach Mack Brown. The statement did not say where he planned to transfer.

"Frederick Douglass once said, 'No struggle, no progress.' I've had my share of struggles and now it's time for progress," Taylor said.

"I want to thank my teammates who supported me through any struggle," he said. "I also need to thank coach Brown for always being honest and never changing. He always treated me as a person first and not just a football player. I'll always respect him for that."

One of the Longhorns' most versatile players, Taylor scored 15 touchdowns last season, playing both running back and wide receiver.

"We appreciate all that R.T. contributed to our program," Brown said. "We wish him the very best in football and in life."

Despite Taylor's departure, Texas has depth at running back. Jamaal Charles rushed for 878 yards and 11 touchdowns as a freshman last season and senior Selvin Young and sophomore Henry Melton combined for 893 yards and 18 TDs.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I think 2 loses is reasonable maybe even 3 IF both QB's stink it up. As long as Mack does not play QB carasoul as he did with Major Applewhite and Chris Simms (though that would be every OU fans dream) they should be aight.

bigboydan

the QB situation of the longhorns are my main concern with this team this year. i'm really not sold on MCcoy or Snead at all, but it's the system with a veteran o-line that should get them those 10 wins i'm projecting for them.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    AUSTIN, Texas -- Running back Ramonce Taylor, who struggled with academic and legal troubles after Texas' national championship season, said he will transfer to another school.

Taylor scored a touchdown in Texas' Rose Bowl win over Southern California. But he missed spring practice because of academic problems and in May was arrested on a marijuana possession charge, which is still pending.

In a statement released by Texas officials Tuesday, Taylor thanked his teammates and coach Mack Brown. The statement did not say where he planned to transfer.

"Frederick Douglass once said, 'No struggle, no progress.' I've had my share of struggles and now it's time for progress," Taylor said.

"I want to thank my teammates who supported me through any struggle," he said. "I also need to thank coach Brown for always being honest and never changing. He always treated me as a person first and not just a football player. I'll always respect him for that."

One of the Longhorns' most versatile players, Taylor scored 15 touchdowns last season, playing both running back and wide receiver.

"We appreciate all that R.T. contributed to our program," Brown said. "We wish him the very best in football and in life."

Despite Taylor's departure, Texas has depth at running back. Jamaal Charles rushed for 878 yards and 11 touchdowns as a freshman last season and senior Selvin Young and sophomore Henry Melton combined for 893 yards and 18 TDs.

his leaving isn't that big of loss IMO.. they are pertty deep at the RB position.